I've recently learned that I'm rather decent with Mercy. I've gotten quite a few positive comments about it too. Made me feel good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    If Mei is freezing you then the issue is that Mei is freezing you uninterpreted , so either your team mates aren't doing what they need to do (protecting you) or you overextended. Any case you need to leave the combat because dying or losing mech is worse then thing that can ever happen to you.
    I really enjoy the tip when Mei kills you which says:

"Try to attack Mei with your team mates, she can't easily freeze more than one player at a time."

Or in other words:

"Mei is balanced around 2 vs 1, git gud "
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I really enjoy the tip when Mei kills you which says:

"Try to attack Mei with your team mates, she can't easily freeze more than one player at a time."

Or in other words:

"Mei is balanced around 2 vs 1, git gud "
    As a Genji, soldier or just any range she isn't that hard imo. There's one thing you really need to pay attention to all the time: keep here at a distance. When she used her ice block the "I should rape mode" should go on if you are playing against her, then she is the most vulnerable and pretty easy to catch. However, whenever you meet her in a room or bump into here after a corner, you better can go meditate to make your journey to the unending fields of ice a little more comfortable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mercy healbots that tunnel heals into like a Reinhardt at full health with his shield up or whatever... that's my trigger. Hopping around next to them Need Healing, can't get a damned heal - run back to spawn for HP...

It's even worse than all the 20% accuracy snipers, or the genji kid who inexplicably plays from the front line and toss shurikens - those are bad - but the Mercy healbots bother me the most.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Mercy healbots that tunnel heals into like a Reinhardt at full health with his shield up or whatever... that's my trigger. Hopping around next to them Need Healing, can't get a damned heal - run back to spawn for HP...

It's even worse than all the 20% accuracy snipers, or the genji kid who inexplicably plays from the front line and toss shurikens - those are bad - but the Mercy healbots bother me the most.
    It's like with WoW. I play a healer so I don't have to deal with the bad healers. Same being a Mercy main. I have been told to pocket Rein before and I just ignore them.

Side note: I prefer solo healing. More hectic and fun.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2016-12-08 at 08:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    It's like with WoW. I play a healer so I don't have to deal with the bad healers. Same being a Mercy main. I have been told to pocket Rein before and I just ignore them.

Side note: I prefer solo healing. More hectic and fun.
    Yea definitely not meant to diminish all the good Mercy's out there who are sailing around saving lives endlessly - I think if anything - it's the sheer discrepancy between the impact a good healer has, versus a bad one - that makes bad Mercy's so frustrating. And nowhere is it more obvious than with Mercy - just because you see the visible heal beam going into the full HP Rein with shield up.

By contrast, a terrible Lucio can't help but accidentally heal his teammates who run to him - a bad Xenyatta might not be tossing around his Harmony as much as you would like, but he's likely still spamming Discord and Orbs into the enemy team - so he's still doing something - even if he's leaving his Harmony on his tank-buddy all game. A bad Ana will eventually power someone up and you can make a play around that - so a bad Ana basically just becomes another one of those 20% accuracy Widowmakers (not because their accuracy is necessarily low, but Ana is bad at closing out kills where Widow is amazing at it) - and they still have that Ana ult.

But a bad Mercy who just healing beams their tank BFF all game? You just look at that white beam and think, "so... unlike the bad Lucio/Ana/Xen, I can see that you aren't doing anything else, so I can't even make excuses for you - that you're doing damage or debuffs or sniping or something." I guess it comes down to, Bad Mercy's are more visibly bad than any other healer - which is not at all to detract from all the great Mercy's out there who are just soaring from person to person saving lives.

Side note: Personally I think this is the season for single healer Mercy's. With Soldier in A-tier now his Biotic field acts as a solid offheal, and with the triple tank meta that's emerging the risk of sudden death is at an all-time low, and she's got a lot of people defending her now. Plus the potential power of her Resurrect when she's hitting potentially 3 tanks + others, has never been stronger (if you think of Res as a heal, Ressing 3 tanks = 3x600hp = 1800 healing, versus 3x200 = 600 healing for ressing 3 DPS).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Pocket healers are definitely irritating. I dislike it when there's a Mercy or Ana who spends 99% of the match healing a Reinhardt. Yes, it can work - but if the rest of the team is dying though no fault of their own then it's just fueling the enemy ultimate charges. This is particularly annoying at chokepoints.

Even better.
    The fecking Mercy that is glued to a Pharrah. Just circling the map now, given she never has to land.
    " What do you mean ' get to the point' "

I'm at the point where if I see 1 out of the 6 on my team not select a guy I just stay in the spawn until they afk away, no reason to run in and eat it.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 3131 now. High of almost 3200

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Terry Crews should be one of the Doomfists

Meh, i'm in another slump and i'm trying to train in quick play... too bad it's becoming a shitfest by the day, even when i'm playing well. I'm starting to leave in Assemble as soon as i see Sombra, Torb, Symmetra and Bastion, i no longer have the patience for those kind of players basically being useless on purpose.

Speaking of Sombra, what's up with the majority holding the Emp for the whole match instead of disabling shields?
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Meh, i'm in another slump and i'm trying to train in quick play... too bad it's becoming a shitfest by the day, even when i'm playing well. I'm starting to leave in Assemble as soon as i see Sombra, Torb, Symmetra and Bastion, i no longer have the patience for those kind of players basically being useless on purpose.

Speaking of Sombra, what's up with the majority holding the Emp for the whole match instead of disabling shields?
    I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times my team capitalised on my EMP, all of those were premade groups. If you're solo queueing people just tend not to be engaged enough to work with it, so I'm not really surprised people aren't using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    seemingly stuck in the 3100-3200s

I was having a string of crap matches... sitting there willfully ignoring the groups after a time cause they clearly weren't trying to play smart.

I've been starting out as hanzo cause i'm in a mood for that. Working on my hanzo game and shit, bettering my headshot game. Then I swap to Ana or Rein when the match turns to needing a tank or healer. So I keep going through games where I swap to heal and no one groups up... OR I go tank and the same shit happens. At one point I'm sitting there saying 'fuck it' on Rein and going full suicidal mode and rushing in on anything. My team is no where near the point on Lijiang Tower, I solo push the enemy team off somehow and get told I need to be sticking with the group... for fucks sake. How we didn't lose faster I don't know.. Another time was shit like mercy as the only healer pocket boosting a pharah and not doing a single point of healing, unless you count her self regen.

getting my comp placement matches in... both teams fail to take first objective on King's Row. 0m advancment. How is that a loss?

Also enjoyed getting chewed out by another player for charging too much on rein when all the charges took out their healer and force the enemy tank to run from the fight chasing me. First time was an accident, the other 4 times was intentional cause I saw it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    getting my comp placement matches in... both teams fail to take first objective on King's Row. 0m advancment. How is that a loss?

Also enjoyed getting chewed out by another player for charging too much on rein when all the charges took out their healer and force the enemy tank to run from the fight chasing me. First time was an accident, the other 4 times was intentional cause I saw it work.
    Eh, more than once have I seen a Rein charge in, get a pick and then die right after... since I am Lucio, not much I can do. I usually just advise tanks not to be too aggro.

That's basically what happened with me. Rush in and die but each time was killing the enemy support and pulling a tank almost full charge range out with me. Only instagibbed in the process once. Just plain silly overall. If it were just a random assault or defense type, not worth it at all, but the enemy healer removed before they could generate real healing? Sounds like a decent trade

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    A bastion ended up getting PoTG, and I jokingly commented "Wow, much skill!!"

And this guy literally just screamed at me telling me i'm toxic and how i'm shit and they won because I'm horrible

The bastion of course laughed it off, as anyone playing torb/bastion usually get said reactions from people. 50/50 toxic community tbh
    I agree, it showed much skill in how your team fed a bastion their potg.

You were being toxic, the only intent of your comment was to insult someone because how dare a bastion get potg? Making insulting comments or trying to downplay what someone else did is the very definition of toxic. Next time bastion gets potg remind yourself that it wasn't so much the skill of the bastion that won the potg but rather the lack of skill of all the people killed by bastion.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That's basically what happened with me. Rush in and die but each time was killing the enemy support and pulling a tank almost full charge range out with me. Only instagibbed in the process once. Just plain silly overall. If it were just a random assault or defense type, not worth it at all, but the enemy healer removed before they could generate real healing? Sounds like a decent trade
    I disagree. A rein is needed to protect healers and now the enemy still has a all of their power houses and likely another healer. Your team just lost damage, and defense. Unless your team has a soldier, D.va, or McCree ult. There is no reason for that kind of trade.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I disagree. A rein is needed to protect healers and now the enemy still has a all of their power houses and likely another healer. Your team just lost damage, and defense. Unless your team has a soldier, D.va, or McCree ult. There is no reason for that kind of trade.
    Unless you have some way to follow up on it in general, like a Zarya that can help you escape through a bubble, I'd agree. Rare situations where in general it might be useful (Like, if you're literally just walking out of your base to attack, since then the healer has quite a further walk to make), but I would usually prefer letting someone like the inevitable Genji on your team pick off the healer. Usually it's better to charge the enemy tank to take them out so the team has no one to protect them if anything.