Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Time to invest in BRK.B, I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why should they?
    Optimal pathing. Civilizational infrastructure trumps the environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, goes to show that protest really does work. Right wing hates all protest unless it's by God Loving™, Gun Owning™ 'mericans walking into starbucks and wal-mart with ARs strapped across their back.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    So you want to die from toxic water and air? Good, move to China or India.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you're poisoned by crude oil in your drinking water, that is.

Pipelines are by far the safest way to transport natural resources. But I guess you're happy with the oil staying in the ground. We'll go back to killing whales I guess.

My biggest issue with the pipeline is still the use of eminent domain, something that's not really being addressed by most people. The army and law enforcement blinked first, and it will come back to haunt them in the long run. They are saying they will re-route the pipeline, but have not properly stated why there is a justification to change the route. Either the choice is completely arbitrary, and they are weak, or they knew it was unsafe from the beginning, and were trying to push it through, anyways. The government put themselves into a very bad position over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Pipelines are by far the safest way to transport natural resources. But I guess you're happy with the oil staying in the ground. We'll go back to killing whales I guess.
    Cool, we can build them next to your house.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So you want to die from toxic water and air? Good, move to China or India.
    Nah, the pipes will be built to control the oil so it wont get into the water system. Trace air particles have not stopped life expectancy from increasing overall.

Cool, we can build them next to your house.
    Okay. I'll likely get some money from lease rights on my land, so win-win. I get cheaper oil and I get some cash on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the pipes will be built to control the oil so it wont get into the water system. Trace air particles have not stopped life expectancy from increasing overall.
    How many pipeline accidents have we had in the last ten years, I wonder.

Incorrect. There are numerous examples of infrastructure being rerouted around areas deemed worthy of environmental protection. The interstate highway system is a perfect example of this.

Government for people?Drain the swamp?

7+ Year Old Account
    How many pipeline accidents have we had in the last ten years, I wonder.
    Not enough to stop building infrastructure because there might be an accident.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point in the delay. There is already a pipe in the same spot. The new pipe was going to paralel the one built in the 1980s. If they are not allowed to build the pipe to go under the river as planned they will just build a bridge for trucks or trains. Silly people cutting their own throat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Incorrect. There are numerous examples of infrastructure being rerouted around areas deemed worthy of environmental protection. The interstate highway system is a perfect example of this.
    Yeah there have been sub-optimal solutions in the past, we can do better.

Not enough to stop building infrastructure because there might be an accident.
    Go educate yourself. It is not a matter of "might" when it routinely happens.

Since 2010, over 3,300 incidents of crude oil and liquefied natural gas leaks or ruptures have occurred on U.S. pipelines. These incidents have killed 80 people, injured 389 more, and cost $2.8 billion in damages. They also released toxic, polluting chemicals in local soil, waterways, and air.

Over 1,000 of these incidents occurred on pipelines carrying crude oil.

http://www.foreffectivegov.org/blog/...ipeline-spills

about time, now to just persecute the cops as war criminals for using chemical weapons.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    On CNN's website, I read that a group of veterans was arriving to support the protesters. Maybe that had something to do with it? Dragging off and handcuffing veterans engaged in protest would look really bad in the news.

Kind of a conflict for right wingers lol.

"Drill, baby, drill" vs "Support Our Troops"
    @TITAN308
    @10thMountainMan

Any comments?
    The republican party has already proven it has the interests of big oil over that of the military.

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...te-plan-000149
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Go educate yourself. It is not a matter of "might" when it routinely happens.

Since 2010, over 3,300 incidents of crude oil and liquefied natural gas leaks or ruptures have occurred on U.S. pipelines. These incidents have killed 80 people, injured 389 more, and cost $2.8 billion in damages. They also released toxic, polluting chemicals in local soil, waterways, and air.

Over 1,000 of these incidents occurred on pipelines carrying crude oil.

http://www.foreffectivegov.org/blog/...ipeline-spills

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6N5lk6h.png[img]
    I understand, the engineering will have to keep improving until there is zero leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    about time, now to just persecute the cops as war criminals for using chemical weapons.
    Not all chemical weapons are illegal.