Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wrong. You're literally the problem.
    It takes quite a twisted mind to call anyone but the bullies a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Not giving them attention doesn't make them go away.

If they don't get attention, they just escalate.
    If they escalate to threatening you then you get the police involved. Simple really.

Outside of truely gifted psycho trollers. Most people are not that smart to hide behide proxy servers and trolling in a way that is hurtful but not illegal. Thats why you try not piss off people you never know who you may be messing with. People are crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    If they escalate to threatening you then you get the police involved. Simple really.
    But when the bullies are using "untraceable" apps to keep harassing you...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's now a strawman... you literally decided to say "fuck mental health and years of psychology! Georgia man knows best!"
    Your post did nothing to address my claim that she chose to kill herself which is the very definition of a strawman. You built a strawman, and continue to use it, by saying I have no idea what depression does to an individual. Guess what, I do. I suffer from suicidal thoughts almost daily. I have wanted to kill myself since I was 13 because of the abuse I suffered from a stepfather that fucking hit me and told me the dog was worth more than I was. But do you know what I don't do? Kill myself. That is my choice.

So Jersey boy, how about you stop shit posting, stop assuming what I don't know, and add to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Walk away from the keyboard, cyber-bully is no longer harassing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It really is just pragmatism. Bullies and douchebags always exist. Even more exist when they can be anonymous. The only way to protect yourself from that is to find a way to make them not want to bully you anymore or find a way for it not to affect you.

It sucks that nothing else can be done, but that's just the name of the game.

Of course the bullies are the primary problem, nobody is denying that. But they're also not known for being rational much so good luck convincing them with an argument.

Then you're pretty SOL. It's widely known life sucks sometimes and for some people, and in that case, you're one of them.
    It's unfair and all, but not really preventable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Walk away from the keyboard, cyber-bully is no longer harassing you.
    Yeah and now you can't enjoy something you like because some asshats won't leave you alone. Think they'll forget and move on? *bing* "user is online" *commence harassment*

Walking away works for stupid ass shit like getting mad at forum posts but not when someone/people are purposely targeting you and won't let up.

Get a new number and only give it to people you trust. And tell them you have had trouble with trolls and not to give out your number freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It takes quite a simple mind to think that you can stop something as widespread as bullying. Sure, it's a noble cause to try, but it's not going to work. Help the victims instead.

As much as one can just turn away from online bullying, I do believe people should be held accountable if their actions in any way influenced a person to commit suicide, not sure what the charge would be, manslaughter probably.

Of course the evidence would have to be rock solid for someone to be charged but if it is evident without a shadow of doubt that a person influenced someone in a way that caused them to commit suicide then they should face some sort of punishment.

Letting people get away with being massive fuckheads isn't doing anyone any favors as it will just set the precedent that tormenting someone endlessly is not gonna get you in any trouble.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-12-02 at 10:54 PM.

Yeah and now you can't enjoy something you like because some asshats won't leave you alone. Think they'll forget and move on? *bing* "user is online" *commence harassment*

Walking away works for stupid ass shit like getting mad at forum posts but not when someone/people are purposely targeting you and won't let up.
    What do you propose can be done to amend such a situation? You've already admitted there are ways for the bullys to remain anonymous throughout. So how do you want to fix this? Because 'part from some very sweeping and invasive changes that would go over even less favorably for society at large, I can't see a clear solution to this at all.

I think it's just one of these modern "Not your fault, but your life is gonna suck" scenarios that all too many people have to endure for various reasons.

You enjoy chatting with cyber-bullies? How the hell could the cyber-bully see you are online if he isnt on your friend list? If its a forum you can put other users on block/ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Well the cowards tend work in groups so that's not always easy.
    I never said it was easy, but they feed off of the attention, and that's the entire reason bullying exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    As much as one can just turn away from online bullying, I do believe people should be held accountable if their actions in anyway influenced a person to commit suicide, not sure what the charge would be, manslaughter probably.
    You can be charged in court already. If you tell someone to kill themselves, and they do it. Thats assisted suicide.

What a waste, this is what happens when social media and cellphones run unchecked and parents don't want to be parents. I am sure if those trashy girls had their way they'd just walk up and shoot her. Which it seems like I'm sure they will be doing in maybe 5-10 years from now, like it's the damn wild west all over again.

Also why wasn't the gun in a gun safe?

Girls need to just stop this B.S. just go out throw some puss at a dude and have him jump the bitches. I'm 110% sure that would work.

What is the point of girls bullying other girls? I get why guys do, they pick on a little guy because the bullies have shitty lives and try and take it out on someone else, and just like me I already had a bad life in and out of home so when I nearly turned a bullies' face into ground beef, everyone learned not to fuck with this little guy. I also was trying my best to kill him before the coach pulled me off. Oh well!

Girl bullying just doesn't make sense, I guess they just move on after killing another girl to become a democrat SJW ghetto-queen voter.
    And run around as a new type of bully and scream at white newborn babies, RACIST! CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGES! BLM! AHHHHH!
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2016-12-02 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    What do you propose can be done to amend such a situation? You've already admitted there are ways for the bullys to remain anonymous throughout. So how do you want to fix this? Because 'part from some very sweeping and invasive changes that would go over even less favorably for society at large, I can't see a clear solution to this at all.

I think it's just one of these modern "Not your fault, but your life is gonna suck" scenarios that all too many people have to endure for various reasons.
    Well I don't know as I'm not someone who knows much about web security and all that stuff. I imagine more can be done to crack down on these types of apps or ways to track people using them for nefarious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    You can be charged in court already. If you tell someone to kill themselves, and they do it. Thats assisted suicide.
    Shouldn't people have the right to commit suicide?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    You enjoy chatting with cyber-bullies? How the hell could the cyber-bully see you are online if he isnt on your friend list? If its a forum you can put other users on block/ignore list.
    Yeah now you're being purposely obtuse. You know what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    This went beyond people saying things about her. Seriously man, tighten the fuck up.
    Seriously man walk away from the screen and the article said it was from an app....................

Parents really need to start teaching kids about social media

I mean if someone is giving you shit you need to tell them to fucking block them and only have friends comment.