Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I kind of wish 12 had been that gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Vibe I get from 12 is that it feels like a single player version of 11. Which is alright tbh. Yiazmat is arguably one of the best superbosses ever.
    If u2 didn't know 12 is getting a current gen port.

Ill be picking that up and giving it a go, I tried the original and stopped playing it 30mins in. I was young, didn't know how to play and somehow I set it up where my characters kept attacking each other.

Got pissed and stopped playing it. I do own a Ps2 copy but ill just wait for the ps4 port.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Question for those who play: do you use magic? I feel like im always ending up hurting my party since they are always in the way. If you do, how you manage? Are the spell later in the game more target specific than AoE like the fire/blizzard you can make at the start? I'm just lvl 8 still doing stuff in the initial zone, just wondering how you play with that aspect of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If u2 didn't know 12 is getting a current gen port.

Ill be picking that up and giving it a go, I tried the original and stopped playing it 30mins in. I was young, didn't know how to play and somehow I set it up where my characters kept attacking each other.

Got pissed and stopped playing it. I do own a Ps2 copy but ill just wait for the ps4 port.
    I'll probably get it for the sake of it having the Zodiac Job system apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Eh... I think 13 (I didn't play the "add-ons") was horrible.

I really suffered throughout the whole story because the english VA was so hard for me to listen too (I don't even know if the original is better).
    It was really a lot of cutscene-talk that were slow and uneventful (and I was actually eager to get some info about the world I'm in).. and I really couldn't care less about half the characters.
    On top of that, the game is extremely restricting up until the point where you can roam for the first time. No squad building possible, you always had to go with what was avaialbe, even if you didn't like the characters. The worst thing was, you didn't even have a full team most of the time.
    The story itself had it's moments, but wasn't anything worth writing about. (and it really only had it's moments, it wasn't binding me to it in any way)

In the end, I couldn't stand it enough to even bother with the true endgame.. which I watched on youtube - and ya, that looked fun, at least the big stuff.
    But until then? No... not even a 60/100 tbh.

As for FF8, that game had at least stuff and optional enemies/areas to explore and beat throughout the *whole* game. When I first played it, I didn't even fully understand the junction/draw/GF turn X into Y stuff, but it became awfully easy once you did - yeah. Overall however: music, *world building*, the "awe" moments... so much more than FF13 ever had to offer.

I'm going to admit, I'm not really sure-footed in the FF lore, I know they are connected somehow, at least some of them (like FFXIV and FF3 etc.) but FF8 was a better "stand alone" game than FF13 in that regard too. I really felt like I was missing a lot of background information while playing through FF13.
    Tbh FF8 had some pretty amazing pieces of music. Man with the machine gun, The Extreme, Force your way and Only one between a plank and perdition are some of my favorites.

Tbh FF8 had some pretty amazing pieces of music. Man with the machine gun, The Extreme, Force your way and Only one between a plank and perdition are some of my favorites.
    FF8 Easily has one of the best sound tracks. Mines getting some good use while chilling in the car. 9 has some good ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    FF8 Easily has one of the best sound tracks. Mines getting some good use while chilling in the car. 9 has some good ones too.
    Eh not my favorite those honors for me go to 4 and 10. But 8 would be an easy 3rd.

Deleted
    I think the cutscene that involves your first mission.. Dollet was it? ... is already more cinematic than any of the FF13 ones imho. FF13 had some *cool* ones (at least I remember some) but they never really felt "epic" to me, maybe it's the music, I don't know, maybe it's because the characters in FF8 didn't talk and they had to work with the music and scenes to make them feel good.

Then later on, the garden fight, or before that the assasination attempt.. the owls. The music was of lower quality, because of how limiting everything was, but I still remember how much the themes and soundracks were able to pump me up.

Same in FFXIV btw., so it's not like it's because it's old (nostalgia).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-01 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Question for those who play: do you use magic? I feel like im always ending up hurting my party since they are always in the way. If you do, how you manage? Are the spell later in the game more target specific than AoE like the fire/blizzard you can make at the start? I'm just lvl 8 still doing stuff in the initial zone, just wondering how you play with that aspect of the game
    Pro tip: combine with items. You can use a potion to make a fira that heals you for example but there more extreme examples. Like using the behemoth horn before the demo boss lets you make a quintuple cast fira whch you cast on the barrels to one shot him. Right a bit later im mixing it up and having things like quintcast thundara-blizzara that you can use to parazyle a huge group and just hit your party with a megalixir or make sure they have a resist item equipped.

The friendly fire element really makes you look at your own gear and base it on your overwhelming magic as well as what the enemy uses, a good tip is have Ignis use the trigger ability to enchant Notcis' weapons with the enemies best weakness. His scan ability is not always convenient to read when theres 10 fast enemies closing in on you but suddenly doing ice attacks with a ice visual tells you 'hit the touchpad and equip a big ice spell and go nuts.

Its kind of a shame so many folks think its just button bashing combat really when using AP on the combat tree and really digging into elemancy turns it into some not quite bayonetta shenanigans with things like the lances and the aerial dodges and pile bunker movesets you unlock.

That or its folks playing on easy holding O who are not used to character action games that throw huge mobs at you in ways games like dark souls or zelda never does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I think the cutscene that involves your first mission.. Dollet was it? ... is already more cinematic than any of the FF13 ones imho. FF13 had some *cool* ones (at least I remember some) but they never really felt "epic" to me, maybe it's the music, I don't know, maybe it's because the characters in FF8 didn't talk and they had to work with the music and scenes to make them feel good.

Then later on, the garden fight, or before that the assasination attempt.. the owls. The music was of lower quality, because of how limiting everything was, but I still remember how much the themes and soundracks were able to pump me up.

Same in FFXIV btw., so it's not like it's because it's old (nostalgia).
    I've been cruising around Duscae listening to Balamb Garden or Waltz to the moon in the Regalia and its great, always remember to check the stores for new cds for your car as well as the mechanic waifu upgrades.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-12-01 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a PC version? Cause if not, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It isn't yet and it seems a lot do care since there is 47 pages worth of posting on this site alone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Well PS4 and XB1 version run quite well. Also 47 pages of people care so you know.

Oh off topic a bit but I forgot one amazing piece of FF8 music because I haven't played it for a while.

Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-01 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    It will, seems like the devs spent all of this time to just get it acceptable on the consoles, lets just be glad they didn't release a PC version at the same time, that be worse then AC unity, however Nier Automata is getting a PC release so its pretty much set in stone for it to be released on PC as well.

Come on guys no need to take the hook of low level fedoracore "vape life, master race, no fat chicks" tier b8

-in better news go to the powerplant town in Duscae's gas station to get two seperate sets of songs for the regalaia from FFXIV. Love or hate the mmo some of those songs are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Come on guys no need to take the hook of low level fedoracore "vape life, master race, no fat chicks" tier b8

-in better news go to the powerplant town in Duscae's gas station to get two seperate sets of songs for the regalaia from FFXIV. Love or hate the mmo some of those songs are fantastic.
    Wait there's FF14 music? Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    It will, seems like the devs spent all of this time to just get it acceptable on the consoles, lets just be glad they didn't release a PC version at the same time, that be worse then AC unity, however Nier Automata is getting a PC release so its pretty much set in stone for it to be released on PC as well.
    I imagine it will get one, 2015/16 saw a lot of the others get pc ports finally, they said XV is a big 'experiment in the future of the franchise' so i can't imagine its not something they at least workshopped during production.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait there's FF14 music? Which ones?
    -before meteor: fallen angel
    -a realm reborn: hard to miss
    -a realm reborn: to the sun
    -a realm reborn: on westerly wind
    -a realm reborn: the land breathes
    -a realm reborn: serenity
    -a realm reborn: UNDER THE WEIGHT
    -a realm reborn: enrage

Given theres just 1 before meteor track i assume more shops later will sell more, and hopefully a Heavensward tracklist would be nice. Shame you can't use these for the battle music, some of the FFXIV ones would fit just fine.

Wish they had a PC version of this. Not tempting enough to go out and buy a console for. Maybe they'll get a PC port out by the end of next year (around the time Destiny 2 hits PC, and Xbox Scorpio gets released tempting me to finally get a console again).

Man, if you are not a completionist and at level for the main story quest do not head down to the south west of Duscae, i'm 25 hours in at chapter 3 and lvl.27 across the board and out of the woods came a lvl.35 cloaked couerl that nocked me down to staggered and 0hp in one hit, i warp striked the shit out of there but i imagine if you are around lvl. 9 and speeding through the main plot this shit would wreck you.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-12-01 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man, if you are not a completionist and at level for the main story quest do no head down to the south west of Duscae, i'm 25 hours in at chapter 3 and lvl.27 across the board and out of the woods came a lvl.35 cloaked couerl that nocked me down to staggered and 0hp in one hit, i warp striked the shit out of there but i imagine if you are around lvl. 9 and speeding through the main plot this shit would wreck you.
    Ya IMO unless you do every single thing u can the leveling is quite off. Even then its quite off.

I know the whole don't out at night thing but there shouldn't be a level 30 Iron Giant out in a level 1-10 area. Even more so when you are doing a level 10 nighttime hunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is dual audio right? I don't feel like ordering from Japan.

Think I might get it when there is a sale. I feel like I know what I'll be getting into after watching videos on it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Think I might get it when there is a sale. I feel like I know what I'll be getting into after watching videos on it all day.
    Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya IMO unless you do every single thing u can the leveling is quite off. Even then its quite off.

I know the whole don't out at night thing but there shouldn't be a level 30 Iron Giant out in a level 1-10 area. Even more so when you are doing a level 10 nighttime hunt.
    Yeah it feels like it was designed for new players to the franchise, good old sqenix being the Activision of the east and shooting for a bigger catchment and not caring if it alienates and drives away existing customers and all that, only then you hit these moments where its clearly the old school players that will have done everything and maxed shit like fishing early on that will coast and the 'newbies' even playing on easy are going to get their shit pushed in.
    Don't get me wrong its a good game so far, might be my rpg of the year if it doesnt get inconsistent and can then compete with cyber sleuth but it feels very much like there were differing opinions about the leveling curve on the design team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Both, its weeb and piggu gaijin friendly.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-12-01 at 02:21 AM.