Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Yes it is lmao! Synonyms for consent.
    Acceptance of a potential outcome is not the same as acceptance of an eventuality.

I can consent to being dropped out of a plane (go sky diving) while accepting that there is a risk that I will die, but that does not mean that I have consented to being killed. That does not give someone licence to push me out of the plane without my parachute for example.

If someone consents to having protected sex, while understanding that there is still a risk of pregnancy, the expected result of the encounter is that no pregnancy occurs. That is the result you have consented to, even if you recognize that there is a risk it will turn out differently.
    To borrow your synonym. You have "given the thumbs up", "accepted", "approved", "given permission" to having sex. It is the sex which you have given this affirmation to. Not pregnancy. Even if you recognize the risk thereof, you have not given approval for it to happen.

Even though "permission", and "authorization" are both synonyms of consent, I'm sure you can recognize that you cannot substitute those words into all of the same places. There is nuanced difference to their meaning.

You'll notice that the definition of synonym, "a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close." does not require that the words share the exact same meaning. It can just be similar meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    So if I rear end you, you consented to the car accident and won't sue me?
    I will definitely sue you, but I consented to the risks of being in an accident.

I can see what you are confused. You seem have been gone for a few pages. It has become hypothetical.
    Still doesn't address that THOUSANDS of women died every year before abortion was legalized. Which is why HomeHoney and others are saying that if a woman wants an abortion, even if illegal, they will still do it. Which is why in certain countries that already have it outlawed or heavily regulated, they tend to have higher mortality rates of women simply because they chose to do back alley abortions and they can often kill a woman because they botched it or gave a woman an infection that resulted in their death because they aren't sanitary.

But you wouldn't know that because you are going off purely emotion and not the reasons why we have legal abortions.

I will definitely sue you, but I consented to the risks of being in an accident.
    I will definitely abort, but I consented to the risk of becoming pregnant.

So you admit that consenting to a risk and consenting to the outcome aren't the same thing?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Still doesn't address that THOUSANDS of women died every year before abortion was legalized. Which is why HomeHoney and others are saying that if a woman wants an abortion, even if illegal, they will still do it. Which is why in certain countries that already have it outlawed or heavily regulated, they tend to have higher mortality rates of women simply because they chose to do back alley abortions and they can often kill a woman because they botched it or gave a woman an infection that resulted in their death because they aren't sanitary.

But you wouldn't know that because you are going off purely emotion and not the reasons why we have legal abortions.
    I'm going off purely emotion while you mention death in the exact same post. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    So you admit that consenting to a risk and consenting to the outcome aren't the same thing?
    I just said I consented to the risks of being in an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going off purely emotion while you mention death in the exact same post. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I just said I consented to the risks of being in an accident.
    1. So you're saying that it's OK for women to end up dead but not a fetus -- That's hypocrisy

2. Right you consented to the risks of being in an accident and by suing NineSpine for running into you means you are being a hypocrite. You're taking action against someone who did something to you that you were OK with when you got behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    1. So you're saying that it's OK for women to end up dead but not a fetus -- That's hypocrisy

2. Right you consented to the risks of being in an accident and by suing NineSpine for running into you means you are being a hypocrite. You're taking action against someone who did something to you that you were OK with when you got behind the wheel.
    That's a risk THEY are going to have to take if they want to kill someone else. How does that not make sense? "Uhhh guys, I want to legally kill someone else, please make it so"

And no, it does not make me a hypocrite. The hypocritical part is NineSpine not saying he should be killed for running into me. Suing insures my accident is fixed without any killing of any individual. Try again.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-12-13 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a risk THEY are going to have to take if they want to kill someone else. How does that not make sense? "Uhhh guys, I don't want to legally kill someone else, please make it so"
    Quit deflecting -- Your entire argument with HomeHoney has been that she is consenting to the risks of having sex, and by being pregnant she should not be able to have an abortion (an act on something that by your standards was already acceptable).

When you take an action against NineSpine even after you consented to the risks of getting into an accident by getting into a car you're demonstrating that it's OK to take action but only in instances that you think are OK...it's blatant hypocrisy.

You seem to think a Fetus is somehow a person...it's not...and if you want to go by your first claim that life beings at conception I want to know if I get to charge you and your female counterpart with murder and accomplice to murder if she takes the morning after pill?

It's quiet apparent that people for abortion own their the human inside of them. Fucking hard stuff I suppose. Scream ignorance all you want. Doesn't change logical reasoning.
    If you are claiming that you are having anything logical, then I have a fucking bridge to sell you to add to the ignorance that you are spouting in this thread. Not really surprising considering your previous posts you have made in other threads. Not only are you a constitution hating alt-right fascist but you are now a woman hating alt-right fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It does? I haven't actually read all of it. And it was a long time ago when I have read maybe somewhat over half of old testament, and new.
    There aren't any explicit references to abortion in the Old or New Testaments. For centuries, Catholic and Protestant theologians centered the abortion debate on what used to be called "Quickening" - the first time a pregnant woman felt fetal movement, which varies a great deal from pregnancy to pregnancy - and this is in large part due to the fact that most Christian theologians stole a lot of their ideas from Aristotle.

Quit deflecting -- Your entire argument with HomeHoney has been that she is consenting to the risks of having sex, and by being pregnant she should not be able to have an abortion (an act on something that by your standards was already acceptable).

When you take an action against NineSpine even after you consented to the risks of getting into an accident by getting into a car you're demonstrating that it's OK to take action but only in instances that you think are OK...it's blatant hypocrisy.

You seem to think a Fetus is somehow a person...it's not...and if you want to go by your first claim that life beings at conception I want to know if I get to charge you and your female counterpart with murder and accomplice to murder if she takes the morning after pill?
    How is it deflecting? Please point out in the car scenario where someone dies. Then get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    There aren't any explicit references to abortion in the Old or New Testaments. For centuries, Catholic and Protestant theologians centered the abortion debate on what used to be called "Quickening" - the first time a pregnant woman felt fetal movement, which varies a great deal from pregnancy to pregnancy - and this is in large part due to the fact that most Christian theologians stole a lot of their ideas from Aristotle.
    Isn't there a recipe for abortion juice IN the bible?

Like dust and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If you are claiming that you are having anything logical, then I have a fucking bridge to sell you to add to the ignorance that you are spouting in this thread. Not really surprising considering your previous posts you have made in other threads. Not only are you a constitution hating alt-right fascist but you are now a woman hating alt-right fascist.
    I would love to buy your bridge. Yeah, I hate my wife. Ask her. Same with my daughter. If you are trying to use alt-right derogatory here since all you do in most threads is personally attack people, good luck. Not really offended by ignorant tools. Which is hilarious, since the only time I have ever said my political affiliation has been, "people label me republican because of my religious beliefs, but don't have an understanding of them, nor know how many things I think are good democratic candidates offer." So what am I again. Alt-right? Like right alt key on my keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Yes, there is. In fact mary was forced to take the abortion juice, but didnt abort, cuz jeezus was a shaman and purged the debuff
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

pretty much, if the "abortion" goes through then god wanted that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it deflecting? Please point out in the car scenario where someone dies. Then get back to me.
    So no actual argument and circular logic about the fetus being a person...

Please point out in the car scenario where someone dies.
    Car accidents can cause people to die. Stop driving them if you don't want to run the risk of killing someone.

So no actual argument and circular logic about the fetus being a person...
    Did someone die in the car scenario?

That is not an emotional post, that is the truth. Mentioning death doesn't make it emotional. That post I made is 100% truth.

Before Roe V Wade, there were 200,000-1.2 million abortions performed a year. As many as 5000 women died from these illegal medically unsafe abortions. Today, less than 0.6 people die per 100,000 abortions made. Which means that if you take the 1.2 million figure, only 6 people would have died total. Compared to 5000 a year, yeah, I will take legal abortions over the possibility of thousands of women dying a year. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/he...egal-abortion/