Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    What if he's willing to accept responsibility for the child?
    then he can find a WILLING body to grow a child in

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sounds to me you have an issue with rules. Life in a functional society might be unsuitable for you folks.
    I have an issue with rules that are based upon you forcing other people to live under your own subjective, religious moral code.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty dangerous quote right there. It's not about the woman, it's about the child or the entity that is capable of becoming one.

If, however, you want to continue beating the drum of "it's about women's rights" then you inherently need to discuss the men's rights about it too and how much say does he have in this. After all, it took two -- he should also have some say in this. What if he's willing to accept responsibility for the child? Shouldn't she be forced to carry it and pay child support? Or, alternatively then, shouldn't he be able to force the abortion or refuse child support?

Which system would you like and think is more fair?
    The system is already fair. Both parties are financially responsible if there is a child.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I have an issue with rules that are based upon you forcing other people to live under your own subjective, religious moral code.
    I have an issue with tons of other rules and laws that don't personally cater to my own personal interests. That won't make it so that I can ignore them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Six weeks.

Republicans have made it clear that they don't give a fuck about women.

Their presidential candidate on tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women, bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could, forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife. Kasich gleefully talking about how he would force young girls to carry the products of incest and rape to term. Now forcing any girl or woman who needs a simple medical procedure done into back alleys and dark web pharmacies.

This is the shit I was talking about when I said the GOP public platform would cause mass harm to US citizens. Sadly, it's also just the beginning.
    Democrats have made it clear for decades now that that don't give a fuck about human life.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    then he can find a WILLING body to grow a child in
    He seems to think that his bodily autonomy is somehow violated by women having a say in their own. Trailer park level of education is appalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well, hope you don't get caught, if this law does pass! I suppose
    if this ever becomes forced in my lifetime, alot of people are going to go down with me, cause i wont go down without a fight

I have an issue with tons of other rules and laws that don't personally cater to my own personal interests. That won't make it so that I can ignore them.
    All rules aren't the same. A rule that says all the Jews have to go live in camps isn't morally identical to a rule that says you can't put arsenic in baby food.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Conservatives trying to infringe on and limit other's personal rights for their own moral reasons. Nothing new, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Murder is not subjective.
    Neither is the definition for it by law. Your subjective religious views do not change it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Murder is not subjective.
    Murder is subjective. It is a legal designation. A legal killing, such as self defense, is not murder, by definition. That makes it subjective based on the law.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Six weeks.

Republicans have made it clear that they don't give a fuck about women.

Their presidential candidate on tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women, bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could, forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife. Kasich gleefully talking about how he would force young girls to carry the products of incest and rape to term. Now forcing any girl or woman who needs a simple medical procedure done into back alleys and dark web pharmacies.

This is the shit I was talking about when I said the GOP public platform would cause mass harm to US citizens. Sadly, it's also just the beginning.
    This is entire post of yours is rhetoric bullshit. There are plenty of republicans and conservatives that are pro choice and only ignorant people make such outlandish claims about 1 party or the other.

Speaking as republican who is very much pro-choice and a republican from California, a place so GD liberal there are actual talks of seceding from the Union (lol). We have a similar laws on the books for abortion.

You probably didn't even bother to follow the link to read the actual article. You just saw some trigger words that moderately support your rhetoric.

But if you want to continue to draw hard lines between the left and the right, and believe that democrats are the only ones that care about immigrants, minorities, and social justice, well that is you own cognitive dissonance and you should probably take care of that before you spread any more of your propaganda.

#notmypresident ya we get that. Truth is whether democrats support Trump, or work together with Trump is irrelevant. Republicans have congress, they have the presidency, and they'll soon have supreme court. Strap in, shit is about to get done! Although if you want to remain relevant or functional in this whole governing/legislation process it might behoove you to start blurring those lines you have established.

Again coming from a republican in a state where we are are extremely outnumbered to democrats, you learn that if you ever want to get your voice heard, and make a difference you try not to be so damn divisive.

Ohio voting on a law to change how abortions are done has little or nothing to do with Trump, his antics, or his many shortcomings. Hopefully, I don't have to explain state laws vs federal laws.
    Now forcing any girl or woman who needs a simple medical procedure done into back alleys and dark web pharmacies.
    Again I am very much pro choice. But I am also a fan of intelligent decisions. Whether you see a fetus as a life or not is irrelevant. It COULD be a life eventually... that makes an abortion SO MUCH more than a simple procedure. Removing a mole... is a simple procedure. Erasing a person from the future is not a simple procedure. There are very strong and important reasons why someone might choose to abort. But if YOU or anyone else is STUPID enough to be using abortion carelessly as though it is simply an alternative to birth control, then perhaps we are writing legislation on the wrong thing, perhaps we should be writing legislation on your right/privilege to reproduce at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Neither is the definition for it by law. Your subjective religious views do not change it one bit.
    If a Jew or Muslim tried to push any of their ideology into law, holy hell the backlash that would happen. But it's perfectly fine for the evangelicals in the GOP to push what they want while crying victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the woman
    Again, Republicans have made that abundantly clear.

And just fyi sunshine, the man doesn't go through pregnancy and all the complications that it can cause for the woman, up to and including death. That's a "yuge" difference, as your kind would say.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should anyone care about women that do not care about an unborn baby ?. Or is this one of those double standards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    If a Jew or Muslim tried to push any of their ideology into law, holy hell the backlash that would happen. But it's perfectly fine for the evangelicals in the GOP to push what they want while crying victim.
    Pretty much. And it's extremely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Again I am very much pro choice. But I am also a fan of intelligent decisions. Whether you see a fetus as a life or not is irrelevant. It COULD be a life eventually... that makes an abortion SO MUCH more than a simple procedure. Removing a mole... is a simple procedure. Erasing a person from the future is not a simple procedure. There are very strong and important reasons why someone might choose to abort. But if YOU or anyone else is STUPID enough to be using abortion carelessly as though it is simply an alternative to birth control, then perhaps we are writing legislation on the wrong thing, perhaps we should be writing legislation on your right/privilege to reproduce at all.
    My stance too. And I don't like agreeing with you!

10+ Year Old Account
    if YOU or anyone else is STUPID enough to be using abortion carelessly as though it is simply an alternative to birth control
    Ahh yes, that old conservative rhetoric that young girls and women just love to get abortions! Totally not tired and moronic at all
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Can I take your kidney if I need it more than you? No, I can't. Why? Because it's not my fucking body. Needing it doesn't mean you get to take it.
    A kidney is actually me, whereas a baby is not actually your wife. One day you will understand, maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Abortions are like honor killings."

You people aren't just morally bankrupt, also intellectually.
    You need better reading comprehension. The comparison was not abortion to honor killings. The comparison was to getting in someone's business for the moral good. it is ok to get involved in someone else's business when it is morally correct.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes, that old conservative rhetoric that young girls and women just love to get abortions! Totally not tired and moronic at all
    <.<
    >.>
    *looks both ways*

*looks underneath the page*

Yup some more of that making shit up that isn't there.

You're the one that called it a "simple procedure" so hilarious that's the one fucking thing you hang your hat on. How's that corner office at Huffington Post? Perhaps you should get back to writing your next titillating and tantalizing article.
    Just gonna quote your signature in case you forgot it was there.

"Ya I'd like a #4 with fries and a coke please."
    "Oh and I've decided not to keep this baby, so you if you could simply throw in an abortion pill that'd be great too."

Do they really consider taking a single line (not even the full thought or sentence) out of context academic or intellectual honesty where you come from?

This is entire post of yours is rhetoric bullshit. There are plenty of republicans and conservatives that are pro choice and only ignorant people make such outlandish claims about 1 party or the other.

Speaking as republican who is very much pro-choice and a republican from California, a place so GD liberal there are actual talks of seceding from the Union (lol). We have a similar laws on the books for abortion.

You probably didn't even bother to follow the link to read the actual article. You just saw some trigger words that moderately support your rhetoric.

But if you want to continue to draw hard lines between the left and the right, and believe that democrats are the only ones that care about immigrants, minorities, and social justice, well that is you own cognitive dissonance and you should probably take care of that before you spread any more of your propaganda.

#notmypresident ya we get that. Truth is whether democrats support Trump, or work together with Trump is irrelevant. Republicans have congress, they have the presidency, and they'll soon have supreme court. Strap in, shit is about to get done! Although if you want to remain relevant or functional in this whole governing/legislation process it might behoove you to start blurring those lines you have established.

Again coming from a republican in a state where we are are extremely outnumbered to democrats, you learn that if you ever want to get your voice heard, and make a difference you try not to be so damn divisive.

Ohio voting on a law to change how abortions are done has little or nothing to do with Trump, his antics, or his many shortcomings. Hopefully, I don't have to explain state laws vs federal laws.

You start your argument with that not all Republicans are concerned about abortion (even though I can show polling that shows them overwhelmingly concerned with it), and then at the end you transition to going even more fascistic and advocating government reproduction control. Well played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    A kidney is actually me, whereas a baby is not actually your wife. One day you will understand, maybe?
    The kidney is actually you, and the womb is actually my wife. For some reason, you believe my wife's womb gets to be used without consent, but your kidney doesn't.
    -ynnady