Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    gotta love when a nerd(greathoudini) calls everyone else a nerd because he thinks hes less of a nerd than the nerds hes calling nerds.. nerd. hes the type to say "wow you losers playing wow on a friday night." ingame when hes doing the same thing.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    It might seem big when you only look at the numbers, but percentage-wise 200 to 277 is a 38.5% difference, while 825 to 890 is a 7.8% difference.
    That is not how it works =)))) bahahahhaa

To quote some guy from Blizz forums:
    could have been a good expansion

but the class team is run by !@#$ing idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    You are a whole new level of stupid.
    Why? Because I don't spend time out of my day to frequently post hate at others for disagreeing with me? Because I don't get pissed about doing ever so slightly less damage in a videogame? Get real with yourself, you're all getting angry at trivial garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    gotta love when a nerd(greathoudini) calls everyone else a nerd because he thinks hes less of a nerd than the nerds hes calling nerds.. nerd. hes the type to say "wow you losers playing wow on a friday night." ingame when hes doing the same thing.
    Nice indirect comment about me. I'm no less of a nerd than anyone here. I can admit things. Unlike those that come here to rage about trivial things, refusing to see how petty they're acting over said trivial things.
    "But why call someone a nerd when you're a nerd? It's hypocritical of you!"
    You're goddamn right it is. And it pisses you nerds off even more than saying "who cares" could.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Yes it is for real. Have you played Legion? It needs to happen more than anything else.
    This man has a point even as simple as it is.

I mean secondary stats have gotten to what is refereed to as "end of expansion" levels within the first tier of raiding. I mean honestly we haven't even gotten to the beef of the first tier yet, and we are at END OF EXPANSION levels of secondary stats. Like people having 50%+ of a secondary stat if not more. Why this matters is one, you will still need to go up, and that means to utterly insane levels. Then two, at the end of an expansion it matters a whole lot less if classes are overly powerful broken because most the content is cleared and everyone is just sitting around grinding already used content or unsubbed waiting for the next release. So it matter a whole lot less. At least it impacts the game a whole lot less.

From what I understand the plan is to increase the value of primary stats while at the same time reducing the value of secondary stats. If the ratio is done right player power would be effected a lot less then people are expecting. Granted it won't be 100% perfect in the first sweep and yes certain classes are impacted a bit more than others but that is just how it goes. I would suspect it will take several passes on the PTR to get close and then an on going process for a bit even on live servers to get it within a reasonable calibration.

Yes, Blizzard kind of goofed on not seeing this and letting it happen. Specifically after a very long and tested beta process that saw pretty much the same thing happen. But if anyone was expecting perfection than they were the ones setting themselves up for disappointment. The good news is they are fixing the situation instead of just letting it ride. This in the long run will be a good thing for Legion even if it stings a little bit now while we are still mid-1st tier of content.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkskog View Post
    That is not how it works =)))) bahahahhaa
    Yes, others corrected me.

Deleted
    Classes relying far too much on secondaries (fire mage, arms warrior. S2m priests) is a massive flaw in class design on blizzards behalf. They require stupid levels of said secondary or theyre useless and then with too much of said secondary theyre beyond OP. (current s2m)

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I mean secondary stats have gotten to what is refereed to as "end of expansion" levels within the first tier of raiding. I mean honestly we haven't even gotten to the beef of the first tier yet, and we are at END OF EXPANSION levels of secondary stats. Like people having 50%+ of a secondary stat if not more. Why this matters is one, you will still need to go up, and that means to utterly insane levels. Then two, at the end of an expansion it matters a whole lot less if classes are overly powerful broken because most the content is cleared and everyone is just sitting around grinding already used content or unsubbed waiting for the next release. So it matter a whole lot less. At least it impacts the game a whole lot less.
    This was intentional. Secondaries scale at a much slower rate, so a massive nerf now is going to remain a massive nerf for the remainder of the expansion. We're already about 80% of the secondaries we'll see at 950+ ilvl.

I guess people don't pay attention to what happens in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    I know damn well enough that I don't freak out and act like the world's ending when I see a very small change I don't like. Unlike Murderdoll here, or most of you idiots crying here.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Yes it is for real. Have you played Legion? It needs to happen more than anything else.
    What exactly is it like to know nothing about this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    ...we are waiting for your answer bro..

[QUOTE=Plastkin;43608650]This was intentional. Secondaries scale at a much slower rate, so a massive nerf now is going to remain a massive nerf for the remainder of the expansion. We're already about 80% of the secondaries we'll see at 950+ ilvl.
    /QUOTE]

A fellow rogue said he's got 140% mastery atm, not even full mythic gear.
    Feels like it is too much of secondary stats now.

I already have like five different sets of dps gear depending on if I get an upgrade, just to balance out my haste and crit. This could make things interesting.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And they would adjust spells/abilities to compensate for stat changes. Settle down with the aggro over PTR testing.
    They have TOTALLY shown that they can respond and balance things properly recently. TOTALLY. They are all over fixing issues that classes have with dps and mechanics, and reshuffling and balancing/implementing new talents. Why would ANNNNNYONE worry about stats!!?!/

The tears are so delicious, they are pointless but they are still delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The tears are so delicious, they are pointless but they are still delicious.
    I love it when people publicly admit that they don't play the game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    They want iLevel to be the most important "stat"
    i think that makes a lot of sense as a design principle, but it probably waters everything down even more makign the game less thought provoking
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The intention was doing nothing but casting fireballs, being 20% below the next worst spec in the game, and having the lowest scaling of any class in the game?

I doubt it. The spec was originally getting way, way, way, way above the current crit levels on beta. Even after nerfs, it was still far above what it is now. What we have now is the severely nerfed version of the spec. Throughout beta it was extremely high crit chance, and the whole time this design iteration of the spec has been in the game it has been critting above 55%, and has always had at least a 1.1 multiplier on our main ST abilities.

This will be the first time the spec has, for the duration of this expansion since the inception of the spec in alpha, had such low crit levels. The class is entirely based on critting, the mechanics require it. Imagine a rogue not getting combo points unless they crit -- that's fire mage. The problem comes down to Fire Blast charges. With too little crit, you overcap them because you can't use them reliably. With too much crit you overcap them because you don't need them (at this point you use them as free DPS during instants). Because FB is a thing, around 55-60% you are very consistently throwing pyros and consuming FBs at a good rate. The spec is just broken as is on PTR.
    At this point i just want some logs from PTR to show people how much time kindling fire mage spends casting fireball on PTR. I hope this'll give people a clue on how "OP broken spec is fine with a little nerf that everyone also got" works now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I love it when people publicly admit that they don't play the game at all.
    I do play lmao, people make too big of a deal out of literally anything and everything, I love it!

This was intentional. Secondaries scale at a much slower rate, so a massive nerf now is going to remain a massive nerf for the remainder of the expansion. We're already about 80% of the secondaries we'll see at 950+ ilvl.

I guess people don't pay attention to what happens in beta.

Awful troll is awful.

It's not as bad of a nerf for WW since we already scale horribly. LOL. I know everyone gets hit by this, but classes that scale best will be hit hardest.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    LMAO. All said as you sit snugly in your computer chair, thinking you "totally owned that guy!" for saying something you disagree with. God damned loser. Again, you're trying to argue with someone over the internet. Just how petty do you have to be? And AGAIN, your character is going to have very, very little difference. Especially since EVERYONE is getting the nerf. Quit acting like it's the end of the world, you damn basement nerd lol. Chill out, go outside. Take a break. It takes a real autistic to care about something so, so minuscule THIS much and be very, very mad at someone for saying "who cares?".
    I actually went to work today. Then to the gym. Did some shopping. So thank you, but Ive been outside a bit.

Again, you have totally failed to comprehend the issue we all have with the change. My overall DPS number comparative to everyone else is meaningless. I do not care about it, so the fact EVERYONE is getting the nerf has absolutely zero bearing on my issue with the change.

My issue with the change. For the umpteenth time, but at this rate we know you are either a) feigning ignorance in order to troll or b) are actually stupid. Is that the changes, affect the way the classes feel and how they work. IE, they are nerfing fun. If you take away X% Haste and Mastery from lets say an Enhance Shaman, you take away what makes them play in a fast paced environment.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-12-05 at 12:21 PM.