Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    it got worse, it went from 3 second extension to 2 second extension, almost impossible to break even now.
    its funny.
    everyone screamed "blizz pls dont we like the full refresh" as their feedback for this change.
    what do they do with it? make it even weaker!
    at this point they just want to see us suffer. and cry.
    It's actually 4 seconds now, even if the tooltip says it's 2. If this is not intended and 2 goes live I would instantly quit this class lol.

Deleted
    Where are the notes? Cant see them and what has been nerfed?
    Imo mindsear looks neat

Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    Where are the notes? Cant see them and what has been nerfed?
    Imo mindsear looks neat
    Aha. I just hope I will get all the old raid mount drops before 7.1.5, because farming old raids without current msear feels like trying to move an ocean with your hands. No, I won't even consider switching holy spec spamming holy nova for that, thinking that I have to switch to heal spec to deal damage is ridiculous.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    so it does no longer swp aoe damage? god what the heck
    I think they reverted that change. Its a spell again now and has stacking damage.

Deleted
    Where are the patch notes

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    Where are the patch notes
    Thread: Patch 7.1.5 PTR - Build 23109 Spell Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    It's actually 4 seconds now, even if the tooltip says it's 2. If this is not intended and 2 goes live I would instantly quit this class lol.
    Just fieldtested on the PTR and it's 2 seconds, not 4. Your dots do eventually drop off, since you need an astronomical amount of haste to extend it by normal rotation...

On a sidenote: Legendary shoulders now give a flat 5 stacks when entering voidform so essentially a buff to yourfirst voidform but also a nerf of 2-3 stacks if you had a fluid rotation
    Last edited by Karei; 2016-11-30 at 10:10 AM.

Are these changes from today depending on the live servers or on the last PTR changes?

For example, today S2M is not mentioned at all, so in what state is it? +100% Insanity (Live) or +150% Insanity (Last PTR patch).

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Are these changes from today depending on the live servers or on the last PTR changes?

For example, today S2M is not mentioned at all, so in what state is it? +100% Insanity (Live) or +150% Insanity (Last PTR patch).
    Its a PTR patch so they are in addition to the previous PTR patch (unless they overwrite something, like the mindsear change).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So if i would like to know the absolute changes from actual PTR to live, i have to gather all single PTR patches? Or is there some kind of cumulative view?

Meanwhile on the blizzard headquarters
    youtube.co m/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

Seriously now... i dont see the point of mind sear changes and then insisting on not touching:
    -Twist of Fate dominating on tier 1
    -Shadow Word: Void (freaking useless, a lot of times i even forget that this exists)
    -Mass Hysteria (have a real sygergy with mind spike and our other artifact traits Kappa 4Head)
    Last edited by barnicle; 2016-11-30 at 01:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does it seem like they just flat out don't know what to do with shadow? Like they just keep passing spriest around the dev table and keep making random changes. They need to address the lack of choice for level 100 talent for pve. Also our aoe damage is still so bad

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like they just flat out don't know what to do with shadow? Like they just keep passing spriest around the dev table and keep making random changes. They need to address the lack of choice for level 100 talent for pve. Also our aoe damage is still so bad
    It's simple, they don't want to kill StM because it's someone's precious baby - same way they kept fucking around with Lightwell for several expansions. However, they realize that to make other options attractive, they would have to offer absurd buffs. As a result, they stumble and change everything, hoping they find something that works without breaking the class.

Can't say they're very succesful so far.

Deleted
    I just went on PTR to try out Mind Spike and I just don't get what they want with this ability. Mind Spike on the PTR is currently a new skill (e.g. it doesn't replace Mind Flay like on live), which makes your dots explode and removes them in the process.

To me this doesn't fit Shadow's overall kit at all and just makes your rotation in Void Form awkward and clunky and completely invalidates both Mass Hysteria and Void Bolt's dot-extension mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I just went on PTR to try out Mind Spike and I just don't get what they want with this ability. Mind Spike on the PTR is currently a new skill (e.g. it doesn't replace Mind Flay like on live), which makes your dots explode and removes them in the process.

To me this doesn't fit Shadow's overall kit at all and just makes your rotation in Void Form awkward and clunky and completely invalidates both Mass Hysteria and Void Bolt's dot-extension mechanic.
    Can you please tell me how much damage Mind Spike does (and your ILVL so that I have a comparison). Thanks!

I haven't done any testing or math, but I've been told that some people are finding the AoE Dps to be worse. Didn't even know it could be any worse :\

The changes to void bolt are cancerous, and beyond retarded. No longer refreshing but "extending" your dots, it's just annoying and hurts AoE Cleave, which is shadow's primary purpose.

Even after these changes, Spriest are still forced into the S2M builds, which was the whole point of changes.

#MakeShadowGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    mind sear is a passive now:

Fantastic amount of damage, will easily surpass 1 button cleave aoe classes /sarcasm off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can you please tell me how much damage Mind Spike does (and your ILVL so that I have a comparison). Thanks!
    Ilvl: 883 (36160 intellect)

• Outside Void Form
      • Main target: 195,444
      • Secondary target: 97,722

• During Void Form
      • Main target: 230,980
      • Secondary target: 115,489

• Outside Void Form

• During Void Form
    So when you "consume" two DoT's it's dealing ~ 195k damage or when?

Thanks!

Deleted

• Outside Void Form

• During Void Form
    Hits quite hard. Seems like it'd be an ability you use just as your dots are about to wear off.