Thread: Banned...again

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Banned...again

Ok seriously, what the fuck is going on here?

About 6 months ago, I got suspended for using third-party software. I haven't used bots or anything in over 2 years (I will fully admit I'm a botter). I had just come back from a several month hiatus from WoW. I paid my sub, and for about 10 days, all I did was post stuff to the AH. Clearing out banks and such in prep for legion. The ONLY thing I used was the TSM desktop app, and considering the addon gets constantly updated, I can't imagine it's a bannable offense.

Whatever. I wait out my 6 months. I used gold to get a token on one account and played it until it expired. This was a different account from the previously mentioned suspended one. I had no issues.

Four days ago, I decided to pay for a sub on the previously suspended account, now that it wasn't suspended. I started leveling one of my characters in Legion, and again, doing the AH thing with TSM. Last night, I got an email saying my account has been suspended for 6 months for the use of third-party software.

I'm done. Thank you WoW for finally helping me kick your habit. But seriously, this is goddamn frustrating. If I was actually botting, I'd take the suspension like a man. I always have in the past. But I'm playing 100% legit now. No rotation bots, no farming bots, no botting period. No hacks or keyboard macros or anything. And yet I still get a suspension. When I email Blizzard about it, they just tell me to fuck off.

That out of the way, I'm wanting to know, can any of you guys think of ANYTHING that can cause such a thing? Something running in the background of my computer? I've scanned for malware and viruses. The only thing running is TSM. I can't find anything at all in task manager that I can't readily either identify or track down.

What really blows my mind is that the second account went an entire month just fine. But the second I start up the first account again, it gets closed in a matter of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm guessing its the TSM desktop app. Do you leave it running when you are not at the comouter playing?

Deleted
    You're a botter. You have several accounts.. you're so fucking hooked man..
    lol for crying here.. delicious botter tears..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Ok seriously, what the fuck is going on here?

About 6 months ago, I got suspended for using third-party software. I haven't used bots or anything in over 2 years (I will fully admit I'm a botter). I had just come back from a several month hiatus from WoW. I paid my sub, and for about 10 days, all I did was post stuff to the AH. Clearing out banks and such in prep for legion. The ONLY thing I used was the TSM desktop app, and considering the addon gets constantly updated, I can't imagine it's a bannable offense.

Whatever. I wait out my 6 months. I used gold to get a token on one account and played it until it expired. This was a different account from the previously mentioned suspended one. I had no issues.

Four days ago, I decided to pay for a sub on the previously suspended account, now that it wasn't suspended. I started leveling one of my characters in Legion, and again, doing the AH thing with TSM. Last night, I got an email saying my account has been suspended for 6 months for the use of third-party software.

I'm done. Thank you WoW for finally helping me kick your habit. But seriously, this is goddamn frustrating. If I was actually botting, I'd take the suspension like a man. I always have in the past. But I'm playing 100% legit now. No rotation bots, no farming bots, no botting period. No hacks or keyboard macros or anything. And yet I still get a suspension. When I email Blizzard about it, they just tell me to fuck off.

That out of the way, I'm wanting to know, can any of you guys think of ANYTHING that can cause such a thing? Something running in the background of my computer? I've scanned for malware and viruses. The only thing running is TSM. I can't find anything at all in task manager that I can't readily either identify or track down.

What really blows my mind is that the second account went an entire month just fine. But the second I start up the first account again, it gets closed in a matter of days.
    For a second offence you should have gained a 18month ban, not a new 6months.

And about why it happend, no idea but I got the same problem a month ago or so, got my old account banned again this time without doing something since the last ban (that one I deserved for boting garison as it was boring the life out of me...). In my case my guess comes to either still having the old bot installed and not totaly removed or from Blizzard noticing something from the pokemon go bot I was runing that might have looked close enough to a wow bot for them to ban me.

I just did a google search and there are tons of people who have reported being banned at various times for using the TSM standalone application.

Personally I use the TSM addon but always get angry at TSM trying to force me to use their desktop app, i simply dont trust them and im certainly not going to agree to give them admin privlidges (which it reportedly asks for during installation).

Unfortunately i think your anger here should be directed at TSM not Blizzard.

Deleted
    ToS

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

what to say more. it seems TSM get 2 points.

I highly doubt it is the TSM addon that is causing the ban. The only thing the desktop app does is updating your files with the latest prices from the website.

My guess is the ones that claim that they have been banned for using TSM is most probably using something that is considered for a ban.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    I highly doubt it is the TSM addon that is causing the ban. The only thing the desktop app does is updating your files with the latest prices from the website.

My guess is the ones that claim that they have been banned for using TSM is most probably using something that is considered for a ban.
    Updating files with 3rd party interaction is a banable offense.......

OT: Yeah. Using 3rd party software is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    ToS

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post

Uhm nope, TSM is not an automation software (Wouldn't auctioneer and the underminejournal also been banned then?), and it does not modify any game files. Only thing it does is updating its own files with the latest prices that the in game addon use for comparison.

Hell, the UndermineJournal addon is doing the same thing, just that it is is updating less frequently.

I have been using TSM since... early days of Warlords of Draenor and still not received a ban.

So the ones claiming they have been banned for using TSM is not telling the whole story.
    Last edited by Perudo; 2016-12-15 at 08:22 AM.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

I'm not sure why you're surprised that Blizzard monitors the accounts of botters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, people use bots for some reason... I never wanted to use third-party stuff...

I wouldnt even cry if got banned for some reason

Btw I use Curse software to update my addons, I guess its really up to authorised ones.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    I have been using TSM Application since its inception (as have millions of players presumably), and no bans ever...

However I guess in case of an account previously banned for botting they might be stricter and not even tolerating TSM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Updating WoW files (like executable or anything in Data folder, e.g.) using anything - maybe, except all TSM desktop app does it updates AppData.lua file inside TradeSkillMaster_AppHelper addon folder with auctions data.
    Anybody claiming TSM app caused them ban either lie or have no idea what's going on their PC.

I've used TSM for well over a year (or longer) and it's never been an issue. I do not, however use the desktop app. Maybe that's the issue.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other thing I can think of is, I save my addon folder to a secondary HDD. Whenever I come back to WoW, I just copy it over, update through Curse, and play. I wonder if I have an addon left in there that might be associated with botting. I'll have to take a closer look.
    @Hulkirjan, lol, second offense, that's cute :-) This account has 8 suspensions under its belt. Blizzard stopped banning botters permanently a long time ago, they just throw suspensions at them indefinitely. Rather unfortunate that the last two, I wasn't even botting... >.>

You guys can hate on me all you want for being a botter, it doesn't bother me in the least. But you need to realize that I wasn't doing anything of the sort this time. Again, if I was, I would not be posting about it here. I'm not trying to get the account back or anything. I simply want to know what may be causing this since it isn't an actual bot this time. Blizzard refuses to tell me what it is they detected so I have no idea.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    Uhm nope, TSM is not an automation software (Wouldn't auctioneer and the underminejournal also been banned then?), and it does not modify any game files. Only thing it does is updating its own files with the latest prices that the in game addon use for comparison.

Hell, the UndermineJournal addon is doing the same thing, just that it is is updating less frequently.

I have been using TSM since... early days of Warlords of Draenor and still not received a ban.

So the ones claiming they have been banned for using TSM is not telling the whole story.
    "or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;" - Whatever Blizzard says is unauthorized, is unauthorized.

You having been banned or not, has 0 relevance to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banned, but didn't learn from the experience.. Returned and did exactly the same as before, thus you get banned again.

How is it unfair or hard to understand?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I've used TSM for well over a year (or longer) and it's never been an issue. I do not, however use the desktop app. Maybe that's the issue.
    The thing is though, the desktop app has an option for paying for some upgraded form. It's recommended by a lot of youtubers who do AH stuff, and it's a highly rated app. Like you, I've used TSM for a long time now, but I only started using the desktop app for the past year or so. I'm going to be rather annoyed if this stupid app is the reason I got hit...though I guess I will never find out.

Perma-ban would prevent us to read such pointless threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    ToS

^
    Good job Blizzard. We know they do their job when botters and cheaters show up on forums complaining about getting banned. There was someone else a few days ago complaining about being permanently banned for repeated violations. And since OP fully admits he is a botter...
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.