Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    With all do respect how can you be so sure I am wrong? Isn't what you wrote an opinion?
    It is more of we have little to no reason to believe you are right. A few hundred thousand active users on a free product that seem to have a short stick rate and high churn isn't exactly a strong position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Nah.. he only needs to point to the Lineage 1 (1998 game) on for the pull games from an even earlier era can have in the Asian market.

I mean LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE that still play an mmorpg from 1998.
    more or less this. I have never seen a breakout of wow revenue from china. I wonder where this data came from. Such a language barrier. I have seen other mmo's on other lists with huge playerbases that are not on the list you post. BUT....

netease pays royalties to blizzard, and would on this postulated project too. it would certainly be part of the equation. It is likely some detractors don't understand how blizzard defines a sub in china either. I think my projection is pefectly reasonable, using blizzard's own definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why? Deficineiron was specifically talking about WoW China. I would have thought that the Asian, in particular the Chinese, MMO market's attitude towards a product would be quite important when trying to determine how that product might perform in China.
    it would certainly be important to blizzard in revenue projections. They know how the9 did and what their population coverage vs. today's netease is. Between them and netease and whatever other resources a/b uses, a projection on how classic would do in china today would certainly be worked up.

are the anti-legacy folks here actually thinking blizzard will consider legacy servers and NOT consider the licensing angle in china?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-10 at 03:24 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    are the anti-legacy folks here actually thinking blizzard will consider legacy servers and NOT consider the licensing angle in china?
    Hardly anyone in this god-forsaken thread has given any thought to the idea that China might be the most important factor in how it all works out.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Hardly anyone in this god-forsaken thread has given any thought to the idea that China might be the most important factor in how it all works out.
    some data on that place that got shutdown mentioned nearly half their users were in china - and this is for a server in france (ping), with whatever obstacles exist to actually get onto that server for someone in china. they suggested many were using proxies as well.

I point this out to suggest that there well may be notable demand in china for the product if it were available officially through conventional means. as far as I can tell the licensing revenue from netease is very, very high margin. no servers to operate, no customer service, just whatever they need on the programming end + support on server stuff?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    How can i even sit here and put into words how i would feel if blizzard gave me what i have longed for for all of my life, for something that gave me so much happieness in my life when i felt that all was lost, i found hope love and happiness in vanilla wow, as pathetic as this may sound, i found my peace in vanilla wow, no matter what anyone said to me or anyone done to me, i always found solace in vanilla, weather it was the small social interactions and the freinds i made in this small loneley world that i had i always found myself escaping to this world i loved, because i found no other way to express myself, when i was down, vanilla gave me joy, when i was lost, vanilla gave me happiness, when i was sad, vanilla gave me something, something to live for and something i strive to enjoy once again, weather it be in vanillas world, or the world people the people of nostarlous dedicated there life to provide to us, i will enjoy those days once again. and i love them for that. long live nostarius, and long live vanilla wow.

blizzard refuse to give us what we ask for, so a group of passionate people decided to take it upon themselfs to provide to us what we all ask for blizzard, and that is vanilla wow, if only you could see this in your heart and give us this, we would eternally be thankful to you.

blizzard do this for us. give us what we long for. give us vanilla wow. the people that have been there from the start, the people that have been there trhough thick and thin, they deserve more than this blizzard, show us you are the company we all loved once again!

how other way are these young kids they never experianced wow as we did in 2004 going to see wow for what it was in 2004? the only way to show them the true greatness of wow is to show them how it all began, in 2004 in the purest form, blizzard you are missing something huge here, please share this great game with the world, back when this game was simply amazing. the greatest mmo ever made, its as simple as that.

at the end of the day, great games never fade from memory, they simply live on in the memory of those people who saw the game for what it was, a simply sublime masterclass in how to make an mmo. dont ever let that fade blizzard. remeber where you came from and what made you great, vanilla wow.

show these none belivers why so many people fell in love with this game you created, show them the masterclass of game creation, show them vanilla wow.

you think you do, but you do!

Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-12-10 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It is more of we have little to no reason to believe you are right. A few hundred thousand active users on a free product that seem to have a short stick rate and high churn isn't exactly a strong position.
    It will be surely intresting to follow as time passes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    -snop-
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-12 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I agree. Blizzard rarely refuses to say "No" to something they aren't interested in doing. It's a problem with them.
    It's not a problem, it's the nature of doing business. If you say "no", but then decide that you are indeed interested, you might have lost potential buyers. You get nothing from saying "no", in fact, you don't really know that it is a "no", because things change all the time. So, you say "maybe sometime in the future".

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's not a problem, it's the nature of doing business. If you say "no", but then decide that you are indeed interested, you might have lost potential buyers. You get nothing from saying "no", in fact, you don't really know that it is a "no", because things change all the time. So, you say "maybe sometime in the future".
    And somehow you get 1,900 pages of discussion from people who interpret that "maybe" in one direction or the other. :P

I would probably pay more for an authentic vanilla experience than I would for Legion, but in the meanwhile it's less than a week until we get vanilla back in another form, I for one can't wait

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-12 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It seems rather as an avenue to sway interest elsewhere. For shame. When the negative Nancy's get done, the interest has gone .. elsewhere? Hardly what I wanted; I'll take what I can get, however.

Too bad Blizzard doesn't want to be a player Too bad so many were so against something they admittedly disliked anyways

All the negativity just brings everyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    All the negativity just brings everyone down.
    I'm doing just fine actually.

Have to admit, more excited about this Saturday than I was for any other release this year HYPE

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I would probably pay more for an authentic vanilla experience than I would for Legion, but in the meanwhile it's less than a week until we get vanilla back in another form, I for one can't wait
    HYPE

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-12 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Have to admit, more excited about this Saturday than I was for any other release this year HYPE
    I have a feeling the servers are going to crash from being overloaded. I'm going to level a character like it's 2004!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-12 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are not here to talk about private servers, not even Nostalrius. This thread is only for discussion of classic World of Warcraft and the possibility of legacy servers/what it would take to develop them

Mods just close it. You will just be yelling at them again soon anyway
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Blizzard said they would release info about legacy servers after Blizzcon right? I for one can't wait for an official statement. Now would be a great time too in order to take some focus away from alternative solutions.

Deleted
    okay, troll comments aside.

Even when you are anti-legacy you gotta admit one thing - there's a lot of content that is just wasting now. I mean, I've made a little memory trip a couple of weeks ago, visted some zones in TBC especially and man... those did not age badly! they still look cool and are climatic. The same goes for northerend, hell even pandaria!

I probably would say something like this about vanilla zones but I can't acess them legally now so I'm only talking about the ones that are in game actually and man... they are just great.

This makes a good point for making vanilla-progression realms. The content is out there and can be "reused" - now it's just wasting, that's really sad.

And please don't tell me that if I want to I can go and lvl there - we all know that it's not the same that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We are not here to talk about private servers, not even Nostalrius. This thread is only for discussion of classic World of Warcraft and the possibility of legacy servers/what it would take to develop them
    At this stage, I do not think Blizzard is interested in developing Classic servers, although we do have independent confirmation that there is at least one Dev that used to work (perhaps on his own volition and independent of the Team), at least up to a few weeks ago, on Classic WoW.

If Classic Servers were in any way a prio within Blizzard, they would have announced something in Blizzcon. The fact that they did not means that not only they aren't interested, but Classic Servers are not even on their radar, not even when you switch said Radar to 48NM mode.

(See J Allen Brack's statement "We are lazer focused on Legion" etc).

I see little or no point in a discussion.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I think we need a seperate thread where all the talk about private servers can take place without getting infracted, so this thread can remain about talking for possibilities how Blizzard can make their own servers. Its just inevitable that words about private servers get slipped trough the threads new OP, they are a huge part of the discussion that not everyone can ignore so easily. Even I can have trouble filtering about not mentioning anything about private servers when I want to contribute, it got me an infraction already.

I also wanted to suggest making it legal to talk about private servers in the Suggestions & Feedback forum, as I believe that its rather pointless to forbid it as there are plenty of other major gaming sites that have no trouble posting about it at all. I can get that its forbidden to ADVERTISE these servers, but simply talking about it like its population or features should be passable. And in the end, we're all talking about World of Warcraft, the one thing that this forum is supposed to be about.