Thread: The 100

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Too many work boners this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode two down and wowza... little predictable but still a solid episode.

Why do I get the feeling that Octavia wont be the only Grounder Pounder by the end of the season?(they need to use that insult more) Was picking up some serious vibes between Clarke and Prince Rohan the Aragorn Wannabe... This does not bode well, seeing as Bellamy is also VERY clearly in love with her... I know this is a CW show, but we really dont need a love triangle... Although, seeing as Lexa still wants some it'd probably be a Love Square.

Also, I figured out pretty soon that he was taking her to Lexa and not his Ma the Frost Queen. I kinda expect better of this show...

Speaking of Lexa... Holy shit, she's got a nice pad . Not sure why, but I was expecting Trikru to live in a fucking shack, after seeing Tondc (it took me WAY too long to figure out why it was called that...) and the village that Finn masacred, but it turns out their capital is pretty pimp. Respect for Lexa increasing!

Speaking of respect... Can we just skip to the end and demote/depose Mama Griffin already? She just seems so mixed up about who she is, she CANNOT be doing a good job running the place. It seems every conversation she has these days ends with her getting epiccly burned by whoever she's talking to re: WHY are you both Doctor and Chancellor?

I really hope now Jasper has smashed some stuff and had a bit of a cry he'll calm the fuck down... his emo act is getting really annoying.

Finally: It seems that the nasty grounders who had the jeep locked down weren't actually grounders... They were the remnants of Farmville, including Monty's mum! YAY... Shame his dad's dead though... Anyone else getting a serious Lost vibe from these new Arc Survivors? It was around season three they were introduced as well...

Only complaint about this episode: No Raven. However there was plenty of Clarke and Octavia, so it balanced out a little.

Anyone else starting to quite like Murphy? He was a MONUMENTAL tool for the first season and a bit of a twat in the second, but he's kinda growing on me in the third. He's proving to be an excellent foil for the suddenly religeous Baltar... I mean Jaha. Who is growing increasingly Dull with his new found obsession.

This City of Light shit is pretty interesting though, it's basically an MMO/Tomorrowland, that you can access at any time from any place, but has distinct brainwashing vibes about it. I'm interested to see where they go with that.

BTW, does anyone else see serious parallels between this show and The Tribe? The campy Kiwi/Brit show from the 1990s? This is basically The Tribe: Millenials. That is not a bad thing, btw.

And if you're wondering: Yes, I will be doing this for every episode. Sue me I'm bored.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-12-02 at 03:01 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Episode two down and wowza... little predictable but still a solid episode.

Why do I get the feeling that Octavia wont be the only Grounder Pounder by the end of the season?(they need to use that insult more) Was picking up some serious vibes between Clarke and Prince Rohan the Aragorn Wannabe... This does not bode well, seeing as Bellamy is also VERY clearly in love with her... I know this is a CW show, but we really dont need a love triangle... Although, seeing as Lexa still wants some it'd probably be a Love Square.

Also, I figured out pretty soon that he was taking her to Lexa and not his Ma the Frost Queen. I kinda expect better of this show...

Speaking of Lexa... Holy shit, she's got a nice pad . Not sure why, but I was expecting Trikru to live in a fucking shack, after seeing Tondc (it took me WAY too long to figure out why it was called that...) and the village that Finn masacred, but it turns out their capital is pretty pimp. Respect for Lexa increasing!

Speaking of respect... Can we just skip to the end and demote/depose Mama Griffin already? She just seems so mixed up about who she is, she CANNOT be doing a good job running the place. It seems every conversation she has these days ends with her getting epiccly burned by whoever she's talking to re: WHY are you both Doctor and Chancellor?

I really hope now Jasper has smashed some stuff and had a bit of a cry he'll calm the fuck down... his emo act is getting really annoying.

Finally: It seems that the nasty grounders who had the jeep locked down weren't actually grounders... They were the remnants of Farmville, including Monty's mum! YAY... Shame his dad's dead though... Anyone else getting a serious Lost vibe from these new Arc Survivors? It was around season three they were introduced as well...

Only complaint about this episode: No Raven. However there was plenty of Clarke and Octavia, so it balanced out a little.

Anyone else starting to quite like Murphy? He was a MONUMENTAL tool for the first season and a bit of a twat in the second, but he's kinda growing on me in the third. He's proving to be an excellent foil for the suddenly religeous Baltar... I mean Jaha. Who is growing increasingly Dull with his new found obsession.

This City of Light shit is pretty interesting though, it's basically an MMO/Tomorrowland, that you can access at any time from any place, but has distinct brainwashing vibes about it. I'm interested to see where they go with that.

BTW, does anyone else see serious parallels between this show and The Tribe? The campy Kiwi/Brit show from the 1990s? This is basically The Tribe: Millenials. That is not a bad thing, btw.

And if you're wondering: Yes, I will be doing this for every episode. Sue me I'm bored.
    I don't trust murphey. If we've learned anything so far in the series is that he always is up to something.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Can we just skip to the end and demote/depose Mama Griffin already?
    I've been hoping for that for awhile. I liked her well enough way back in the day when she was in TMNT but she's annoying in this. Oh, SHE is fantastic, it's the character that's shit. I sure as shit wouldn't want the only real doctor spread that thin, sort of like how I HATED the idea of JACK going out on "let's go hunt down X" that always happened on LOST. Sure, yeah, fine, you need a leader... but guess what, JACK just punched a guy 12 times in the face with his surgical hand, WTFF. STOP THAT. Outside of the ins and outs of the chancellor job, she'd be the one in harms way when shit goes sideways. I don't want that on my only fucking raid healer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I don't trust murphey. If we've learned anything so far in the series is that he always is up to something.
    Oh he's a tool no doubt... But there's something quite refreshing about a character that says to your face that he will betray you at the first chance... to quote Jack Sparrow "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid"

Look at Murphy... Honestly, what is the worst he's done? in season one he gave the grounders some info and then he killed that one guy that was a real dick to him... That's about it. Now look at Clarke, honest to goodness, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, banish Murphy for his evil Clarke.

As of season 3 episode 2... Her body count is pushig over 500. Most of them innocents, women and children...

See what I mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've been hoping for that for awhile. I liked her well enough way back in the day when she was in TMNT but she's annoying in this. Oh, SHE is fantastic, it's the character that's shit. I sure as shit wouldn't want the only real doctor spread that thin, sort of like how I HATED the idea of JACK going out on "let's go hunt down X" that always happened on LOST. Sure, yeah, fine, you need a leader... but guess what, JACK just punched a guy 12 times in the face with his surgical hand, WTFF. STOP THAT. Outside of the ins and outs of the chancellor job, she'd be the one in harms way when shit goes sideways. I don't want that on my only fucking raid healer!
    omfg this always annoyed the crap out of me in Lost... You've got Sawyer, who is literally only good for punching people, you've got Kate who can kick a fair bit of ass and you've got Locke who is Ray Meare's dad. Yet who is always leading the expeditions into the dangerous places of the island?

the ONE guy who can patch everyone up, when shit goes sideways... AS IT ALWAYS DOES.

Yeah sure, he's a leader... So is Abby (kinda). Want to know what the most important skill for a leader is, in my opinion?

DELAGATION.

Picking the right person for the job, and letting them do it to the best of their ability, especially when said person is far better at it than you. If Abby ACTUALLY cared about the people of Arcadia, she would stand down, let Clarke be in charge, with advice from Kane. They're by FAR a better, more effcient pair to govern than she is. That leaves her free to focus on her best skill, healing.

This is nothing against the actress, she's awesome, but the character really annoys me.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

You've got Sawyer, who is literally only good for punching people, you've got Kate who can kick a fair bit of ass and you've got Locke who is Ray Meare's dad.
    You forgot... you know, the ELITE SOLDIER. Yet, Sayid was always the one getting punched ONE TIME and getting knocked out. WTF. I've always felt Kane was best suited to be the leader for Arcadia, with Clarke as the right hand, since she knows the people on both sides.

Theloneous is a wack job. Abby is the healer. Clarke is too young to lead adults (at least early on, it felt that way). Michael Beach (fuck is his name, Pike?) is too militant, when peace is very clearly an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot... you know, the ELITE SOLDIER. Yet, Sayid was always the one getting punched ONE TIME and getting knocked out. WTF.
    Sayid was their ace in the hole. You don't send him out for simple missions, you keep him up your sleeve and unleash him when it's really needed.

but of course, this was a US show, so the brown guy had to be weak and shit, while the plucky yanks triumphed over adversity...

I've always felt Kane was best suited to be the leader for Arcadia, with Clarke as the right hand, since she knows the people on both sides.

Theloneous is a wack job. Abby is the healer. Clarke is too young to lead adults (at least early on, it felt that way). Michael Beach (fuck is his name, Pike?) is too militant, when peace is very clearly an option.
    Kane is the best choice yes, but Clarke has this odd ability to unify people. Kane is TOO much of a politician, he lacks charisma. So you have Clarke as the "Face" of Arcadia, while Kane quietly works behind the scenes to make sure she doesn't accidentally get everyone killed.

If you're talking about the leader guy from the tail section, yeah that's Pike. Reminds me a bit of Colonel Tigh from BSG; very hard line, very 'Kill Em All' and absolutely no diplomacy, in a time where your leader NEEDS to be a Diplomat.

Sayid was their ace in the hole. You don't send him out for simple missions, you keep him up your sleeve and unleash him when it's really needed.

but of course, this was a US show, so the brown guy had to be weak and shit, while the plucky yanks triumphed over adversity..
    Most useful for torturing people. Ben was quite scared shitless of him in the beginning. Too many walkabouts for Sayid.

Kane is the best choice yes, but Clarke has this odd ability to unify people. Kane is TOO much of a politician, he lacks charisma. So you have Clarke as the "Face" of Arcadia, while Kane quietly works behind the scenes to make sure she doesn't accidentally get everyone killed.
    Also helps when the main rival's leader wants to smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most useful for torturing people. Ben was quite scared shitless of him in the beginning. Too many walkabouts for Sayid.
    Very true, Ben Linus was a great character... In my top 3 TV villains.

Also helps when the main rival's leader wants to smash.
    It really really does, and Lexa CLEARLY wants some of Clarke's creamy filling.

Let me know when you guys get done with season 3. I got shit I want to talk about.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll know . I wasn't lying, I DO plan to do episode by episode breakdowns for all of season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts on the 100 episode 303: Jesus tapdancing christ... It's only episode 3 and already about 1/4 of the cast are dead. I swear this show's body count puts GoT to shame.

To start with, I was thinking it was a pretty tame episode. Though I was glad to see that even Abby agrees that she's shit at this and Kane should be in charge, but of course he's TOO much of a diplomat to just take the job, so they go for votes instead.

Why do I get the feeling this is all going to blow up in their faces and we're going to end up with someone like Pike in charge? Just saying, but generally the combination of Sci Fi/Post Apocalyptic shows and Elections is an awful combo (See BSG or the Tribe for evidence).

Then suddenly, it's like the director got confused about what episode he was shooting and the last 20 or so minutes felt like a god down finalé, or at least a mid season episode.

As Bellamy and his posse bust into the throne room, where Skykru have just been officially welcomed as the 13th tribe, what do we find? The totally not obviously there to fuck with them and lead them all into a trap girl has vanished, and they're left standing around, dicks in hands, wondering what the fuck was going on. Saw that coming a mile away.

So the assassin we've been looking for all episode finishes his prep, pulls up his hood and heads to do his work...

Wait..

WHAT?

did that fucking sign say MOUNT WEATHER!

Yup, the summit was a distraction the whole time, the REAL target was Mount Weather, where my future wife is limping around, sharing touching moments with Lt Gaeta and Bellamy's squeeze, who is worryingly unprotected...

Yup, this assassin is that perfect blend of excellent and terrible at his job. Brutally murdering the lady in his way, but leaving her jjuusstt alive enough to warn the characters whose names we know, so that they can run from the mountain before

BBBBOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! There goes all the new people that got rescued last week. Guess I wont bother learning their names...

Sucks to be Monty. YAY! We rescued Farm Zone people, mum and dad were in there!

Awww sorry, ya dad's dead he died a hero, least you still have ya mum though...

aaannnnnddddddd She's dead too, because the grounders REALLY know how to hold a grudge.

Thankfully, Gaeta survived AND fought off the assassin, while Raven just managed to limp out in time to shoot the guy before he could skewer him...

Then we rap the whole thing up with the Ice Nation being thrown in jail for being dicks and Lexi swearing fealty to Clarke, did not see that coming... Of course she did it in private, AFTER Clarke had very publically bowed before her in front of all the other tribes, kind of a weak gesture, if you ask me.

Then guess who's back, back again, nuking grounders, tell your friends!

It's that security dick from before and he's now working for the Ice Tribe, because apparently he only hates NICE grounders, the really fucked up ones he's cool with... Who knew.

Overall a great episode, in no small part due to the distinct lack of Thelonius and the City of Light nonsense. I'm sure it'll all end up being tied together, but I just can't bring myself to care about it... Not yet at least.

You'll know . I wasn't lying, I DO plan to do episode by episode breakdowns for all of season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts on the 100 episode 303: Jesus tapdancing christ... It's only episode 3 and already about 1/4 of the cast are dead. I swear this show's body count puts GoT to shame.

To start with, I was thinking it was a pretty tame episode. Though I was glad to see that even Abby agrees that she's shit at this and Kane should be in charge, but of course he's TOO much of a diplomat to just take the job, so they go for votes instead.

Why do I get the feeling this is all going to blow up in their faces and we're going to end up with someone like Pike in charge? Just saying, but generally the combination of Sci Fi/Post Apocalyptic shows and Elections is an awful combo (See BSG or the Tribe for evidence).

Then suddenly, it's like the director got confused about what episode he was shooting and the last 20 or so minutes felt like a god down finalé, or at least a mid season episode.

As Bellamy and his posse bust into the throne room, where Skykru have just been officially welcomed as the 13th tribe, what do we find? The totally not obviously there to fuck with them and lead them all into a trap girl has vanished, and they're left standing around, dicks in hands, wondering what the fuck was going on. Saw that coming a mile away.

So the assassin we've been looking for all episode finishes his prep, pulls up his hood and heads to do his work...

Wait..

WHAT?

did that fucking sign say MOUNT WEATHER!

Yup, the summit was a distraction the whole time, the REAL target was Mount Weather, where my future wife is limping around, sharing touching moments with Lt Gaeta and Bellamy's squeeze, who is worryingly unprotected...

Yup, this assassin is that perfect blend of excellent and terrible at his job. Brutally murdering the lady in his way, but leaving her jjuusstt alive enough to warn the characters whose names we know, so that they can run from the mountain before

BBBBOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! There goes all the new people that got rescued last week. Guess I wont bother learning their names...

Sucks to be Monty. YAY! We rescued Farm Zone people, mum and dad were in there!

Awww sorry, ya dad's dead he died a hero, least you still have ya mum though...

aaannnnnddddddd She's dead too, because the grounders REALLY know how to hold a grudge.

Thankfully, Gaeta survived AND fought off the assassin, while Raven just managed to limp out in time to shoot the guy before he could skewer him...

Then we rap the whole thing up with the Ice Nation being thrown in jail for being dicks and Lexi swearing fealty to Clarke, did not see that coming... Of course she did it in private, AFTER Clarke had very publically bowed before her in front of all the other tribes, kind of a weak gesture, if you ask me.

Then guess who's back, back again, nuking grounders, tell your friends!

It's that security dick from before and he's now working for the Ice Tribe, because apparently he only hates NICE grounders, the really fucked up ones he's cool with... Who knew.

Overall a great episode, in no small part due to the distinct lack of Thelonius and the City of Light nonsense. I'm sure it'll all end up being tied together, but I just can't bring myself to care about it... Not yet at least.
    Yeah but at least raven got out lol. Anyways yeah This episode did a good job including a bunch of new story lines that are coming up in the season.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but at least raven got out lol. Anyways yeah This episode did a good job including a bunch of new story lines that are coming up in the season.
    Not going to lie, even though I KNOW she survived, I was on the edge of my seat. Survival does not mean unhurt, she could be burned over 90% of her body, but still be alive...

Also, the Ice Queen looks fucking hardcore, can't wait to see her unleash the pain on someone... As long as it's not someone I like.

Not going to lie, even though I KNOW she survived, I was on the edge of my seat. Survival does not mean unhurt, she could be burned over 90% of her body, but still be alive...

Also, the Ice Queen looks fucking hardcore, can't wait to see her unleash the pain on someone... As long as it's not someone I like.
    You're in for one hell of a surprise.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in for one hell of a surprise.
    Not a word .

I've already had two major spoilers, (which tbh, I think might be link to the point you're hinting at). Don't want any more!

Anybody know what kind of truck they're using for the rover? Looks like a wrangler front end but so far I haven't found a confirmation of it.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    One question I had...

where the fuck did they get the cars from? Did they steal them from Mount Weather or something, because there were none in the dropship and I don't remember seeing them on the Arc...

One question I had...

where the fuck did they get the cars from? Did they steal them from Mount Weather or something, because there were none in the dropship and I don't remember seeing them on the Arc...
    So I've read a couple theories on that is that they found them at mount weather. Other theories are that Raven built them with spare parts.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've read a couple theories on that is that they found them at mount weather. Other theories are that Raven built them with spare parts.
    I'm fine with either of those theories. Maybe it's BOTH, Mount Weather had crappy lil cars, Raven pimped them out with the bars and guns and shit.

Season one was cool, then the grown ups showed back up, and we were expected to believe a bunch of teenagers were still the best qualified to handle shit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.