Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wonder if he was getting a disability check from the government?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Naw, I just can't stand people that say dumb shit even tho they have no clue what they are talking about. That is one of my weaknesses.
    What makes a person that has PTSD and offs themselves different to this person? or someone with incureable cancer?
    Really? Yes, some 40yr-old who can't control his drinking is exactly the same as a veteran who saw heads on doorsteps in Ramadi or a person with stage IV pancreatic cancer.

OOOoooookkkkkkaaaayyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Really? Yes, some 40yr-old who can't control his drinking is exactly the same as a veteran who saw heads on doorsteps in Ramadi or a person with stage IV pancreatic cancer.
    OOOoooookkkkkkaaaayyyy
    Pain and suffering is personal, especially in the case of psychological issues.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-12-01 at 04:44 AM.

Stop trying to control what others do, its that simple.

if i ever get into a situation where i'm out of control of my life, like vegetable state or something like that, i want to be let go or put down.

one dumbass shouldn't screw it up for everyone.

Seems like there would be an issue if he were drunk at the time of the procedure and could not really consent to it. He might have had last minute second thoughts if sober.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    And you think an alcoholic should get to decide whether he lives or dies because he "wanted It"? You do realise not all people have the mental clarity to make such decisions and safeguards should be put into place to protect them from themselves.

But of course, I can't expect people on this forum to sympathise, after all, if you're not excessively liberal then you don't have a say in how society should function.
    ofcourse he doesn't decide. multiple doctors decide independent of each other, and it's a criminal offense if they muck it up. what more then that do you want as safeguards?

Deleted
    Thing is, if he can't do it the regulated way he might jump in front of a train.

Is that what people rather have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Sure, 21 rehab trips didn't do the trick, but I'm sure it was his weak will that was the problem.
    Exactly, it was his weak will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

"Simply stopped drinking" spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about.
    It is easy. Just... stop doing that. Trivial.

Deleted
    Some men are weak.

Oh look at me i had a bad day i want to die. Grow the fuck up and improve your life. Who said life was supposed to be rosy everyday. There are lessons to be learnt in everything. What a fucked up victim mentality
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Why? Kids shouldn't be sheltered from death, and this was at least planned. A sudden suicide would've been worse, as then people would be saddled with guilt that they should've tried harder, as an example.
    Yeah because its a lot better for them to think "Guess spending time with us was worth less than not drinking to him."

15+ Year Old Account
    Better than jumping in front of a train no?

Why do you people care, you didn't know him, you didn't know his strugges or issues. If he had hung himself or jumped off a bridge you wouldn't give a shit and neither would almost everyone else besides his closest, he would be just another suicide on the statistics.

This guy was obviously tired of his life and didn't want to suffer anymore, who are we to judge if someone wants to live or die. He went down in a humane way and probably made his peace with friends and family if he had any. Now they can live on at least knowing the guy is truly resting in peace and they couldn't change his mind. Would it be better to have him splattered on the side walk instead?

As long as people have enough clarity to make their own decisions and those decisions aren't just spur of the moment but truly the wishes of heart, anybody should be able to have their life terminated. We need more euthanasia.

Deleted
    So... without it he'd have tried it himself, which could've crippled him for the rest of his life... (on top of what he already suffered from)

Not sure if that is any better. As long as he himself made the decision, I'm okay with it.

I don't know exactly how it works, but do they just go somewhere and say: "Doc, please kill me".
    Or do they ask for it, and then they have to wait 1-4 weeks, to check whether he still wants to die 4 weeks later.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-01 at 12:25 PM.

He made that choice, as long as someone else isn't making it for him (or at least someone he hasn't authorized) I don't see the problem with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    In an interview with The Independent, Marcel defended his brother's decision.

"My brother suffered from depression and anxiety and tried to 'cure' it with alcohol. He's from a normal family, he did not want this to happen. He did not take an easy way out," he told the paper.
    I'm fairly sure it affects exactly 0 people here, whether you disagree with it or not.

You're also not in his position, judging a situation from an outside perspective holds little meaning as opposed to his own brother's jdugement, who thought it was the right thing to do, apparently.

You're basically condemning him to a prolonged suffering as opposed him to being able to end it. What does that say about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    My other concern is that your grandchildren may want your house and fortune and decide to put you down legally.
    Ending your own life by your choice =/= being put down by your grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah because its a lot better for them to think "Guess spending time with us was worth less than not drinking to him."
    If he thinks that he's a burden to his family, that they suffer for his choices, that they can't keep coping with it...and it's entirely his choice to live or not. They can't keep him hostage like a slave... That's a form of torture.

It can be ridiculously hard to stop drinking, depending on other life circumstances, and since he's tried -21- times, and got approved for euthanasia, didn't get sued by his family, and to me it sounds like they accepted it, what's the problem? Acceptance is not neccessarily supporting, or liking his decision.

However, we have so few true freedoms, so keeping someone as a slave to life, because of selfish reasons is BS mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Oh look at me i had a bad day i want to die. Grow the fuck up and improve your life. Who said life was supposed to be rosy everyday. There are lessons to be learnt in everything. What a fucked up victim mentality
    "look at me, I don't know what empathy is, and have difficulty reading".

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Exactly, it was his weak will.

- - - Updated - - -

It is easy. Just... stop doing that. Trivial.

Again, ignorance is bliss isn't it?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Suicide is selfish at the best of times, doing it while you have kids and family that love you, over something like alcohol addiction?

Thats just plain retarded.