Thread: Legendary Nerfs

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is a fantastic change. I do feel for those who were towering above the rest because of course that's a great place to be, but a change like this was sorely needed. There should not be 60K dps increase legendaries sharing the same drop chance with -5K dps legendaries.

You shouldn't need that one great legendary or a couple decent legendaries to be competitive, and there were a lot of consequences at the higher end player base due to this problem. Blizzard recognizes this, and it's absolutely a great change.

Legendaries was a stupid system. RNG is fine, but this is, IMO, bad RNG.

DPS Legendaries were a horrible idea.

The only ones that should have existed are ones that add charges to your defensive abilities, self healings, reduction of Defensive abilities, speed increasers... MAYBE castable while moving abilities? Though this is kinda a DPS increaser, but yeah straight DPS upgrades were/are redumbded.

Na, system was fine. Softcap crap should have not been there, thats true, but everything else is fine. Perhaps rework some really shitty legendarys, but thats all (e.g. warlock portal ones or the ones from holy priests that only trigger when they die)

Good change.

The only people who might be upset about this are the dumpster tier players who got lucky with a legendary drop and are now realizing they're about to fall back to the bottom of the dps charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    define fun, losing to shit player on dps isnt fun just cus he won the rng lottery.
    The overall damage will be release on the really good ones, so if he has a BiS and you have Seljuk, if you're losing to him, that would make you a shittier player.

This idea that having a specific Legendary gives you god tier DPS is why they are being nerfed. They are a small DPS increase, they are not gonna make a 200K player a 400K player, maybe 215-200K at best and that is having the absolute best Legendary you can get.

this is the thread to kill all whiners

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Lol, I have a friend who is 865 with a legendary, I am 855, no legendary, I always out dps.

Legendary does not automatically mean you will out dps a good player
    You're seriously dimwitted if you think that you outDPSing your trash friend constitutes as a proof of the BiS legendaries not being brokenly overpowered. Just because your friend is trash and you're a little less trash than him in no way at all implies that players with no or shitty legendaries always have the possibility of outdamaging people with BiS ones.

In fact, the most basic logic dictates that on a somewhat equal playing field (i.e. none of the people is mentally handicapped or whatever) the person with a legendary that provides a 10% damage boost will naturally outdamage a person with no legendary or one that only provides a 5% damage increase. Of course this only holds true for groups of people who are on an about equal skill level and not for family&friends groups where you totally outdamage your grandpa inspite of him having BiS legendaries.

In before people who define all their self worth by what fictional numbers exist by their fictional name... Oh shit, wayyyy too late for that. Oh well.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Regorill View Post
    You obviously don't play at a boomkin
    You read my mind. It's closer to a 15% DPS increase for boomkin. I don't consider myself to be a shite player by any means, but this system has got to go. I have zero problems topping HPS meters in a Mythic EN clear, but in boomy I can't keep up with players in heroic ToV at or near ilvl873? Come on. I'm 884 equipped in boomy, 887 equipped resto. So don't tell me "BUT UR SKILLZ". Oh wait, it's because I don't have the ED or Bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Na, system was fine. Softcap crap should have not been there, thats true, but everything else is fine. Perhaps rework some really shitty legendarys, but thats all (e.g. warlock portal ones or the ones from holy priests that only trigger when they die)
    Uhm. "xy is fine" and then "should have not been there" contradicts each other.

You know what a system is? The system is good only if all parts of it are good. So, the current system is flawed.
    Yeah, either make all legendaries veeery close in strength, or the looting them should be predictable and within reach.
    The system now gives you 4 legendaries at best, and then you either suck it up or reroll. Is it a fine system? No, HELL no.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I remember the days when you were awarded your legendary by your guild and worked for it. Ah memories. I would of been fine not having any to begin with. =P
    and then when you got it and automatickly "/g cya suckers /gquit -> join much better progressed team"

ye amazing times indeed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Why would they compensate people ?
    Because you are pretty much taking gear away from people. If you are looking at getting people to quit, just removing stuff from them without any compensation, is proberly the best way
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good change, better to have ALL legendaries some use, then the 1-2 BIS in a pool of 15 or so (after 7.1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    You're seriously dimwitted if you think that you outDPSing your trash friend constitutes as a proof of the BiS legendaries not being brokenly overpowered. Just because your friend is trash and you're a little less trash than him in no way at all implies that players with no or shitty legendaries always have the possibility of outdamaging people with BiS ones.
    jezus those forums are amazing - he just give you a proof yet you are disputing it - purely amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    The overall damage will be release on the really good ones, so if he has a BiS and you have Seljuk, if you're losing to him, that would make you a shittier player.

This idea that having a specific Legendary gives you god tier DPS is why they are being nerfed. They are a small DPS increase, they are not gonna make a 200K player a 400K player, maybe 215-200K at best and that is having the absolute best Legendary you can get.
    I know the fire mage bracers alone are a 60K dps increase. Guy in our raid went from struggling to keep up with the hunters, DH's, etc. like the rest of us mages were, to sharing space with them near the top of the charts. That one legendary literally took fire mage from so-so in Emerald Nightmare to seriously competitive.

Similarly, a Diadem + Shard combo would propel a fire mage in much the same way, albeit to a slightly lesser extent.
    Last edited by mage21; 2016-12-14 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Really? That's what this is about? People really care about this? Dude no one cares about your dps. If your guild cares that much, they should be smart enough to know who has what legendaries.
    Nobody cares if that Mage without Legendary is a good Player if he does 100k less than the Guy with ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    THIS! SO MUCH THIS!
    /thread
    Yeah its pretty embarrassing they couldn't foresee the obvious. Its not like they were warned enough.

I wonder how much of their design workload they outsource?

I wonder why the refuse to hire decent designers?

The only thing that can be said for certain, is that the majority of the whiners will continue on about the legendary they don't have.

Even when it's nerfed from 15% to 3% upgrade whiners will never stop whining.

Good. Now if only they would remove the system that would be great.