10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    It's worth the watch, entertaining throughout.
    30 minutes in and I'm assuming that he's only talking from the eyes of the anime seeing as how a lot of his "guesses" are explained in the LN...and that alone would counter ~70% of his arguments

And a minute later it goes into GGO...which I don't enjoy either.
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2016-12-17 at 01:30 PM.
    [CENTER]

It's funny that Yunru just linked a Gigguk video as I was just coming to link one myself:

I have come to really appreciate Gigguk as an anime reviewer/'thinker'. Not in terms of actual agreement of taste, mind you. Or even in how we view things ought to be analyzed or understood. It isn't for those reasons that I endorse him. Instead it is the fact that he has a certain simple vibrancy and earnestness to his views. You can see it in his content: his first goal is to enjoy something, causing him to look for the positive elements first rather than always laying a groundwork for why it is fundamentally flawed. He doesn't have that same pedantic aura many other reviewers have while at the same time at least giving some measure of support for his views.

In any case, the point is I liked the video and recommend people watch it (even when I didn't actually agree with much of it due to my own neuroscience-based cynicism).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mostly trashing anime with fan-service tho.
    Fairy Tail (2014) OVA 2 for example that came out in sub today.
    First 5 min were trash.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    It's funny that Yunru just linked a Gigguk video as I was just coming to link one myself:

[video=youtube;5lJaKoMf6As]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJaKoMf6As[video]

I have come to really appreciate Gigguk as an anime reviewer/'thinker'. Not in terms of actual agreement of taste, mind you. Or even in how we view things ought to be analyzed or understood. It isn't for those reasons that I endorse him. Instead it is the fact that he has a certain simple vibrancy and earnestness to his views. You can see it in his content: his first goal is to enjoy something, causing him to look for the positive elements first rather than always laying a groundwork for why it is fundamentally flawed. He doesn't have that same pedantic aura many other reviewers have while at the same time at least giving some measure of support for his views.

In any case, the point is I liked the video and recommend people watch it (even when I didn't actually agree with much of it due to my own neuroscience-based cynicism).
    Just as you indulge in Gigguk's works for his more optimistic oriented persperctives, the same is applicable for those who view Digibro and friends. They're not overall entertaining or informative necessarily, but their ostentatious and derisive attitudes are what keep people coming back. At least I can say they are somewhat articulate and make for contentious discussions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    [video=youtube;5lJaKoMf6As]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJaKoMf6As[video]
    I agree with what he's saying, but I couldn't finish the video because of the anime in question. I swear, by the time I watch this movie I'm going to start it expecting a literal miracle in animated form.

Chihayafuru 175 - Finally, the TV special airs. Wonder how long the hiatus will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Just as you indulge in Gigguk's works for his more optimistic oriented persperctives, the same is applicable for those who view Digibro and friends. They're not overall entertaining or informative necessarily, but their ostentatious and derisive attitudes are what keep people coming back. At least I can say they are somewhat articulate and make for contentious discussions.
    My problem is I provide enough of the disapproval all on my own. Listening to somebody actually liking, and defending liking in an articulate fashion, many things I utterly pan is what makes it so engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I agree with what he's saying, but I couldn't finish the video because of the anime in question. I swear, by the time I watch this movie I'm going to start it expecting a literal miracle in animated form.
    I would second that sentiment (except I did finish the video). That + the Koe no Katachi movie are both still on my to-see list, and I anticipate both of them...I just don't know when I'll have the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original Anime 'Re:Creators' Announced for 2017

The January 2017 edition of Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday GX is revealing that an original anime project titled Re:Creators will be slated for 2017. Rei Hiroe (Original creator of Black Lagoon) is credited for the original story, character design, and screenwriting, whilst Ei Aoki (Fate/Zero) will helm the series at studio TROYCA. Comiket 91 will reveal more information including the promotional trailer on December 29.

The magazine will also reveal that Rei Hiroe's manga Black Lagoon will be resuming in Spring 2017. The series began publishing in April 2002 in Shogakukan's Sunday GX magazine. In August 2008, the series began publishing in English by the VIZ Media Signature imprint.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1577253

Been watching Nisekoi with the gf and we're both really enjoying it. Since she seems to like Shaft's style, I'll likely show her Madoka or Monogatari next.

Commie subs for Nisekoi are amazing and really add a lot to the show.

Depends on the friend and what's in the book I guess.

Honestly at a glance, it almost comes off as "nothing can be fixed without magic", but I imagine they're gonna twist it another way with true acceptance being the best cure, but I don't know.

I gave my friend a Tracer pop for her birthday/Christmas

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, it does seem to be like that, honestly. Sort of a "love yourself" thing, as the title says. Seeing the complete thing would be a massive benefit. I may get it and then just decide after I read it. Can always sell it or something lol
    True.
    I mean, it does seem interesting, but also a bit risky since we don't know the exact contents. Otherwise, like I said, also depends on your friend and how willing they are to look their issues in the face and take them on.

As a fat man, I wouldn't be offended if I received that gift if it from was a very close friend. If just a "regular" friend, maybe I would. Probably not, but...yeah.

I might find it a bit uncomfortable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's a past issue now, she's doing amazingly well. She's fully aware of what happened and why and so on. Though, I guess this could end up just serving as some kind of awkward reminder of things.

Meh, I'll leave it for now lol I'm sure I'll be able to get it in the future somehow if I change my mind.
    Oh, yeah ends up in that limbo of "awkward reminder" or "encouraging reminder of how far she's gone since then".

Also, regarding Steins;Gate 0, slight spoilers, but it's a question about Steins;Gate in general more of - did I miss something in the original, whether it was the game or the show, because in 0 Daru flat out says several times he does many illegal things in his "job", while it seemed like he was just a simple hacker in the original. I mean, hacking SERN is pretty much the top of the cake in terms of being illegal, but he was hesitant even at first. But in 0, he's just like "Oh, yeah, illegal stuff, oh well, keep it secret guys". He also seems a LOT more perverted than before, it might just be the fact that he actually plays a larger part than before

I mean, he even has several hideouts. What.

I'd respond to your S;G 0 message(s), Joe, but I've yet to play it. I'm gonna replay the original VN, and then try and get around to, er, getting it for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'd respond to your S;G 0 message(s), Joe, but I've yet to play it. I'm gonna replay the original VN, and then try and get around to, er, getting it for PC.
    Sadness.

It's a small thing honestly in terms of the actual plot. Almost insignificant even, but yeah, definitely don't want to spoil anything on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I gave my friend a Tracer pop for her birthday/Christmas
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    What is that?

I have that, and the loot crate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    [IMG]https://gearstore-cdn.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x650/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/6/b61934.jpg[IMG]

I have that, and the loot crate one.
    *cough* I might have a problem *cough*

As of today i own 146 and of that number 120 of those are Marvel.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    *cough* I might have a problem *cough*

As of today i own 146 and of that number 120 of those are Marvel.
    I own like, 7 maybe tops. That's crazy, do you have a wall dedicated to them?

I mean, I have probably have in the range of 20-30 amiibos, but that's about it.