Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Curious, how long does it commonly take for one to decide that they are actually to follow through with an abortion?
    It's less a function of decision and more a function of waiting times and junk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you want to create a strawman , sure.

But most people just stuff some clothes with straw, it's much easier and cheaper.
    Just using your logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    What they should be doing instead of this is passing a law to have more sex education taught especially about contraception and other forms of birth control.
    See, but that would make sense.

Let's all ignore Colorado, which started a massive drive to provide free long-term contraception to women regardless of income level, and saw something like a 42% drop in abortions.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just using your logic.
    Not in the slightest, because you're completely ignoring context.

And, you know, reality.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    See, but that would make sense.

Let's all ignore Colorado, which started a massive drive to provide free long-term contraception to women regardless of income level, and saw something like a 42% drop in abortions.
    Or that most states/counties that teach abstinence only education have higher rates of teen pregnancy (out of wedlock, to boot!) than places that actually teach students about safe sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just using your logic.
    you arent even using logic, just hyperbole. Hyperbole isnt logic in any respect

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so now if I put my child in my body I can kill it? Even after it is born. Even if she is say 18 years old? After all, she is a part of me. I do "own" her right?
    Please do it. Put an 18 year old inside your body. All of it, the entirety of the 18 year old. All at the same time. Once the 18 year old is full emmersed in your body, you are welcome to kill it if you like.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What's particularly ridiculous about Ohio's heartbeat bill is how Ohio defines the end of personhood (death).

Like most States, Ohio defines death as the point at which brain activity ceases. You can be declared legally dead despite having a working heart and lungs. Yet somehow beyond reason this bill seeks to define life as the point at which a heartbeat can be detected, which is months before there is any brain activity in a fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    What's particularly ridiculous about Ohio's heartbeat bill is how Ohio defines the end of personhood (death).

Like most States, Ohio defines death as the point at which brain activity ceases. You can be declared legally dead despite having a working heart and lungs. Yet somehow beyond reason this bill seeks to define life as the point at which a heartbeat can be detected, which is months before there is any brain activity in a fetus.
    Thanks for this bit of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is off-topic but wtf just happened to the forum background?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I don't believe any federal funding used by Planned Parenthood is used for abortions anyways, for example. Last I remember reading, it was specifically not allowed to be used for that, only for other health care and preventative care/education purposes.

And I hope you're against the death penalty as well, just to be consistent.
    Did the baby murder or rape somebody? Not sure how executing a murderer and killing an innocent child can be thought of as the same thing.

When the "all life is sacred!" argument is used, absolutely not.

Conservatives have repositioned their refrain to focus on "innocent" life when they realized the error of their past rallying cry, but even then it still applies. There are regular instances of people on death row having their convictions overturned on appeal, releasing innocent men and women who were wrongly convicted of crimes.
    I will go further in that conservatives do not care once the child is born.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's less a function of decision and more a function of waiting times and junk like that.
    Seems like a big decision, though. Does it usually come in a less than two week span?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Seems like a big decision, though. Does it usually come in a less than two week span?
    Depends on a lot of factors. How firm the mother is on not getting pregnant, wether the father sticks around or poofs, wether there is any medical deformaties, ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Not my problem, I'd rather not have my tax money spent on destroying life.

Unless rape or incest.
    Of course, having a hell of a lot more of your tax money spent supporting those same children is perfectly fine. You are brilliant! Oh, wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How about a medical reason? How about a drug addict who may have a sick child which may die after birth? How about a homeless person who can't support the child? How about a woman who is too young to properly care for and provide for the child?

There are so many reasons people choose to abort. I will happily pay taxes for that. Just as I pay taxes for students to get an education. Many will piss away their opportunity in school, but I still pay all the same, and I do so with pleasure.
    Or just give the baby up for adoption and lowering the cost to adopt an American child to help get them into homes that want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Did the baby murder or rape somebody?
    It's not a baby or a child we're talking about here, nice try though
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the baby murder or rape somebody? Not sure how executing a murderer and killing an innocent child can be thought of as the same thing.
    It would need to be a child first before this statement applies.

Fetus=/=Child
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Did the baby murder or rape somebody?
    A zygote/fetus is not a baby, FYI. And considering how often people are wrongly convicted of crimes and sentenced to death, you can't reasonably guarantee their guilt either.

Not sure how executing a murderer and killing an innocent child can be thought of as the same thing.
    Something something "all life is sacred".

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I will go further in that conservatives do not care once the child is born.
    Pretty much. Once the baby it out of the womb they need to pull themselves up by their little baby bootstraps, because the government isn't going to provide any support for those moochers! They just cry and whine and don't contribute anything to the economy!

Or just give the baby up for adoption and lowering the cost to adopt an American child to help get them into homes that want them.
    Because children are just flying out of adoption homes and into good families already, right?

Who is going to pay for those children who are being housed by the state while they wait to get adopted, by the way?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just using your logic.
    Logic is far and away the last thing you are using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, force that young girls to carry the products of rape and incest to term, she can just breeze through her pregnancy and give the kid up at the end. It's so simple, why didn't Trump think of it?