Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Everything on this planet has the possibility to be violent. But it's all in how they are brought up....

Take this guy for instance --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNCzSfv4hX8

He has been working with lions, leopards and hyenas for over what... 15 years now? He has 39 lions in there that he takes care of. And I mean like...goes into their enclosures and plays with them.

I mean...can you do this shit with hyenas and LIONS. Well then i'm pretty sure you can raise a kind pit bull...IF you do it right.
    *snore* The massive amount of dog mauling fatalities are perpetrated by the pitt bull breed. I suppose you could attempt to argue against this by saying that pitt bulls owners just raise them wrong, but that simply cannot account for the numbers. It is extremely unlikely that all pitt bull owners are bad, yet the breed still account for the majority of human deaths by dog mauling. The evidence is against you and I grow bored sjw's defending unsubstantial claims. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, don't listen to Nanook. I did a little hacking, and found a picture of him.

He is just jealous that pitbulls are more popular than him and his kin. He is just projecting and trying to get more people to buy Huskys.

This is Nanook when visiting other dogs.

See how vicious he is!! Don't trust him! He'll maul you!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If my grandma had wheels she would have been a bike.

We are talking about maulings and deaths caused by pitbulls, not nips and bites.
    Then don't get mauled by one? Instead of a pitbull (they are awesome dogs by the way) get a cat, like bobcat or a Savannah cat!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Except that they are not more aggressive. Pit breeds have been historically used as nanny dogs for children in multiple cultures. They're great arounds kids and other people. However, they have a badly maligned reputation (from people like you) that lead other people to believe they're aggressive and react accordingly. Add in their powerful stance, jaws, and musculature, and people purposely abuse them to make them aggressive to "defend their property".

There are breeds of dogs that are genuinely more aggressive, but you'd be surprised to know the most aggressive dogs are the smallest, like chihuahuas. The difference is that a chihuahua can't kill you.
    That's kind of the point. If a chihuahua gets aggressive, I'll just punt it into orbit. OTOH, if a breed that is built like a living tank gets aggressive, I'm f-cked. So pit bull bans have my full support.

According to the "Breed-Specific Legislation" page on Wikipedia: " It is generally settled in case law that jurisdictions in the United States and Canada have the right to enact breed-specific legislation." Its effectiveness and justification is irrelevant to this fact.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    He actually did post evidence of that back a few pages. Of the 34 dog-caused fatalities recorded in 2015, 90% were caused by pitbulls. Rottweilers were the second most fatal dog with only like 2 deaths.

Now that isn't data on dog attacks, but fatalities. Apparently they stopped recording dog attacks based on breed a while ago, but in the mid 90's pitbulls were on top of recorded non-fatal attacks by a country mile.

So, the complaint is 34 fatalities each year are caused by a type of animal? If you go by that static theory, 450 people each hear are killed by falling out of bed. According to the Center for Disease Control, falling out of bed accounts for 1.8 million emergency room visits and over 400 thousand hospital admissions each year.
    So, by that theory, you should ban Beds far more then you should ban pitbulls.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The little dogs bite far more often then big dogs.
    There is a very different reason for the behavior resulting in small dogs biting. Small dogs are often biting as a reaction of being very small and having people stand around them and stepping on their legs. Or having large dogs trampling them just by being excited around small dogs. Its more of a self defense mechanism.

Shepherds are running after other animals and biting their heels to keep them in line. Killing or injury is actually not desirable. It can be an annoyance, but it will never break skin, less take your face off.

Terriers by nature are meant to grab something, and kill it.

So its not just about how often it happens, but more about the purpose of the bite.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I personally think that pitt bulls simply have violent genetics in them due to selective breeding, and no amount of care and proper upbringing is going to change genetics no matter how much people want it to.
    Oh this thread again. I have owned several pitbulls which all have been registered/cross registered and who's lineage can be traced back generations. I'm not talking blue nose either, straight from fighting stock. 2x winners, 3x winners, Chmp etc all in lineage. Never had a problem with any of them and they were all house dogs, I am not into fighting them but that's not to say I don't know people who are. Jeep, Redboy, Bolio, Eli, just to name a few bloodlines. All game dogs.

Edit: if you have a dog that is human aggressive and will attack the man in the ring you are DQ'd and just lost money time reputation etc. Those dogs are usually culled.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2016-12-08 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, the complaint is 34 fatalities each year are caused by a type of animal? If you go by that static theory, 450 people each hear are killed by falling out of bed. According to the Center for Disease Control, falling out of bed accounts for 1.8 million emergency room visits and over 400 thousand hospital admissions each year.
    https://priceonomics.com/the-tragic-...ie-fatalities/

More people have died in Selfie Stick related incidents. 49 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    That's not my theory at all. I am fairly neutral on this issue. I've owned a pitbull before and she was the sweetest dog ever that literally fainted in my arms when my chihuahua barked at her. So anecdotally, I think they are sweet dogs. Statistically, they are the most dangerous dog.

I have said multiple times in the thread, and I don't fault you for not reading every single post, that I don't think anything needs to or should be done because 34 people die a year from dog attacks. That is an absolutely inconsequentially small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    There is a very different reason for the behavior resulting in small dogs biting. Small dogs are often biting as a reaction of being very small and having people stand around them and stepping on their legs. Or having large dogs trampling them just by being excited around small dogs. Its more of a self defense mechanism.

Shepherds are running after other animals and biting their heels to keep them in line. Killing or injury is actually not desirable. It can be an annoyance, but it will never break skin, less take your face off.

Terriers by nature are meant to grab something, and kill it.

So its not just about how often it happens, but more about the purpose of the bite.
    You need a cat as well. A big cat, go with Bobcats. They vibrate the house when they purr and make most folks do a double take the first time they see it!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a cat as well. A big cat, go with Bobcats. They vibrate the house when they purr and make most folks do a double take the first time they see it!
    I'm thinking a Lynx.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aggressive behavior is a nature of upbringing.

The reason pittys are "dangerous" is because their bite can break bones and if they go for your neck, kill you.

If a poodle bites you, you go "ow" and move on with your day. A pitt bull bites, hangs on and crushes. Any dog can be aggressive with improper upbringing. Shit like shock collars and pinch collars don't make them respectfully obedient, it makes them fearfully obedient. And enough fear can cause a "fear aggressor" reaction.

Because of the pit bull's bite being so powerful, a large number of them are raised to fight, to be aggressive. That's why rescue pits are often put down, because they've been trained only to fearfully attack once the muzzle if off. People who properly raise them have a very sweet dog.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm thinking a Lynx.
    The ear tuffs!!!! /swoon

10+ Year Old Account
    None, but I have taken a few classes on biology enough to understand natural selection and how traits are transferred.
    Oh, you took a few classes? Must be true then. Why even bother with the thread if you already know the answer you want?

Yes, I have. The dogs are generally more aggressive than other dog breeds even when not abused or mistreated.
    Is it at all possible, that those Pitbulls you have been around are more aggressive than other dogs because the owners had taken the same classes as you and wanted an aggressive dog? I mean, surely that would be more about the owners expectations of their pet and less about biology...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the most dangerous dogs in the world are Caucasian Ovcharka. It's just that the owners of them don't allow them to go near people that don't need bitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

That dog does not look athletic, lol. Strong perhaps, but not athletic.
    The way the bulldog was breed into this creature is sad.
    Original English Bulldog vs. new breed:

Look how deformed his skull is now:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Aggressive behavior is a nature of upbringing.

The reason pittys are "dangerous" is because their bite can break bones and if they go for your neck, kill you.

If a poodle bites you, you go "ow" and move on with your day. A pitt bull bites, hangs on and crushes. Any dog can be aggressive with improper upbringing. Shit like shock collars and pinch collars don't make them respectfully obedient, it makes them fearfully obedient. And enough fear can cause a "fear aggressor" reaction.

Because of the pit bull's bite being so powerful, a large number of them are raised to fight, to be aggressive. That's why rescue pits are often put down, because they've been trained only to fearfully attack once the muzzle if off. People who properly raise them have a very sweet dog.
    Right, I think dog bites are horrendously underreported because smaller breeds don't enough damage to warrant reporting it, or you don't want the family dog put down.

But there is still a vastly disproportionate number of attacks and deaths attributed to the pitbull style of dog, and from what I can tell most are from the family dog.

I can't find info if they were rescues or raised from puppers though.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-12-08 at 08:35 PM.

I personally think that pitt bulls simply have violent genetics in them due to selective breeding, and no amount of care and proper upbringing is going to change genetics no matter how much people want it to.
    The biggest problem is they are powerful animals, if a chihuahua goes ape shit on you, no big deal, if a dog that can clamp down on you with 235lbs of pressure takes a bite out of your ass, you have a problem.

The vast majority of Pitbulls in my city are owned by gangster wannabes who want to appear more aggressive, so their dogs are brought up that way.

If you want a big cat that is friendly, get a Maine Coon:

They behave very much like a dog and they are BIG
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-08 at 08:40 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!