Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    stockpiled when they were low so now they are selling for a scerwton as demand is down i imagine.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    stockpiled when they were low so now they are selling for a scerwton as demand is down i imagine.
    What makes you think that rising prices equate to lower demand?

Yea. With the gold flow in the last two expansions there are way more people making gold and wanting to exchange it for play time.

I don't know anyone who is gold starved and needs to spend $20.00 on a token. I do know like 25 people who buy game time though. I can only imagine this is pretty consistent throughout NA.

If they release the ability to do other services with it, it's going to keep going up.

There will still be the same amount of people interested in buying gold for money, but if you add all of the people looking to buy game time AND other services for gold, it's going to be super unbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    its because people are buying them now

more like casual players weren't looking forward for 7.1.5 , stopped supplying wow tokens.

cause blizz is doing an absolutely shit job at class balancing, many classes got rekt in the upcoming 7.1.5 with tons of nerfs that are uncalled for, and specs are being totally redesigned mid xpac which shouldnt even happen. Massive AP grind burn people out, slot machine legendary system with no way to target farm , etc.

and also more people are buying them now. Demand spiked really high and supply is shrinking
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-30 at 07:16 PM.

Its more likely due to the Blood Traders effect on the economy. Early on there was a high demand for gold due to expansion gearing, new pets, insane raid consumable prices, lack of chaos shards.... Now no one needs the gold to get raid consumables. World quest/worthless gear flooded the market with Chaos Shards. All the new pets/mounts are mainly bought out. People have less to spend their gold on, so why not buy game time? Gold is devalued now compared to a month ago, so the price should go up. Inflation..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    you are so lucky its that cheap. eu has been over 100k more or less since legion launch :'( or at least around there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats actually the opposite.

If too many buyers compared to sellers means demand is high and price goes up.
    Too many sellers compared to buyers means demand is low and price goes down.

No, casual gamers are the majority of players and they are the ones buying tokens.
    Hardcore and addicted players are a minority and they play the game a lot, they usually buy the token.

So there are less buyers and the price goes up. If you go back at the start of the xpac you'll see the price was low because it was full of casual gamers.

Supply and Demand.
    Currently there was no reason for a player to buy more than a subscription demanded, and the richest bought them early.
    Now with those new strings indicating the expansion of the service into battle.net credit, then there is suddenly a reason for players to buy more.
    Dramatically increased numbers of buyers in-game, increased demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Can we stack those token for a future Battle net balance ?
    That could explain something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Why on earth is the token getting so pricy now?

An item with a set value of 30kg is now worth double, 60kg isn't even worth 30 days of play time.

http://puu.sh/syR47/1a86173962.jpg
    Ah, that's sweet. Goes for 100k+ on EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Can we stack those token for a future Battle net balance ?
    That could explain something.
    The tokens are meant to be able to go be used for BNet balance too, so I bed so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    In the end, only the Russians can afford them. At 100k they're already out of range for 95%+ of the playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyinawell View Post
    Yea. With the gold flow in the last two expansions there are way more people making gold and wanting to exchange it for play time.

I don't know anyone who is gold starved and needs to spend $20.00 on a token. I do know like 25 people who buy game time though. I can only imagine this is pretty consistent throughout NA.

If they release the ability to do other services with it, it's going to keep going up.

There will still be the same amount of people interested in buying gold for money, but if you add all of the people looking to buy game time AND other services for gold, it's going to be super unbalanced.
    Well that's because 60k isn't worth $20, 110k totally is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Actually 70-80k it only jumped to ~100 after the assumption that tokens will be used for services.
    You are correct sorry I seem to remember wrongly.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

It will go much higher, expect 150k on EU once services will be announced

10+ Year Old Account
    Every US, I don't see why you're complaining, complain when the price is higher than EU and your TCG mount cost 4M to 9M each

99,800g right now on Daggerspine EU

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Is there any proof that Blizzard doesn't control the token prices? Surely its in Blizzard's best interest in have the token worth a lot of gold, as that means people are more likely to pay money for gold, which means more $$$.
    Well you just answered your own question. If Blizzard was just setting the price to whatever would make them money, we would not have had a year and a half of prices so low that you could trivially play for free without dedicating any effort whatsoever to making gold, just doing a few garrison chores and then a few order hall missions each day.

I think it will go 100k US servers. Why? The people who normally would buy these just aren't playing WoW anymore. It is way too grindy for the casual and VERY alt unfriendly.

Also, what do you need gold for? There is nothing to buy atm. Maybe they need to put a cool mount in nighthold and some people will buy tokens to sell for gold to buy carries?

My sub is up in Feb and I doubt I will pay what they are asking for a token now...I wouldn't pay 100k. I'll just unsub until the devs figure out all this grindy crap isn't fun.

If it's higher it just means i get more gold out of my money... So the higher the better. I never knew people actully did it the other way around.. I value Gold alot more than IRL Cash.. Since one is extremly much easier and less time consumeing to get than the other

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Blizzard does not set the prices. It is all based on demand.
    Since all functions are hidden from the player, and since players cannot set their own price, there's a good chance this isn't what's going on behind the scenes at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.