Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW Forums Post I Made

I made this post on the official WoW forums and was wondering how you guys felt about it. If you want to leave feedback in the thread too its at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752435213#1

I just came back to WoW from both a financial break and timeframe break while playing Elder Scrolls Online (aka ESO) and have to say that WoW could learn A LOT from ESO in what it has to offer to its players. Because of my time there (and other MMO-RPGs I have played while not actively subscribed to WoW over the years), I have some suggestions for you guys at Blizzard for WoW.

Make gathering baseline - Many other...hell most other games have gathering baseline and the production crafting is what you pick up for a profession. This would make this game so much better because it would allow people who want to do nothing but gather in their time off something to do without straining their profession choices.

Player Housing & added profession carpentry - Your fan base has been begging you for player housing for years now. You gave us garrisons instead. Yes they were somewhere customizable but didn't give us that feeling like they were truly ours. Let us change the wall colors and floor colors and move objects around in there. Adding the carpentry profession (would use wood as a new gathering material along with ore, cloth, and leather too) would allow us to add chairs, tables, couches, beds, paintings, etc etc in our player housing to show off. And don't limit it to just the individual player being able to go in there. Most other games allow anyone to enter your home (given you have permissions set up for others to enter) at any time. Games like EverQuest2 even allow you to even put in forges and other things for crafting in your room. This would also be perfect way for you guys to add into achievements more fun stuff & allow us to show off some of our toys permanently.

Give us an account bank - The reagent bank was nice. Void storage was a joke. Give us something that is more useful and give us an account bank. This is an easy way to move multiple items across characters (and servers & factions) at one time instead of having to go out of our way to mail stuff. You can restrict what items can go in account banks like you do with guild bank restrictions. One suggestion though is allow us to put gold in the account bank. Players are tired of having some gold on one server that they don't play on anymore or some incredible item on that server that they'd love to have on their main but can't get it to them because of server and/or faction restrictions. Other games...hell I'll go as far as to say that MOST games have an account bank but for some reason WoW is behind the times. Step into the present and give this to us.

Guarantee loot off of every boss killed & make all gear BOA - This sounds crazy and radical but bare with me while I explain this logic and suggestion. The one thing that I love about ESO is that every single boss you kill drops a piece of loot no matter what for each player. The piece of gear is scaled appropriate for your level (much like how you guys are doing Legion gear & how it scales in level based on your level for BOE and BOP/quest rewards). This doesn't mean that every cloth wearing person is going to get a piece of cloth armor when they kill a boss. It just means that they will get 1 piece of loot per boss killed. That loot could be leather or mail or plate or completely wrong for your class (ie strength or agility trinkets). Now I may have lost some support here but bare with me some more. I also said to make all gear BOA. That means that the plate chest piece that restro druid just picked up from killing the boss Sam The Wise could be either mailed to an alt or (other suggestion) put in the account bank and picked up by another toon later. This would make gearing up alts 100x less painful too. There's nothing worse than that feeling that you just hit max level halfway through an expansion on an alt and now you have to go through and scrounge up gear from normals, then heroics, then low tier LFR, then higher tier LFR, before you can be viable in a raid setting for current content. Some people know their class and don't have to "learn" it all over again at 110 but it feels that way some times when you have to gear up an alt. This game is NOT alt friendly and this would help alleviate this problem.

I hope this doesn't find a blind eye and deaf ear in the suggestion pool. These are things that would make the quality of life much better and the game play much better too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Make gathering baseline
    They've talked about this before recently, and I agree it would be good.

Player Housing & added profession carpentry
    I don't understand why people want this. They had it in SWG (grindyest game ever), and it was like Sims built-in. Too much time spent in your own house means no social interaction. That's the opposite of what Blizz wants. A guild hall might work, but would probably only show trophies the guild has (i.e. lengendaries, bosses killed, etc).

Give us an account bank
    One of the best parts of D3 that should be brought over. It's super annoying to keep transferring gold when I make an alt. Especially now that they increased gold cap, there's no reason I can't at least have all my gold on the server be in a shared bank.

Guarantee loot off of every boss killed & make all gear BOA
    Not going to happen. I agree RNG sucks, and a different system should be made. But it won't be this. If top 10 guilds all got guaranteed loot, they'd burn through content 10x faster, which would be boring. They already gear up multiple alts per person the RNG way, if they had BoA gear it'd be a joke.

Deleted
    Isn't ESO megaserver ? so bankaccount in wow would mean a lot different things than in something with one server.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Wolf View Post
    Not going to happen. I agree RNG sucks, and a different system should be made. But it won't be this. If top 10 guilds all got guaranteed loot, they'd burn through content 10x faster, which would be boring. They already gear up multiple alts per person the RNG way, if they had BoA gear it'd be a joke.
    people who play 24/7 obviously dont do it because they enjoy it, so who cares whether its boring or fun for them?

Deleted
    WoW could learn A LOT from ESO in what it has to offer to its players.
    WoW already ripped off other games quite a bit, with particular GW2 aping trend in WoD. Bliztards certainly can see what good game makers are doing, but they never exactly grasp the core of the concept. Sometimes it's even more hilarious: in Legion you have a shit ton of rip offs from D3 RoS which suck ass compared to originals despite being made by the same company.

Make gathering baseline - Many other...hell most other games have gathering baseline and the production crafting is what you pick up for a profession. This would make this game so much better because it would allow people who want to do nothing but gather in their time off something to do without straining their profession choices.
    That would put some pressure off resource node races, which bliztards explicitly stated to luv. Also, it would be a huge QoL improvement for crafts, and boy aren't bliztards butthurt that anyone still bothers to keep crafting up!

They'd have to hire some coders and designers for that. Ain't gonna happen.

Give us an account bank
    Any free exchange of goods between your toons on different realms would be a severe blow to all the sweet transfer money. Ain't gonna happen. I love it in GW2 and SWTOR but GW2 is pay-once-play-forever and SWTOR can be played in very similar manner. Incidentally, I spend some considerable gaming budget on GW2 despite playing it less than WoW and I keep my SWTOR sub active despite not having the time to play it. Their makers earned it.

You're talking the language of nice MMOs made by awesome people again. If someone somehow forced bliztards to guarantee loot from every boss kill, you would get another Prydaz every single time.

I hope this doesn't find a blind eye and deaf ear in the suggestion pool. These are things that would make the quality of life much better and the game play much better too.
    This is MMOC. That was Battle.net forum. Be glad they can't just don the hoods and hang you.

Deleted
    Blizzard won't listen, they will do what -they- want.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Blizzard won't listen, they will do what -they- want.
    Sadly this is the truth.

Blizzard doesn't even listen to feedback on broken stuff on the PTR and Beta. You think they're going to listen to posts made on a fan site?

There's been lots of discussion and SUPER good suggestions made all over the place. But the truth is that Blizzard is going to do whatever the hell they want to do in order to fulfill their "vision" and damned what anyone else, even the paying customers, think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make gathering baseline
    Rather not, people should put some work in to an already easy game for mains, and alts.

Not sure how the playerbase would welcome housing, unless it runs 100% on gold only, and maybe professions. Because if it starts being part of something, people start complaining. As for your profession idea, I would like to see a need for carpentry in one way or the other, maybe for staves instead of the scribes. Or parts for making something.

Give us an account bank
    No, not for items. I would rather have an account bank for crafting materials or, just gold. But for items, no thanks.

Guaranteed loot, we have that in a way, with gold. I don't want more than so, to be honest.
    All gear BoA, rather not. Would ruin the whole need of having more added/gained.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sadly this is the truth.

Blizzard doesn't even listen to feedback on broken stuff on the PTR and Beta. You think they're going to listen to posts made on a fan site?

There's been lots of discussion and SUPER good suggestions made all over the place. But the truth is that Blizzard is going to do whatever the hell they want to do in order to fulfill their "vision" and damned what anyone else, even the paying customers, think.
    IF it is as easy as you say to listen to SUPER good suggestions, go make your own game. Yes they are doing whatever the hell they want, and they are doing it good. Do you know why there are less subs? Because there are more MMOs out there and still WoW is the most played and one of better ones in terms of incentivising group play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    IF it is as easy as you say to listen to SUPER good suggestions, go make your own game. Yes they are doing whatever the hell they want, and they are doing it good. Do you know why there are less subs? Because there are more MMOs out there and still WoW is the most played and one of better ones in terms of incentivising group play.
    Oh Jesus...this again? I can't criticize actual mistakes unless I'm a game developer on the same level as Blizzard? I have to make a game before anything I point out is considered legitimate? In that case unless you've got more than 30 years of gaming experience, or even as any posts as I do, then you're not qualified to criticize me.

Do you see how silly that is?

It doesn't take a master chef to know when your toast is burnt. It doesn't take a master mechanic to tell when a flat tire hasn't been fixed. It doesn't take a master game dev to tell when feedback is being ignored and actual problems identified in beta/ptr make it into the live version.

Oh Jesus...this again? I can't criticize actual mistakes unless I'm a game developer on the same level as Blizzard? I have to make a game before anything I point out is considered legitimate? In that case unless you've got more than 30 years of gaming experience, or even as any posts as I do, then you're not qualified to criticize me.

Do you see how silly that is?

It doesn't take a master chef to know when your toast is burnt. It doesn't take a master mechanic to tell when a flat tire hasn't been fixed. It doesn't take a master game dev to tell when feedback is being ignored and actual problems identified in beta/ptr make it into the live version.
    Okay, but if they aren't listening and are still the most successful, do you think listening and pandering would help them? If you, a master chef, is told by a nobody that they need to add a controversial ingredient to their most popular dish because that particular nobody likes it, would you? Or would you say "x dish is not served with y ingredient" and move on with your day?

1) Having gathering as a baseline is kinda cool idea.

2) Crap. It requires too much time, money, and effort to implement something purely cosmetic. Player housing CANNOT be non-cosmetic.

3) Noice.

4) Crap. Guaranteed item drops are boring. I like item <-> gold reward system more, but I wish they increased consolation rewards, getting like 30g in Legion is BS.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-12-09 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Any free exchange of goods between your toons on different realms would be a severe blow to all the sweet transfer money.
    I think you missed the part he said "there's no reason I can't at least have all my gold on the server be in a shared bank"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Okay, but if they aren't listening and are still the most successful, do you think listening and pandering would help them? If you, a master chef, is told by a nobody that they need to add a controversial ingredient to their most popular dish because that particular nobody likes it, would you? Or would you say "x dish is not served with y ingredient" and move on with your day?
    I'm not trying g to dictate the direction of the game, or influence their creative design process. I'm not trying to design the game for them.

I'm saying that when multiple sources tell Blizzard during the beta/put process that something is broken, then that broken thong goes to the live version before blizzard acknowledges the problem after it creates a mess.....then that's not good. Blizzard has a habit of doing that!

Popularity does not equate to quality, either. Just look at fast food chains. Just because something is released by Blizzard doesn't automatically make it acceptable or good. To suggest such is foolish. Similarly, just because parts of products released by Blizzard area good doesn't mean you have to abandon them immediately and forever. It's just not that black and white.

Also: It's OK to criticize Blizzard or parts of wow.

I'm not trying g to dictate the direction of the game, or influence their creative design process. I'm not trying to design the game for them.

I'm saying that when multiple sources tell Blizzard during the beta/put process that something is broken, then that broken thong goes to the live version before blizzard acknowledges the problem after it creates a mess.....then that's not good. Blizzard has a habit of doing that!

Popularity does not equate to quality, either. Just look at fast food chains. Just because something is released by Blizzard doesn't automatically make it acceptable or good. To suggest such is foolish. Similarly, just because parts of products released by Blizzard area good doesn't mean you have to abandon them immediately and forever. It's just not that black and white.

Also: It's OK to criticize Blizzard or parts of wow.
    It's okay to criticize.
    It's also okay for blizzard to totally ignore your bad ideas.

And if sub numbers isn't the metric used for quality, what is? Blizzard has produced the most successful MMO ever, doing what they have been doing. Do you think a large multinational corporation would really take the advice from a mom and pops boutique?
    If those games doing all of those things are better, why don't they have more subs?

Let's for instance, take hunters.
    In beta people identified some issues, and blizzard wanted to see how things played out. They are addressing the issues in the upcoming patch. Do you think that they have to listen to feedback immediately, and that they can't watch their ideas play out?

Gathering baseline would do nothing more than make the profession worthless. If everyone has it, the gathered items' value would plummet.

It makes as much sense as every crafting profession being baseline.

I'm never going to be on board with gathering being baseline because I hate professions in WoW. It would basically leave me with nothing.

I would at least like an account wide reagent bank.
    Last edited by Lane; 2016-12-09 at 02:06 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like gathering being baseline. To me they feel like a waste of our limited profession slots. Neutral mostly to the other ideas, but I like WoW's loot system.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Server Wide bank would be nice for things like mats and consumables

I like what SWTOR did with player housing, a system like that could work. Getting decorations from dungeons/raids and achievements.

If they made gathering baseline i would say limit it to one type

Of these suggestions, the only one that has a remote possibility of coming true is gathering becoming baseline.

Everything else makes WoW more like every other garbage MMO on the market which is the last thing the developers need to approach.