10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for the first down intercept/turnover.

That drive took way to long.

- - - Updated - - -

Well turned out to be a closer game than it appeared in the first half, but not enough in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible clock management by Baltimore.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Raven's D is no fucking joke. Flacco looked good tonight as well.

Happy the Pats won but we've been playing loose all season. That HAS to change.

Brady. Thank you, Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens games. Always close, always dramatic. I hope to hell the Patriots don't have to go up against them in the post season, cause these are some of the worst nerve games of the season.

I'm glad I wasn't planning on sleeping any time soon, cause I wouldn't be able to if I wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ravens games. Always close, always dramatic.
    Historically speaking, Miami plays us hard too.

Gotta respect good match-ups in the NFL. It's one thing to beat up on the Jets or the Niners, but it's a real treat to see a competitive match-up regardless of outcome.

GG, Baltimore.

Glad the Ravens lost, leaves Denver as the 6 seed for now. Pretty sure it is Baltimore wins the tie breaker over Denver, Denver wins it over Miami, so the more games they lose the better. Miami has Bills/Jets/NE, Baltimore has Eagles/Steelers/Bengals, and Denver has murderers row. Miami seems to be in the drivers seat for the 6 seed unless Matt Moore is extremely bad. Kind of weird and would not have expected that. Then again, having 4 games against the Bills/Jets and getting the Browns, 49ers and Rams this year it probably should have been.

A few notes:

We still won't run the ball, four total rushes in the first half. I know we were behind most of the game, but even before we fell behind we didn't run it.

Our secondary gets very suspect with Jimmy Smidt out, happened second half against Giants, against Cowboys and again today.

Our offense needs to come out faster, it becomes bloody fucking hard to win when your offense only plays in the fourth quarter.

Our path to the playoffs is now either: win out and take the division, or win two of three and hope Dolphins and Broncos win at most one each and Texans and Titans can't tie.
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2016-12-13 at 05:13 AM. Reason: forgot ties

10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco threw the ball 52 times. Not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    A few notes:

We still won't run the ball, four total rushes in the first half. I know we were behind most of the game, but even before we fell behind we didn't run it.

Our secondary gets very suspect with Jimmy Smidt out, happened second half against Giants, against Cowboys and again today.

Our offense needs to come out faster, it becomes bloody fucking hard to win when your offense only plays in the fourth quarter.

Our path to the playoffs is now either: win out and take the division, or win two of three and hope Dolphins and Broncos win at most one each and Texans and Titans can't tie.
    Especially the no rushing was odd. Patriots aren't especially good at stopping the run, and Kenneth Dixon was almost impossible to bring down, on several occasions tonight.

I predict Dixon will be a huge benefit for you guys in the coming years.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Jaguars got called for Delay of Game on the kickoff. If you were not familiar with the fact that was even possible that's not that strange. The last time the penalty got called was 18 years ago...

You have to be a special kind of bad to let that happen. I'm almost 100% sure the Jags coaching staff is gone after this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @Northern Goblin, it's official: https://twitter.com/espnsutcliffe/st...81746161438721

Mexico here we come. Monday night football Patriots at Raiders in 2017.

Evidently Denver's play calling and game planning has been a collaborative effort between Kubiak, Dennison and Knapp. No wonder it has been so horrendous if you have 1 person set in a system no matter what players he has that hasn't been updated since the 90s, his personal assistant (I seriously have no idea what Dennison ever actually does), and someone that shouldn't be near any part of an offense other than the QBs. Too bad Alex Gibbs is retired. He was basically Shanahan's keeper when he did some of the things Kubiak does.

At least CJ Anderson could be back as early as the Chiefs game. Hopefully that isn't too late.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots aren't especially good at stopping the run
    Wait for next week, won't even need to because Booker just runs into his lineman and stops himself instead of cutting into the running lanes. I really don't understand why he has had so many issues when he was good at blitz pickups and finding holes in college. Guess it just shows how much faster the NFL is.

YUSH! Jags- Ravens in London next year, will definitely try to go to that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The London games look absolute dogshit next year, will go to the Vikes-Browns game to support my mate... and wind up Minnesota fans by reminding them they passed on the better quarterback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The London games look absolute dogshit next year, will go to the Vikes-Browns game to support my mate... and wind up Minnesota fans by reminding them they passed on the better quarterback.
    Teddy might not even be playing then. Not heard anything about him lately, but until further notice I'm going to assume that he may never play football again. That wasn't just any knee injury.

The NFL finally figured out people were catching on to what they were doing with the pink October stuff, and will no longer be doing it.

I don't mind those 4 London games, means I won't miss anything by them being too early for me to watch.

Unless they were exagerating how bad Bridgewater's knee injury was, I would be extremely surprised if he comes back next year. Knee injuries that bad usually end careers in any sport.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-12-13 at 08:34 PM.

Players with concussion related injuries can now get million dollar payments from the NFL..

This could cost the NFL big time.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ion-settlement

Now, with the final legal challenge over, payouts to individual players can begin.

The settlement will pay medical and other benefits to players who suffered concussions and related injuries and could cost the NFL up to $1 billion over 65 years depending on how much the league ends up paying to each of the more than 20,000 former players covered,

Could the NFL now change the tackling rules, and may they make Rugby like tackles mandatory ?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals release Mike Nugent.

Thanks for the 7 years Nuge. Wish it would've ended better.

Those kicks in OT against the Seahawks gave me a heart attack last year. DOINK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Players with concussion related injuries can now get million dollar payments from the NFL..
    Except not. This is ONLY for old time players, NOT for new ones. This is an already established group and the amount the NFL will have to pay is now settled, it won;t get any bigger.

Interesting stat from ESPN:

Before Sunday in Green Bay, the Seahawks had gone 85 games since they last lost by more than 10 points, an NFL record.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw