Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Check WoWHead for your notes, MMO are crap these days. 4% buff aura for us in the build.
    Yup 4% to BrM/WW o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    Yup 4% to BrM/WW o/
    seems laughable when Ret has 11%, Outlaw 7%, Sub 12%..

And it does not even affect Fists of Fury which is our main dmg..

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

It does effect Fists of Fury, and you can't look at these auras in a vacuum. With all the other changes to all the others specs, its possible the 4% is all WW needed. No one has enough information yet and changes are FAR from being final.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137025/windwalker-monk
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I'm pretty sure the ret aura is that high because they're losing Might, which is a huge chunk of their dmg sooooo lol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    It does effect Fists of Fury, and you can't look at these auras in a vacuum. With all the other changes to all the others specs, its possible the 4% is all WW needed. No one has enough information yet and changes are FAR from being final.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137025/windwalker-monk
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=258410/7...endary-updates
    Effect #1 Apply Aura: Modifies Damage/Healing Done
    Value: 4%
    Affected Spells:
    Blackout Kick Tiger Palm Song of Chi-Ji
    Chi Burst Whirling Dragon Punch Refreshing Jade Wind
    Rushing Jade Wind Rising Sun Kick Blackout Strike
    Strike of the Windlord

It does not list FoF as affected.

Deleted
    Affected Spells:
    Strike of the Windlord

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambosaur View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ret aura is that high because they're losing Might, which is a huge chunk of their dmg sooooo lol?
    They are losing BoM as you said which can easily be 10% of their damage but on top of such, both they BiS legendaries (game breaking at that) are getting nurfed along the many others but Ret is up there in terms of Unholy DK for how game changing they are along with an insane synergy.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why the core kit of tanks regarding ways to deal damage is so different. Between drood/paladin/warrior (with their new vengeance in 7.1.5) and BDK/VDH/Monk. I'd say DK is a bit closer to the 3 others than VDH or monk but I still don't understand why blackout strike isn't a cleave-like ability (idk, give it the SotW treatment if that would be too op but considering what drood or paladins can dish out that wouldn't even strike me as broken). It's not like the "new diffuse magic" (which is now shit compared to the other 2) is an answer to the huge difference between brew damage and some others tanks (because tank damage in a game where mythic + exists is an important matter).

PS : even though noone plays mistweaver, the few that expressed issues with mana cost were not thinking at RSK manacost that was oppressive. I hope they don't forget that we have an healing spec which should be at least decent for nighthold.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affected Spells:
    Strike of the Windlord

I also thought this too, but as @SiimcXD pointed out, its always useful to "See More" when looking for more.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    With all the other changes to all the others specs, its possible the 4% is all WW needed. No one has enough information yet and changes are FAR from being final.
    They nerfed our back, which is big dps loss

Deleted
    i think its only the absorb from the cloak that gets nerfed? i think the damage is the same unless im missing something.

Deleted
    From 200% of your health to 50% of your health buffed by 150% it's a 37.5% nerf (and that's only damage wise).

Considering they nerfed pretty much all the op legendaries I'm not surprised at the cloak nerf, with the change on PTR it was pretty much a waranteed 60k DPS making it the most powerful legendary in the game by far.

Looks like we just have to play the "wait and see because everything's being changed and we just don't know yet" game that we have 100 times now and been disappointed every single time. Are we ever going to win that game?

15+ Year Old Account
    The lack of communication is really showing on this PTR IMHO. I don't particularly care about nerfs or buffs, I just want to know what the devs think of monk specs right now and how they're gonna evolve in the next time.

Shamans get 1.5 seconds more cooldown on one of their talents, and 3 days later they have a HUGE blue post explaining the change, and also giving them another change that reverts the cooldown and changes other things.

Did monks even have a single (non-CM) blue post since Legion beta?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Considering they nerfed pretty much all the op legendaries I'm not surprised at the cloak nerf, with the change on PTR it was pretty much a waranteed 60k DPS making it the most powerful legendary in the game by far.
    Yeah we totally can utilize it to its fullest potential in every fight by standing in shit /s

Are people really fucking blind this expansion? Why do people still play this slotmachine bullshit and feed it, im still trying my best to be positive about my class and come back for nighthold but this is just retarded

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    Yeah we totally can utilize it to its fullest potential in every fight by standing in shit /s

Are people really fucking blind this expansion? Why do people still play this slotmachine bullshit and feed it, im still trying my best to be positive about my class and come back for nighthold but this is just retarded
    They don't, at least on my server. So much quitting. We're all good and smart players who see through the bull; very little reason to continue playing at the moment until NH comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    On the PTR you can use karma on cd and get the full damage on most fights, on live it's way harder. Also, they can keep nerfing legendaries to the ground and that would be a possitive for me because I hate the legendary system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    On the PTR you can use karma on cd and get the full damage on most fights, on live it's way harder. Also, they can keep nerfing legendaries to the ground and that would be a possitive for me because I hate the legendary system.
    Anyone that has properly working brains and wants to be "competitive" in this game hates the legendary system and so do i. I get that more casual people can enjoy the way it is though.

The simplest solution is sooo fucking simple and they don't even look that way, which is: Don't balance the classes around legendaries OR let people target farm those that they want.. They are literally wasting so many manhours and discussion on this crap

But I guess they want to milk subs to keep people playing after the slotmachine system, since it keeps so many people entertained it seems

Really disappointed with ww so far.monks have quite a few serious problems this expansion and blizzard really need to address them asap, especially with the scaling...

Ww is easily the spec with the worst scaling, monk ST was above average when people were 850~860, but as soon as everyone get to 880~890 we become the worst 3 ST spec and worst ST class =/
    It comes down to a few problems

1. Our artifact traits are underwhelming
    I have leveled a druid, mage, priest and dh, our artifact traits are by far the most useless. Only the FoF, RSK and SEF traits contribute to meaningful DPS increases, the rest are rather lackluster in comparison with other classes. On one hand it makes us relatively worse as others get more traits, and on another hand it leads to another problem, the relic issue

2. Relic limitations
    Since most of our traits are bad, our relics choice is really limited atm. non-FoF relics need to be absurdly higher in iL to be an upgrade. It sucks especially when we need two from DHT. NH has one but I don't think it solves the fundamental problem

3. Underwhelming legendaries
    We really lack proper legendaries and I think they need to give us something actually good. They said they don't like strong throughput legendaries but it sucks for monks to not have one when others do. Symbioate and karma being our BiS explains the problem. Not to mention most of our legendaries have tons of haste and I never understood why. The latest PTR still doesn't have any stat change for our legendaries. Maybe the devs really don't play a monk

Btw FoF requiring a valid target in melee range feels very awkward as an aoe ability, it feels awkward to use especially when it doesn't have anything to do with the target
    I don't play in a hardcore guild anymore but I can already see how bad monks will be in the future if blizzard doesn't do something with our scaling. Don't wanna be a whiner but I really think ww needs some love
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-12-15 at 10:50 PM.