Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    What people are actually doing in game now. Dislike logs all you want, but arcane is the worst of the 3 in almost every case. Guarm is the one fight it comes out on top now and that is just barely above both specs. In every other case it is behind and often way behind.

- - - Updated - - -

All those false log numbers, crazy that I got thousands of raiders to help me with this con job just to trick some internet stranger. Being a Niners fan I wont keep kicking you while you are down.
    You cant site just logs, because all the best players are playing fire, meaning with 3 specs that are somewhat close, fire would come out no matter what.

If every single top player was arcane, then you'd see arcane doing a lot better in logs compared to the other 2, still not the top in all scenarios by any means, but you cant just use logs for that reason, because it's pretty bias.

I don't dispute fire is better. But 7.1.5 is different

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You cant site just logs, because all the best players are playing fire, meaning with 3 specs that are somewhat close, fire would come out no matter what.

If every single top player was arcane, then you'd see arcane doing a lot better in logs compared to the other 2, still not the top in all scenarios by any means, but you cant just use logs for that reason, because it's pretty bias.

I don't dispute fire is better. But 7.1.5 is different
    If it was only like that at the 100 percentile you would be right. Right now fire and frost are better in almost every case. Once the patch hits that might change we will find out soon enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Anyone know if preliminary sims has been done for Arcane in 7.1.5? I am wondering what stats and relics would be a good idea to collect. Atm I have collected 2-3x AP relics, which could be pretty strong.

I haven't had the time to spend any time at all on the PTR, work has been killing me as of late. I am disappointed in the nerfs to both Arcane good legendaries, i have them and they felt really good to begin with. They made Mana handling issues much less worrying, expecially when combined together, but they devalued Mastery a lot, so much that it was probably unintended.

On paper, Arcane looks really good in 7.1.5: tier bonuses are surviving (god knows how), Quickening has disappeared, we have a blatantly overpowerd talent in the first row so that we can get rid of that GOD AWFUL familiar. The day that Blizzard finally realizes that doing AoE as a ranged caster by just spamming 1 button IN MELEE RANGE has stopped being acceptable in the videogame community since around late 2008, we will be dashing

What was the purpose of them buffing the Blizzard legendary to 50% and then the very next PTR patch nerfing it back to 35%?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    What was the purpose of them buffing the Blizzard legendary to 50% and then the very next PTR patch nerfing it back to 35%?
    To see if that is what they wanted to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    To see if that is what they wanted to do?
    Yeah, but I feel like the only reason they put it back to 35% is because they did a massive blanket nerf to majority of the legendary items.. Like if they knew they were going to blanket nerf the legendary items, why buff it in the first place? lol

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Yeah, but I feel like the only reason they put it back to 35% is because they did a massive blanket nerf to majority of the legendary items.. Like if they knew they were going to blanket nerf the legendary items, why buff it in the first place? lol
    I don't think they knew they were going to tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You cant site just logs, because all the best players are playing fire,
    The best players mostly play the best spec. Beside that it mean nothing when you look for the 95%+ parse you pretty much end with the best players no mather their spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    The best players mostly play the best spec.
    * For the gear they have.. And most people atm have their best gear for Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This makes me leave the Mage class.
    so very true. i used incanters for as long as i could (ilvl840) until my gear and burst got such a huge increase that i couldnt ingnore the op of the RoP.. now at 883 not gettin the most out of my burn phase with RoP up sets me down to the bottom of the meters.. like most i always loved mirror such a great ability would love to use it again

Woop woop

Critical Mass Your spells have a 10%15% increased chance to deal a critical strike.

Any other Frost mage seeing MASSIVE drops in DPS in 7.1.5?

http://imgur.com/a/89SRc