Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Dont know in what world you are living if you thought that killing harpies and cracking nuts would net you bis gear in a month.
    I said it was near impossible, not that it's guaranteed, cause that would be "nuts".

Even doing mythic raids wouldn't net you FULL BIS gear in a month considering sockets or tertiary stats. Gear trading/split raid concept increase the odds immensely but on your own drops, slim chance.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-13 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    And why do these people need better gear if they aren't doing challenging content?
    Though a progression tool, it is also the games reward system.

Gear is an increasing reward system to keep you playing.

Higher difficulty give a higher reward, the reason why is obvious. What he is saying is that WQ players are hitting that 845 cap on gear and want more increasing reward, it should keep going up so they are not forced to do more difficult content to get rewarded. This isn't fair to complain as they can still obtain titanforged but the Mythic players will hit the 895 cap a lot sooner which gives them less chances at reward compared to WQ players. So the real group that should complain are those top guilds, they see the game differently as gear is a progression tool and not a reward though.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    if you dont enjoy content. why u need gear for it then?
    Sorry to pick on you Allora, but you're the most recent person to make this inane comment.

Blizzard increases the difficulty of ALL content along the length of an expansion. The WQs we do now will be easier than the WQs we need to do on the Broken Shore which will be easier than the open world content in Argus.

So it doesn't matter what you're doing (well, maybe not pet battles), there's always a need for gear that increases your relative strength.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    The best gear will always be from group content. Sorry if you feel you are forced. But this is how it will always bee. There are plent of good options for gear ranging from quests to raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Sorry to pick on you Allora, but you're the most recent person to make this inane comment.

Blizzard increases the difficulty of ALL content along the length of an expansion. The WQs we do now will be easier than the WQs we need to do on the Broken Shore which will be easier than the open world content in Argus.

So it doesn't matter what you're doing (well, maybe not pet battles), there's always a need for gear that increases your relative strength.
    np. i just dont understand how someone could want good gear for doing the easyest content in game. And if hes doing only that content he should get the gear adequate to it. Which that is what he gets now. if he wants better gear he needs to do more difficult content.

today WQ starts at 800 ilvl upto 845 i think. in next patch which surrely adds new WQ and those rewards be 845-higher number, in 7.3 the same thing. so nobody could want 880ilvl gear from WQ now. and if he does hes hypocrite.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2016-12-13 at 03:17 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Soon some of you mythic raiders will probably say, that 7.2 artifact knowledge above AK25 needs to be a mythic end boss drop right cause it's too easy to get a weapon to 35 (+15 new added traits) ???

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Nobody is forced to do content, but people who do higher content have still a problem somehow with WQ gear being below normal raids.

Honor and justice points gear has been going up in the past with content patches, this is similar.

And once again if a random battleground win can give you 855 next week season 2, whats the issue with a WQ giving 855 when nighthold is out when people can attain 905 mythic base.
    That is what I am saying, no one is forced. The comment I replied to is the one commenting on being forced.

I am not sure if your reply should be aimed at my comment. I said nothing about WQ not being increased when Nighthold releases, I am fine with that as it creates a catch up mechanic and if everyone else gets an increased reward then so should WQ.

My whole reply was based off someone complaining that they are forced to do more difficult content if they want a higher ilvl reward.

I am not sure if you randomly picked my comment to fire off your thoughts, I have done that in the past so I understand. I am not sure what your reply really has to do with my comment though.

Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    Then they shouldn't be playing this game lol.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Now that we've established that a difference of opinion exists,

we can now focus on explaining exactly why world quest rewards being irrelevant makes the game better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Then they shouldn't be playing this game lol.
    Keep saying that and soon you will have nobody to play with. Stop taking wow's playerbase for granted. It backfires.

If you're not interested in M+ and raiding, you really have no use for gear beyond 850 anyway

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    The comment I replied to is the one commenting on being forced.

I am not sure if your reply should be aimed at my comment. I said nothing about WQ not being increased when Nighthold releases, I am fine with that as it creates a catch up mechanic and if everyone else gets an increased reward then so should WQ.

My whole reply was based off someone complaining that they are forced to do more difficult content if they want a higher ilvl reward.

I am not sure if you randomly picked my comment to fire off your thoughts, I have done that in the past so I understand. I am not sure what your reply really has to do with my comment though.
    Wasn't meant as personal direction, sorry , should have quoted the original guy instead.

Soon some of you mythic raiders will probably say, that 7.2 artifact knowledge above AK25 needs to be a mythic end boss drop right cause it's too easy to get a weapon to 35 (+15 new added traits) ???
    Nope, but that's a nice strawman you got there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    So wq are not going to scale anymore which means after 850 there is really no more reason to do them..they need to raise cap..I'm just speaking about gear..nothing else..that's just sad.
    No please. Stop the TF crap from WQ so i can stop doing them. Yeah noone is forcing me blahblahblah.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    If you're not interested in M+ and raiding, you really have no use for gear beyond 850 anyway
    So what if someone wants to change their mind and get into raiding or mythic+? should they be stuck at 850 when mythic+ already ask for much higher.

(please don't say make your own group as that's just an internet meme at this point)

My main reason I don't raid is cause my already low pop server is pretty much dead or other faction dominated, and until blizz says something about server mergers or using gold to transfer, I'm not wasting money for nothing.

Just because I play the game differently, and will most likely never be at mythic raid itemlevel, does not mean blizzard hasn't made the game for those people, in fact I bet they would lose millions of subs if they don't update WQ or LFR each new raid, as being stuck at 870ish when 7.3 has theoritical normal raid 900+ gear is fun?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Not gonna lie, the only reason why I do them is because they "seem" to have a higher drop chance for legendaries.

A reddit poll, came about something like 10-20% of all the people who took it, got their first/second legendary from a cache (me included with ret ring and lolneck)

Whether this is true or false, it seems like they are the best way to get them (as someone who weekly clear N/H EN, 4/7 Mythic and do multiple M+ a week)
    From my anecdotic example, this also seems to fit. I got 5 legendaries on 4 characters, and 3 come from emissary chests, 1 from LFR and one from a WQ raid-scaled rare in Suramar. As far as I know, the legendaries from my guild buddies also come from emissary chests. So I do these and farm some honour and do occasional other WQs which fancy me at the moment. I am comfortable with an item level of about 860 now on my better equipped characters, and since I don't plan to venture into organised endgame content, I am OK with that level of gear. I still have 7 classes to get to max level and 9 classes to get the OH sets (and later the mounts), for example.

Beside that: I hate the whole RNG lottery with WF/TF and random legendaries. I would rather work on a set path for my legendaries, like I work in building up my artifact weapons, so I know that I get a certain result after a dedicated time investment. With gear from WQs I would expect kinda the same as we already had before - that when time passes by, the rewards get an upgrade, so this gear is in the base item level slightly below or en par with the current LFR item level. TI and Tanaan gear was quite fine in that regard.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-12-13 at 03:31 PM.

Well, you could do WQs and emissary quests - you can get pretty good drops via WF/TF upgrades. Also the emissary cache can have legendaries etc.

Lots of stuff to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Why is it that only M+/raiding characters are allowed to improve their characters? Is this some bylaw ?

Nothing wrong with anyone getting character improvement - as long as they put the work into what ever content they enjoy.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you don't need better equipment. If you don't intent on stronger foes to be in your path, then better equipment isn't a primary priority. And we don't know yet, if 7.2, or 7.3 is even going to bring newer, or just a new set of quests.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    From my anecdotic example, this also seems to fit. I got 5 legendaries on 4 characters, and 3 come from emissary chests, 1 from LFR and one from a WQ raid-scaled rare in Suramar. As far as I know, the legendaries from my guild buddies also come from emissary chests. So I do these and farm some honour and do occasional other WQs which fancy me at the moment. I am comfortable with an item level of about 860 now on my better equipped characters, and since I don't plan to venture into organised endgame content, I am OK with that level of gear. I still have 7 classes to get to max level and 9 classes to get the OH sets (and later the mounts), for example.
    I play the same way this expansion as I came back after a 3 year break, to see the classes and order halls, and honor talents, and mostly gear via world quests and world bosses and some pvp drops.

4 legendaries, 3 characters, 3 from cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then you don't need better equipment. If you don't intent on stronger foes to be in your path, then better equipment isn't a primary priority.
    Then what IS the priority of character progression? With that logic you don't NEED artifact above 35 points either, and reps eventually cap out, and 1 time quest run out as well at some point.

Please don't say alts/old content or just collecting gold/mounts/pets/transmogs/achievements or doing higher content

I just want to know the thinking here.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-13 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then you don't need better equipment. If you don't intent on stronger foes to be in your path, then better equipment isn't a primary priority. And we don't know yet, if 7.2, or 7.3 is even going to bring newer, or just a new set of quests.
    I thought we went over this already Gehco. You know better.

So what if someone wants to change their mind and get into raiding or mythic+? should they be stuck at 850 when mythic+ already ask for much higher.

(please don't say make your own group as that's just an internet meme at this point)
    To be fair, what you're saying here is "please don't give the obvious solution". You're right that it is almost a meme at this point, but the reason it gets said so much is because it is an obvious answer.