Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I personally don't like Star Wars at all but I heard from a colleague once that the last movie was complete shit.

The female lead was able to hold up in a fight against the major bad guy because "girlpower"
    Pretty accurate description of episode 7

Such a nothing story OP

This is typical for left wing sheep. Make a mountain out of a molehill.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    a bit of clarification, they did have a strict Anti-NonHuman policy but they had nothing against non-white humans

obviously it is racism but the stricken part from quote above is not true
    That was pointed out to OP multiple times. They refused to acknowledge that they were incorrect about it, the statement was used as bait to cause drama.

#Leiahatessmallpeople

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't like Star Wars at all but I heard from a colleague once that the last movie was complete shit.

The female lead was able to hold up in a fight against the major bad guy because "girlpower"
    Not quite, that same bad guy had taken a blaster bolt by a Wookie bowcaster straight to the chest moments before that fight by Chewie, which had been emphasised to be an incredibly lethal weapon multiple times prior throughout the film. The guy wasn't at full capacity, but it remains to be seen how EP8 and EP9 treats Kylo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    1915 or 1916.
    Ooh, I was damn close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    #Leiahatessmallpeople
    Such stereotyping of stormtroopers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    In the old movies white males were in both the empire and the rebellion, not shoved into one faction. It was freedom vs tyranny theme.

Now white males = empire. Rebellion good guys = non-white against the oppresive white males. You pretend white males haven't been excluded from being good guys?
    There are heaps of white men in the Resistance in the TFA. And in the original trilogy, 100% of the non-male, non-white and non-human cast was on the Rebel side.

I don't know why you'd care if you don't like it, but you should never judge a movie based on another person's opinion of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Who's this bogeyman alt-right group again?
    Well if you aren't parrotting their every word they must not be a real alt-right group, sure.

Nice No True Scotsman there.

The racism (more accurately speciesism) and sexism of the Empire was explicitly mentioned in the Expanded Universe on several occasions. You can of course see it in the actual cast of the movies, it was always there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There are heaps of white men in the Resistance in the TFA. And in the original trilogy, 100% of the non-male, non-white and non-human cast was on the Rebel side.
    At least on the non-Imperial side, anyway. There were plenty of aliens as criminals and honestly, the Rebels were overwhelmingly human as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ooh, I was damn close.

- - - Updated - - -

Such stereotyping of stormtroopers.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why you'd care if you don't like it, but you should never judge a movie based on another person's opinion of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you aren't parrotting their every word they must not be a real alt-right group, sure.

Nice No True Scotsman there.

The racism (more accurately speciesism) and sexism of the Empire was explicitly mentioned in the Expanded Universe on several occasions. You can of course see it in the actual cast of the movies, it was always there.
    So are you for or against?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    In the old movies white males were in both the empire and the rebellion, not shoved into one faction. It was freedom vs tyranny theme.

Now white males = empire. Rebellion good guys = non-white against the oppresive white males. You pretend white males haven't been excluded from being good guys?

The rebels cast is
    2 asians
    1 black guy
    1 arab
    1 latino

And ofc strong independent female against evil cis male patriarchy.

How do you happen to not include a SINGLE white male in the good guy team and not being intentional considering the wide presence white males have had in the many years of Hollywood. It can only have been intended.
    I wonder how blatant they were when getting actors
    "Oh you are a white male, you can't get any good guy roles, try instead one of the other roles, bad guys, which is reserved for your skin color"

I wonder wht peoples reactions would have been if all the bad guys had been non-white n all the good guys white.
    In regards to the Hollywood shift of stereotypes and tropes. For how long have any race aside from white folks been stereo typed?

I understand change can be disruptive, but as time goes on, people will get used to there being more variety in how different races are casted.

If you ask me, it is a great step towards breaking up stereo types.

If literally every movie this year featured a non white person as the good team, and only white people on the bad guy team, then yu may have cause for concern. But since there is a ton of variety out there, I think this is absolutely great.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I don't understand how the empire is racist? Unless you mean "alien racist" and not the way we currently use it in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't understand how the empire is racist? Unless you mean "alien racist" and not the way we currently use it in reality.
    The empire was never racist in the movies its just in those supposed non cannon fanwank books that it was

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But Finn was a storm trooper
    He's that one black guy, so steve shivs and milo didn't bombard the studio with crying emails about an imaginary universe being white males only.

*also so Snokes can say "see, we arent racist*

I don't think you have to be leaning right to see how much SJW crap there is in the latest Star Wars movies.
    Such as ''incompetent Space Nazis being massacred by teddy bears'', which is truly a new thing ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    He's that one black guy, so steve shivs and milo didn't bombard the studio with crying emails about an imaginary universe being white males only.

*also so Snokes can say "see, we arent racist*
    It would be hard to make a clear statement about the race of storm troopers since they wear masks 99% of the time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

Also they are incredibly obviously Nazis.
    uh... they were only anti-alien, not white supremacist.

they were human supremacist. the clones wouldn't have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    The empire was never racist in the movies its just in those supposed non cannon fanwank books that it was
    The Empire is as racist in the non-canon old lore that in the quite canon new lore

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The Empire is as racist in the non-canon old lore that in the quite canon new lore
    What does that mean?

I didnt pick that up in episode 7

Breathe and try to make sense now.

I know I'm not as ''smurt'' as the alt-right, but I have the vague and fairly outrageous idea that the Empire hating Wookies and Twi'leks might be some sort of subtle message. Y'know, ''hating people that don't exist'' vs ''hating people that exist''...

FTR, even the Warhammer 40K Imperium, who are better at genocides that at basis tactics, have absolutely nothing against asian humans or black humans (considering that the Emperor of Mankind himself is a Middle Easterner...)

I know I'm not as ''smurt'' as the alt-right, but I have the vague and fairly outrageous idea that the Empire hating Wookies and Twi'leks might be some sort of subtle message. Y'know, ''hating people that don't exist'' vs ''hating people that exist''...

FTR, even the Warhammer 40K Imperium, who are better at genocides that at basis tactics, have absolutely nothing against asian humans or black humans (considering that the Emperor of Mankind himself is a Middle Easterner...)
    or it might be about some old cunt who hates the light side of the force and couldn't give a shit about any other life form except the fact he gets a huge erection by being a bad ass motherfucker and hating the good side of the force!