Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Did anyone catch an alternate ending?

Not that it wasn't quite a treat to watch Noctis copy the ending of Digimon Frontier and throwing Musou Tensei from Fist of the North Star as his ultimate move because Jesus murdered the Backstreet Boys, but it would be good to know if multiple endings were a thing in XV.

Also, we also need a DLC that adds Aranea as a fulltime partymember.

How do you fight an island? Scratch the legs and occassionally warp to his face?
    Just killed it, smacked its pinky toe until it fell over. I used Main Gauche as my main weapon but any strong dagger works because of its speed and Armiger build up, use Armiger everytime it's full.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2016-12-08 at 12:41 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    SNIP
    Lots of hunts (and content) unlocks in chapter 15.

Good, right now i'm in castlemark and god this is a heal item hole. The grenades and muti red giant fights are a bitch.

Deleted
    If this game ever gets to PC, it desperately needs a mod that makes the bombs yell "allach ackbar!" before detonating.

The worst part is the final puzzle room thats frankly obscenely cheap. 20 flans, a bunch of upgraded imps, 3 red giants, one of which spams black hole at all times and a naga that frogs and petrifies constantly. Fuck.

The worst part is the final puzzle room thats frankly obscenely cheap. 20 flans, a bunch of upgraded imps, 3 red giants, one of which spams black hole at all times and a naga that frogs and petrifies constantly. Fuck.
    I find the action style combat actually does make the game fairly easy. The only time it's truly difficult is when there's just so many enemies you're buried or they have cheap one shot mechanics. But most of this is 100% negated purely by gil as you can simply out-item any encounter with enough time and effort. If you have phoenix downs and enough curatives, you can solo near anything if you can't seem to get the party up.

I'm hoping FFVII remake is a step back and sits somewhere between XV and classic ATB. Primarily I'd like to see wait mode triggered with a button (similar to Dragon Age) and magic/summons work more like items in XV. Melee can work similar to XV, but I'd like a step towards Dragon Age: Origins to allow a little more tactic and strategy and actual use of healing/magic/summons being more frequent rather than once or twice a fight due to cool downs.

But VII was built around materia for magic and summons where XV is built more around the warp strike combat, so we'll see how that works out.

Overall, I like XV. It's a really good game, but it doesn't quite climb over the hill to greatness for me.

Its not just levelling though, walking around increases a buff for Gladiolus where he picks up things like hi elixirs and mega potions after every fight. For free. No gil needed, you just need to walk instead of drive to unlock it.
    You can also buff how much stuff he picks up in the ascension map, it really makes a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    snip
    They really should just turn everything to FFXV graphic but still have the old battle system.
    But they can sure as fuck fix the materia system, that shit aint funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You can also buff how much stuff he picks up in the ascension map, it really makes a huge difference.
    What else do you need that gil for? Hookers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    What else do you need that gil for? Hookers?
    Considering a lot of people have complained late game about not having the money to buy items, getting them for free just by playing helps, not to mention not having to stop at the store to buy them. It's not a requirement but it definitely helps and since AP is really easy to get it doesn't hurt at all.

Well i think i'm about to fight the final boss of the main story and man is the 'world of ruin' a tease, i really hope the season pass content gives us stuff to do there.

Though thinking about it wasn't the entire setting of Versus XIII a city on pulse where it was always nighttime?

Also did he have luna and his dads corpses strung up like puppets at the end? man
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-12-08 at 03:44 PM.

Considering a lot of people have complained late game about not having the money to buy items, getting them for free just by playing helps, not to mention not having to stop at the store to buy them. It's not a requirement but it definitely helps and since AP is really easy to get it doesn't hurt at all.
    Which I don't get even if there isn't a lot of hunts in the later chapters. I just got there myself and I had 200K Gil with 100K after buying everything I need. There really isn't much use for money in this game and it easily builds up.

Well i think i'm about to fight the final boss of the main story and man is the 'world of ruin' a tease, i really hope the season pass content gives us stuff to do there.
    I really want a sequel to this game . People can hate on 13-2 all they want but they did a good job of fixing some of the flaws from the original battle system and layout of the world. If they can do something similar to this then I'd be so down cause I love the world the game is set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Which I don't get even if there isn't a lot of hunts in the later chapters. I just got there myself and I had 200K Gil with 100K after buying everything I need. There really isn't much use for money in this game and it easily builds up.
    From what I've seen it's mostly people who haven't spent much time doing hunts/side quests. I've been doing a ton of everything because I really just love being in game and doing things so I'm swimming in items and money. Which I don't mind, it's kind of nice not to worry about if I can get the things I need but it would be nice if there was more of a use of things.

Well i beat the most disappointing final boss since Fable 2 but on the whole it was a fun story, just not nearly enough of it. Not the best Final Fantasy but not the worst either. I would not be surprised to see a FFXV-2 to make more money back on the long development and honestly? it really could use it. This was a Final Fantasy where the world felt like it had depth, we just didn't see most of it. The story about the Empire and the mountain town quarantine, the ancient events with the blight, most of the maps left unexplored. It didn't feel like generic terms added for filler like "pulse" and "cocoon" and i wanted to know and see a lot more about the world. That and characters like Luna who were barely there.
    On the whole im almost 100 hours played and still have the post game dungeons to the lvl99 content, the hunts to rank 10 and the treasure maps left to go so it wasn't exactly short and there is a seasons pass worth of content so i'm satisfied it wasn't another FFXIII but damn does it leave you wanting more. Which isn't the worst complaint to have with a game i suppose. It just feels like it wasn't finished and there is whole sections of character development and story that didn't make it. But they had to get something out after 10 years and i enjoyed it so far.

Deleted
    Well i beat the most disappointing final boss since Fable 2
    Not worse than Deus Ex Mankind where you just turn off the final boss with a killswitch you got on the way.

Oye, just discovered this and really would like to be super irresponsible and buy it now ><

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ray-music-disc

Its not just levelling though, walking around increases a buff for Gladiolus where he picks up things like hi elixirs and mega potions after every fight. For free. No gil needed, you just need to walk instead of drive to unlock it.
    I'm in chapter 14 with Noctis at 40, rest are 36, I have 1565gils and less than 15 in every items except Hi-Potion where I have like 25 because I bought more of them than other items.

I'm pretty sure biggest impact ingame is where you put points in the grid.

Oye, just discovered this and really would like to be super irresponsible and buy it now ><

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ray-music-disc
    Why did you have to share this where I would see it? I've been building up a collection of all the soundtracks and now I'm here looking at this limited edition first run.....

I've been hearing bits of the soundtrack while my roommate plays and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Heard a few good themes but I can't say I'm in love with the general battle music or anything specific.

I remember thinking it strange since I enjoyed the hell out of the XIII/XIII-2 soundtracks so looked up the composer and it looks like she's never worked on a proper Final Fantasy game (at least a numbered one). A ton of Squeenix titles, mainly KH games, but never FF. And it just kinda "feels" like it too, from what I've heard. It's not bad, but just...different.

Sad there's no fantastic bit of the battle track like the violin bit in XIII/XIII-2 battle music, that was so gooooooooood.

Theres actually a few battle themes and they change as you progress, the later ones are much better.

-unrelated but in post game i got sent to fight a Zu in the desert and on the way another fortress plane landed spawning two mecha bosses, got parts i took to Cindy and got the batmobile regalia that flies, very cool but i wonder if theres stuff you can only reach this way?

Theres actually a few battle themes and they change as you progress, the later ones are much better.
    Battle theme in chapter 10 was so good, first time I attacked a sahuagin group I was like "wtf,I want this in all my fights".