Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry BM hunter seemingly not on the radar

Dear All,

I have been thinking and reading what there is or isn't going on about BM hunters from the dev side and I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no talk at all happening between the BM community and Blizzard. All I read about is MM and SV. Do they think BM is fine both mechanical- as well as damage wise or what am I missing?

- Hati is running to mobs at snail speed
    - BM legendary Ring bugged from Legion release until now (this angers me badly!)
    - Dire beast proccs resetting CD of Dire Beast instead of giving us an extra dire beast
    - Target switching horror with craptastic pet pathing
    - BM T19 4 set bonus only working on currently summoned Dire Beasts
    - etc. etc.

This might sound like a whine thread and it probably is, but I would have posted this on the official forums as well but since I cannot do this from Europe and no one from the devs ever reads something outside the US forums, I thought I can just as well post it here..

What do you all think? Is BM fine, I know it isn't dmg wise but I can also see some very annyoing mechanical flaws that anger me.

Kindly looking forward to feedback on this topic. Thanks!

Deleted
    go MM bro , i used to like bm but the more i think about its disadvantages the more im starting to like mm, no pet bugs to worry about, its getting more buffs according to blizz so it will be way ahead of BM on single target dps, its aoe might suffer abit but bm's aoe is nothing special.

only time bm aoe shines is when adds stacked but that rarely happens , most aoe is spread out, mm can still use barrage but i dont think it will be the best talent but who knows .

If you like raiding then go MM to save yourself the stress, if you like Mythic+ only, go BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    Dear All,

I have been thinking and reading what there is or isn't going on about BM hunters from the dev side and I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no talk at all happening between the BM community and Blizzard. All I read about is MM and SV. Do they think BM is fine both mechanical- as well as damage wise or what am I missing?

- Hati is running to mobs at snail speed
    - BM legendary Ring bugged from Legion release until now (this angers me badly!)
    - Dire beast proccs resetting CD of Dire Beast instead of giving us an extra dire beast
    - Target switching horror with craptastic pet pathing
    - BM T19 4 set bonus only working on currently summoned Dire Beasts
    - etc. etc.

This might sound like a whine thread and it probably is, but I would have posted this on the official forums as well but since I cannot do this from Europe and no one from the devs ever reads something outside the US forums, I thought I can just as well post it here..

What do you all think? Is BM fine, I know it isn't dmg wise but I can also see some very annyoing mechanical flaws that anger me.

Kindly looking forward to feedback on this topic. Thanks!
    All we got was "There is some tuning to be done to make the other specs feel more viable in other situations." from the Q&A (other specs in this case being BM and SV)
    SV is some designers pet project and will probably continue to get worked on at a level disproportionate to the amount of people maining the spec and MM, being the current go to spec, is going to get more attention than BM because it's what most the player base is focused on.

BM will probably get bandage fixes and enough minor buffs to keep them playable but never at MM level throughout Legion. Nothing they have said/done so far shows any inclination towards actually fixing the issues that could make BM viable. It's the throwaway spec this expansion.

In the Q&A they specifically said BM just needs some tuning, i would imagine youll see those adjustments later in the month or next. Most of the complaints you have here are very minor annoyances rather than game breaking. They need fixing absolutely but nothing here is in need of right now attention.
    Last edited by Agallion; 2016-12-10 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    You got a fricking zoo, pet you pet and be happy

If it just hat the new Bm legendary as baseline and the 4 piece "turned around" that woul be quite right, well except for Hathi snailing around and pet pathing and...
    Last edited by mmoc90da025fe8; 2016-12-10 at 06:10 PM.

People who work on BM should be replaced. BM is not fine from begining when top hunters use BM it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    In the Q&A they specifically said BM just needs some tuning, i would imagine youll see those adjustments later in the month or next. Most of the complaints you have here are very minor annoyances rather than game breaking. They need fixing absolutely but nothing here is in need of right now attention.
    BM needs fixing not tuning. Like I said they will probably get bandaid buffed to keep from falling any further behind. If there were actual changes being made we probably would have seen the first steps being taken already. BM is going to get a numbers pass and thats it. Still wont fix our terrible target swapping, limited talent choices. Not to mention BM already has lackluster scaling compared to MM since Weapon damage is practically worthless and our secondary stats are getting kicked in the junk.
    Last edited by Threndsa; 2016-12-10 at 08:01 PM.

yea it's kinda sad. BM is barely even a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by saeKn View Post
    People who work on BM should be replaced. BM is not fine from begining when top hunters use BM it will be fine.
    So if all the top hunters spec BM right now regardless of reason it will be fine?
    Hi Sephurik

Thanks for the input so far, how come though that it seems that we, as a community, don't even really care anymore.. If I was only able to post on the US forums I would at least try to get heard. I really like the spec in general and I really love it in M+ and also on many encounters in EN and TOV, but it still feels like an unfinished and uninspired spec sadly.. Besides all the gripes I have with the spec though, I hate not being very competitive on the meters and I really hope the "tuning pass" or whatever blizzard calls it, at least increases our damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    What BM needs more than anything is the pet pathing and AI to be fixed. After that (seemingly monumental) task gets done:

Make the 'blink' in Blink Strikes baseline, use the talent to increase the damage of pet attacks

Give Dire Beast charges (yes a legendary does this, and yes its stupid)

Reduce focus cost of Cobra Shot

Reduce focus of all attacks during Bestial Wrath like it used to be

Give BM a ranged shot that does the same damage as KC and shares a cooldown with KC, for those moments where the pet can't get to the target
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-12-10 at 08:37 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

i mean bm is fine. it has the best sustained aoe in the game. its one of the best mythic + specs in the game and soon to be very good in pvp with the return of traps. you cant have it all, and nor should you. pet pathing and a.i is nothing new to legion. you should have known well in advance before investing into bm that they would be crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    i mean bm is fine. it has the best sustained aoe in the game. its one of the best mythic + specs in the game and soon to be very good in pvp with the return of traps. you cant have it all, and nor should you. pet pathing and a.i is nothing new to legion. you should have known well in advance before investing into bm that they would be crap.
    No, BM is not fine. You saying it is fine does not make it fine. The fact that your posts ends with conceding that the pathing and pet AI is "crap" contradicts 'BM is fine'.

BM is not broken or unplayable by any means, but fine? Lolno.

Blizzard is a world-class game development studio. The fact they can't get something as basic as 'pet gets from A to B without getting stuck on a rock' right is ridiculous and inexcusable. Expecting my pet to be able to move around the world isn't 'having it all' and frankly that argument is eleven kinds of stupid.

Oh and there's just a little more to WoW than AOEing trash in Mythic+. So being strong at that isn't an excuse to ignore the myriad of issues the spec has elsewhere.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-12-10 at 08:43 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, BM is not fine. You saying it is fine does not make it fine. The fact that your posts ends with conceding that the pathing and pet AI is "crap" contradicts 'BM is fine'.

Blizzard is a world-class game development studio. The fact they can't get something as basic as 'pet gets from A to B without getting stuck on a rock' right is ridiculous and inexcusable. Expecting my pet to be able to move around the world isn't 'having it all' and frankly that argument is eleven kinds of stupid.

Oh and there's just a little more to WoW than AOEing trash in Mythic+. So being strong at that isn't an excuse to ignore the myriad of issues the spec has elsewhere.
    I agree, and if they want each class (except DH) to have 3 specs, it is only fair to at least expect them to be more or less on par in regards to effort put in.. and to me it doesn't seem to be that at all..

BM is not fine. I use BM in raid and my trait is not aoe when play mythic + , with this trait we are not one of the best spec there. I love hunter but hate mele and caster only BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    BM needs fixing not tuning. Like I said they will probably get bandaid buffed to keep from falling any further behind. If there were actual changes being made we probably would have seen the first steps being taken already. BM is going to get a numbers pass and thats it. Still wont fix our terrible target swapping, limited talent choices. Not to mention BM already has lackluster scaling compared to MM since Weapon damage is practically worthless and our secondary stats are getting kicked in the junk.
    Thats all it really needs, some of the issues you bring up are intentional as a trade off for mobility, others can be fixed. BM doesnt need to be the best dps spec, it just needs to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Yet at the same time you haven't said in any way why it isn't 'fine'.

Pet path finding is worst off then it was in WoD and it feels a bit like BM is being put on the back burner with most other things like Ret's Buffs. There are bigger issues that needed to be fixed and still others like Demolock's DE being messy and unfun that they haven't even poked at yet.

Main thing I want fixed is pet path finding and BM's 35th gold gives them a +5% buff in everything but KC and TT due to a bug (last checked last Tuesday still active). I'm not asking that pet path finding be insane levels of good or anything but in some fights like the chess event in new Kara the pets AI just does nothing, your pet will just sit there and not move and to get it to attack you have to dismiss it and then summon it on top of what you need it to attack only to have to move it again right away. (Other fights like MoS and EN Renferal) bit of a issue when pets are most of BM's damage.

A buff to Hati's movement would be nice as sometimes Hati will dismiss itself while I run around with any kind of speed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Yet at the same time you haven't said in any way why it isn't 'fine'.
    Didn't he say in the post you are quoting that pet AI is bad?

Deleted
    What you on about OP?

They buffed multi shot/beast cleave via blink strikes.. I am very happy for this because my aoe damage is so poor atm..

Also they buffed one with the pack by 15%!! It's a shame we lost 5% crit but you can't have everything

Who cares about hati pathing and dire beast stacks? We have traps back! Tar trap will be useful on adds vs helya

BM only did respectable damage because of stampede in WoD, stampede was just mongo damage. The new stampede kinda just sucks, and its on the same tier as our only real single target talent.