Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    This sounds promising, the only downside I can think of(and it depends how this index affects the spells), is that if a spell for example is too powerful and one is at the bottom of the food chain, they won't be able to buff the shitty one by much without bumping the powerful one to the Moon.
    But yeah, I believe buffing by X% is much simpler and easier to deal with than x+y*SP*modifier*procs, where they have to tweak X, Y and see how it actually affects the spell in all cases.
    Wait did the aura get increased to 12%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Wait did the aura get increased to 12%?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137013/balance-druid

No, he's just hypothesising.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Yeah.. nerving the only legendaries which made our spec even remotely competitive.. good thinking. The 4% increase doesn't come close to equalize that. And before you retaliate.. I dont trust their cross-class tuning.
    The decrease in dps from ED was simmed to be 4% actually.

It is people like you that make us bad lol. Wanna nerf the 2 legendarys because you dont have them, yet what about when you do get them? ever think about that? Dont be mad that other boomkins beat you with them. be mad that others beat boomkins even with them.
    You should only get into this argument once all the changes are done. The point is to nerf the high end legendaries and buff the baseline so that the gap isn't as wide. They haven't done the second part yet.

Would definitely be better to get the baseline boomkin damage up to a point where it's not miles away from what you can do WITH that legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahkmar View Post
    Would definitely be better to get the baseline boomkin damage up to a point where it's not miles away from what you can do WITH that legendary.
    Yea lets just make it where legendarys dont buff damage at all and they just look cool! /s

Yea lets just make it where legendarys dont buff damage at all and they just look cool! /s
    I don't mind that they buff damage, but for them to buff you so much that the only way your spec is worth playing for high end content is if you have a certain legendary is ridiculous. Personally I like the legendaries that grant you better utility, like the lock one with the gate (can't remember the name).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiraz View Post
    You nerf the 2 bis legendaries for boomies and then you say you will buff the spec itself i was ok with that but after seeing your so called "buff" im furious you gave us 2 % more mastery how is that supposed to balance is out compared to other classes/specs ? We are already in the bottom 30 % and you actually NERF us ? Is that a complete joke are you even playing your OWN game
    learn to fking read before posting crap.

it says right under the fking changes that "balance druids are yet to be tuned"

this is way to imbecile whining. Blizzard stated that people who already HAS ED will give or take do similar dps once the changes are over. Ofc you will do a bit less or more.

but someone who doesn't have ED will do way more.

I wish people who posts before reading crap would get ip banned or some sort, you can clearly see that the owner of this thread only has 2 posts, so he had to create a whole new fking user just to post crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Current legendary system is such a bad design that i wouldn't mind if they baked all dps effects into the spec already and turned current legendaries into utility ones.

ED gameplay is fun

ED damage deserves nerf.

they should just allow balance druid to keep the gameplay - so we actually atleast have some micro-management to do as without the ed the rotation is pure plain simple and its super hard to screw over anything.

and by that they could simple change the freaky helmet to utility of all i care.

I've ED myself. And I still think its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahkmar View Post
    I don't mind that they buff damage, but for them to buff you so much that the only way your spec is worth playing for high end content is if you have a certain legendary is ridiculous. Personally I like the legendaries that grant you better utility, like the lock one with the gate (can't remember the name).
    Right, so you make Legendarys only utility, then you run into the problem where people turn down legendarys because it isnt a dps increase. I wouldnt use ED helm if it didnt have the effect on it. Id rather use a 895 haste helm in my bags

Deleted
    Right, so you make Legendarys only utility, then you run into the problem where people turn down legendarys because it isnt a dps increase. I wouldnt use ED helm if it didnt have the effect on it. Id rather use a 895 haste helm in my bags
    that will depend entirely on the utility.

A legendary in this expansion was never meant to be "equip 1" and stick to it, that is why you are limited to currently 2. and have possibility to still find more legendaries.

If there was a heavy movement encounter just for an example, it could be a dps boost to have a legendary that would reduce the cooldown of your displacer beast by each thicking moonfire dot, where you would waste 2 gcd's over perhaps a lot of movement.

This is ofc just a scenario to explain of what could happend.

And while we are at it, - legendaries still scales way more in stats than actual drops you might find, while perhaps the helm then wouldn't be something you were looking forward for, i'm certain another piece definitely would.

Right, so you make Legendarys only utility, then you run into the problem where people turn down legendarys because it isnt a dps increase.
    Like the system right now???

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Like the system right now???
    Right, so why change the system when it changes nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    Sigh...they buffed Mastery by 2%...and the reason for nerfing the 2 legendaries, was to closer align ED boomkins with non ED boomkins, they clearly said in the dev talk meeting that balance tuning isn't finished...I understand you want to vent your frustrations...but they already have said they are aware and there are still plenty of changes to come.
    Bold stuff is like saying we will lower your pay because we dont want you to have more money than ppl that dont have your job.

Only an idiot would believe that to be the reason. We are 3+ months into expansion and they still havent "fixed" moonkins yet they wanna nerf legendary items because there is too much of a difference in dps between moonkins that have 2bis or 2 utility ( like me - neck and chest ). They should then nerf every single legendary for every class because EACH bis legendary is a huge dps increase.

They are aware?!? 3 months into expansion and they are doing nothing.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-12-12 at 10:43 AM.

They are aware, and have done so. It's you who needs to be more aware.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They are aware, and have done so. It's you who needs to be more aware.

What have they done?Our aoe burst is shir compared to other classes even if we take talents that sacrifice our ST dmg, we can sustain dmg ones we appky all dots but when mobs die in 10sec we are useless cipared to mon, DH or mage that can push 7mill+ dps on trash, Full moon cast is way too long if you have lets say Volcanic modifier, with same ilvl we do less ST dmg than most specs and jt has been like that since Legion started. Those 2 legendaries gave us 20-30% dps increase depending on fight and even with them we do less dps than lets say hunter without legendary item

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiraz View Post
    You nerf the 2 bis legendaries for boomies and then you say you will buff the spec itself i was ok with that but after seeing your so called "buff" im furious you gave us 2 % more mastery how is that supposed to balance is out compared to other classes/specs ? We are already in the bottom 30 % and you actually NERF us ? Is that a complete joke are you even playing your OWN game
    Why so mad????

We are druids.....we have been on the bottom since WoTLK. Yes we had some great patches. But Moonkins, Resto's and gaurdians have had it rough.
    So why mad. You know the minute a druid is to strong they nerf us. But when a paladin, mage, hunter , priest etc are to strong they leave it like that for whole expansions or more.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What have they done?Our aoe burst is shir compared to other classes even if we take talents that sacrifice our ST dmg, we can sustain dmg ones we appky all dots but when mobs die in 10sec we are useless cipared to mon, DH or mage that can push 7mill+ dps on trash, Full moon cast is way too long if you have lets say Volcanic modifier, with same ilvl we do less ST dmg than most specs and jt has been like that since Legion started. Those 2 legendaries gave us 20-30% dps increase depending on fight and even with them we do less dps than lets say hunter without legendary item
    They haven't done any class balancing yet on the PTR. For any spec. It's not something unique to Moonkins.

It's not like other casters do any better with Volcanic either. And find me a log of those classes pushing 7m+ trash DPS on M10+ or shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They haven't done any class balancing yet on the PTR. For any spec. It's not something unique to Moonkins.

It's not like other casters do any better with Volcanic either. And find me a log of those classes pushing 7m+ trash DPS on M10+ or shut up about it.
    I dont care about PTR and what they havent done, i care about current state of moonkins and so farm we, compared to fire mages that can do, depending on how large trash pack is ( how many you pull ) do at least 2mill sustained dmg until mobs are dead, and watch videos, there are classes that can pus 5+ mill on 3-4 packs that are pulled.

And make me, please come here and make me shut up, i dare you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The decrease in dps from ED was simmed to be 4% actually.
    Ok, but what about the loss caused by the ring nerf?
    Everybody is saying "Wait until they are done class balancing blabla". How many years have you played wow? Since when have they ever managed to actually balance out classes. They mostly overbuff or overnerf classes and in our case I think I know what it's going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Ok, but what about the loss caused by the ring nerf?
    Everybody is saying "Wait until they are done class balancing blabla". How many years have you played wow? Since when have they ever managed to actually balance out classes. They mostly overbuff or overnerf classes and in our case I think I know what it's going to be...
    I'd say someone with ED+IFE will probably be slightly behind live, as things currently stand on PTR.