Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Ok ? bunch of account sharing dudes with 890+ clear DHT with easy as fuck affixes ?

man thats sound realy interesting.

(no i cant do it nor am i even interested in doing so)
    Hahahahaha, you know

Guess they can only compete in Dungeons to get world firsts. Raid WF are for Method after all

How much health and damage do mobs have in +20?

Deleted
    Ok ? bunch of account sharing dudes with 890+ clear DHT with easy as fuck affixes ?

oh wow thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

why do you say they are account sharing? Do you have any proof? Yes fragnance is advertising blazingboost but can you actually proof that he's accplaying people? no? I thought so.

Deleted

Exploited cos +19 2nd boss to by 1 shooting 2 of the mini bosses

Now when 7.1.5 hits we'll see some Vengance DH's at the top, assuming they don't nerf them through the floor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Guess they can only compete in Dungeons to get world firsts. Raid WF are for Method after all
    Not even in dungs they got it, kek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post

why do you say they are account sharing? Do you have any proof? Yes fragnance is advertising blazingboost but can you actually proof that he's accplaying people? no? I thought so.
    yeah because people like fragnance & co never account shared in the past its such a well hidden secret man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They really should add a FoS for realm firsts in +5 increments. Because not too long and +15 won't be that hard.
    +15 is already easy depending on affixes and dungeon, that being said fuck rng realm first achievements. Oh your 15 key rolled halls of valor? sucks2bu go get a new one. (yes I know HoV is doable with the right comp.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    China finished +20 before them, their +20 WF isn't even first the title is just wrong because people do no research before they post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post

All top guilds account share for raids etc, that is what he is referring too.

The title is technically correct because it implies it's a world first +20 Darkheart Thicket. Good work by them, even if it isn't world first +20.

Quote Originally Posted by seemsdead View Post
    Yeah seems like the +20 VOW on the Chinese server is done few days earlier too. Didn't think it was possible with a Blood DK.
    I'm not sure why people still think Blood is bad, it's shit at handling certain mechanics which would normally one shot you on live (like Odyn Spears) but it's in no way any worst than the other tanking specs (let's just ignore Guardian because it's blatantly hilariously overpowered). Same shit with Brewmaster's and the community perception they get, could be that a large majority of players that actually play Blood are shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    Exploited cos +19 2nd boss to by 1 shooting 2 of the mini bosses
    This falls in the grey area. Abusing DH mastery bug is more concerning. They fixed this type of exploit early in Cata, but I guess the new hero class is allowed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I'm not sure why people still think Blood is bad, it's shit at handling certain mechanics which would normally one shot you on live (like Odyn Spears) but it's in no way any worst than the other tanking specs (let's just ignore Guardian because it's blatantly hilariously overpowered). Same shit with Brewmaster's and the community perception they get, could be that a large majority of players that actually play Blood are shit though.
    This, my main is BrM and whilst we aren't as strong as the clearly OP'd Paladin/Guardian combo, its perfectly viable and i've cleared +16 thus far (not actually pushed higher as I'm not that bothered) the only thing I think we struggle in is single target as even my cleave is pretty decent.

I'm not sure why people still think Blood is bad
    it's shit at handling certain mechanics which would normally one shot you on live (like Odyn Spears) but it's in no way any worst than the other tanking specs
    I mean, some people consider getting 1shot by tank mechanics to be an issue when playing a tank.

1. They are vulnerable when tanking multiple adds or even fast ticking dots because they chew through the bone shield charges too quickly.
    2. The reactive nature of their active mitigation (death strike) can lead to deaths against hard hitting bosses/mechanics (they are especially weak against infrequent very hard hitting abilities that need to be heavily mitigated like Cenarius Nightmare Spears or Odyn Spears).
    3. Very low mobility compared to most other tanks.

I play several tank classes and used a DK in an alt run to tank Il'gynoth for the mass grip. I also took him on some weaker bosses (Nythendra, Dragons) to gear up a bit this reset, but I'm pretty sure I would have huge issue surviving on Ursoc or Cenarius if I had to bring the DK instead of my warrior.

I'm not saying that DKs are terrible. Obviously the margin is low enough that you can tank on any tank and make do if you aren't in a guild that shoots for high ranks and min-maxes their composition.
    DKs also have some strong areas:
    1. High damage/threat in both single target and aoe situations.
    2. They overgear content quicker than other tanks. Even a dozen extra ilvls can make you go from getting 1shot to completely self-sustained and not even needing a healer. (There is a reason why they are known for being the most capable soloing class.)
    3. Grips and mass grip are extremely useful on some bosses.

If you look at what the advantages and disadvantages of DK tanks are though, you can see why they are consider weaker for high end progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    This, my main is BrM and whilst we aren't as strong as the clearly OP'd Paladin/Guardian combo, its perfectly viable and i've cleared +16 thus far (not actually pushed higher as I'm not that bothered) the only thing I think we struggle in is single target as even my cleave is pretty decent.
    The thing is, if it is one class, you can say that it's just them being OP.
    When there are half of the classes or more (druids, warriors, paladins) at a certain level, it's no longer an outlier, it's the new norm.
    Last edited by Meiffert; 2016-12-13 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    I mean, some people consider getting 1shot by tank mechanics to be an issue when playing a tank.

1. They are vulnerable when tanking multiple adds or even fast ticking dots because they chew through the bone shield charges too quickly.
    2. The reactive nature of their active mitigation (death strike) can lead to deaths against hard hitting bosses/mechanics (they are especially weak against infrequent very hard hitting abilities that need to be heavily mitigated like Cenarius Nightmare Spears or Odyn Spears).

I play several tank classes and used a DK in an alt run to tank Il'gynoth for the mass grip. I also took him on some weaker bosses (Nythendra, Dragons) to gear up a bit this reset, but I'm pretty sure I would have huge issue surviving on Ursoc or Cenarius if I had to bring the DK instead of my warrior.

I'm not saying that DKs are terrible. Obviously the margin is low enough that you can tank on any tank and make do if you aren't in a guild that shoots for high ranks and min-maxes their composition.
    DKs also have some strong areas:
    1. High damage/threat in both single target and aoe situations.
    2. They overgear content quicker than other tanks. Even a dozen extra ilvls can make you go from getting 1shot to completely self-sustained and not even needing a healer. (There is a reason why they are known for being the most capable soloing class.)
    3. Grips and mass grip are extremely useful on some bosses.

If you look at what the advantages and disadvantages of DK tanks are though, you can see why they are consider weaker for high end progression.

The thing is, if it is one class, you can say that it's just them being OP.
    When there are half of the classes or more (druids, warriors, paladins) at a certain level, it's no longer an outlier, it's the new norm.
    True I mean originally it was just them two but I mean its still Guardian/Prot > Warrior > V.DH/B.DK/BrM if only really taking M+ into account and looking at damage done vs mitigation, there is many factors but tank damage obviously matters at that level so finding a balance. I think BrM is solid for mitigation elements but suffers in the damage front, can't touch a paladins single target.

They are world first that completed a +20 in time
    http://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus

Deleted

Hm, I wonder what you would have said during the first moon landing on TV...
    "OK? A bunch of guys flew a couple of miles and jumped out in low gravity setting. Man, that sounds really interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post

only part that's somewhat relevant to what you've listed is the mobility, and there's no fights which really pose much of an issue currently. DS being AM against infrequent abilities is irrelevent, esp against the abilities you've listed. on progress you'd likely take 2-3 spears on Cenarius (I'm speaking early progress when it wasn't really feasible to zerg it), no idea when you killed it. in which you could get a BoP for two of them and RT + PS or sac for the second one. You don't even need externals for Odyn Spears if you're taking the ones that don't line up with the Marks and you're running SD with RT. In fact, the most recent kill on Odyn I tanked I wouldn't of come close to dying to any of the Spears had I not needed to stack PS with one of my personal CDs due to our other tank dying which caused me to face tank a Spear.

Bone Shield has a 2s icd, most bosses chew through your charges at a pretty similar rate as tanking multiple mobs.

I'm not saying DKs are the be all, end all. But saying they're significantly worst than any of the other tanks (excluding Druids) is just silly, even when you're not massively overgearing content the difference is barely noticable. But as I said before, I think Blood gets a lot of bad community perception because there's very little room for error, and it's very evident looking at logs from people that the skill gap between people playing Blood can be quite big.

The buffs on the PTR will probably solidify the spec for NH though, the multiple small buffs the spec has received along with the new Legendaries have made it quite an enjoyable spec to play as it actually gives you breathing room if you or your Healers fall behind.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2016-12-13 at 10:52 AM.

@hasslehoof

Thanks for your perspective. I don't really think that any tanks are not viable. We have a DH ourselves and it kinda works.

One could argue though that if you need BoP or PS for every spear, while other tanks don't need anything, they are in a better spot. Maybe with two "weak" tank classes you wouldn't have enough externals to go around.
    The difficulty of playing properly is another thing to consider. Both warrior and DK are alts for me and I'm sure I make less mistakes on a warrior simply because there isn't that much room for them.
    Most players aren't playing at 100 % of their character's potential and as a result the simpler tank classes will perform better. That is even more problematic right now because at least in my opinion it's the easier classes that are also objectively slightly better.

I agree that both DKs and monks have a worse reputation that what the reality is. The tank balance is certainly better than it used to be in previous expansions (for example paladins in the first two tiers of MoP or monks in BRF were way more out of line).

It's a combination of the same classes being marginally better, while also being easier to play and preferred by the top guilds.

Bone Shield has a 2s icd, most bosses chew through your charges at a pretty similar rate as tanking multiple mobs.
    This surprised me, I could have sworn that sometimes I'm using all runes on Marrowrend and it's still dropping off, while on other bosses I can spam HS all day long, because I'm sitting at 8+ charges. Not really sure what's causing it, I though it was more frequent damage going my way.