Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Because the founders understood the importance of states and not a one size fits all model. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. That's what the constitution states.

Bitching about the rules of the game after you lost is stupid and a waste of anyone's time. If the president was determined based off popular vote, Trump would have campaigned in blue states. Hell if Clinton would have campaigned in blue states she'd have won.

If you don't like it, amend the constitution. But don't cry foul because you don't understand why and how this country was founded. Feel free to relocate and follow leaders who praise Castro or only allow you to vote for a party who then determines who will lead.
    And what if we've been pointing out the flaws in the electoral college for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Do you perchance understand -why- people are upset?
    because people voted for a person and that person lost to another person

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    He said there were no foreign planned terrorist attacks, which is true. Both the shootings were planned and carried out in the US.

Keep gobbling up your lies though, it's funny.
    Both shootings? You must have forgotten everything else that has happened in the US while he was serving.
    Boston marathon bombings and the bombs that were going off in NJ come to mind.

Yes you can say that they weren't terrorist attacks because you just simply cannot accept that.
    But try telling that to any of the families that had loved ones lost, or better yet, tell that to the people who survived.

The rest of the world views it as terrorist attacks.
    The rest of the US views them as terrorist attacks.
    It's you who simply can't fathom that there were terrorist attacks on US soil during his term. Stop living in your bubble.
    Stop believing that your current US president is one of the best, when in fact he is literally ONE OF THE WORST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    because people voted for a person and that person lost to another person
    Why the fuck do I even bother trying to engage right wingers on political issues.

It's like all your knowledge concerning history or politics is derived from factoids on the back of sugar packets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Both shootings? You must have forgotten everything else that has happened in the US while he was serving.
    Boston marathon bombings and the bombs that were going off in NJ come to mind.

Yes you can say that they weren't terrorist attacks because you just simply cannot accept that.
    But try telling that to any of the families that had loved ones lost, or better yet, tell that to the people who survived.

The rest of the world views it as terrorist attacks.
    The rest of the US views them as terrorist attacks.
    It's you who simply can't fathom that there were terrorist attacks on US soil during his term. Stop living in your bubble.
    Stop believing that your current US president is one of the best, when in fact he is literally ONE OF THE WORST.
    Lol

Nope. None planned overseas. Enjoy your lies sheep. You're not even arguing the right thing. But I don't expect analysis from someone like you. Just follow your marching orders and then take it up the ass like a good boy.

Once again a demonstration of the right's proclivity for preferring outcomes that vindicate their prejudices rather than, you know, good governance.

As someone who was a part of the Democratic caucus at the state level, allow me to enlighten you: Sanders' campaign was anemic. It was a sentiment rather than a platform, and that was reflected in his failure at the convention which was through no one's fault but his own. Was the DNC head personally biased towards the veteran Democrat rather than the risky Independent? Sure, but if Sanders' movement had actual substance it would have gained traction.

Hillary wasn't selected because 'she was a woman', she was selected because of the extant candidates she was by and far the best option in terms of qualification and political experience, as well as the most likely candidate to be able to work with the more moderate Republicans.

The mistake of the Democrats ever since '08 was assuming that the Republicans were interested in maintaining political stability rather than pursuing rabid partisanism for their own benefit.

I guess the only thing we can really look forward to during Trumps term is that the GoP won't have anyone to thank or blame for how this plays down except themselves. I just hope that we can try to stem the tide of damage to our major institutions/environment and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is it then.

Trump won, again.

I wonder if I should take a break from these forums temporarily, because I feel like it's going to be a battleground.

I empathize with the mods.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I guess the only thing we can really look forward to during Trumps term is that the GoP won't have anyone to thank or blame for how this plays down except themselves. I just hope that we can try to stem the tide of damage to our major institutions/environment and stuff.
    Here's the question, though. Is there a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Congratulations President Pence
    Yep, pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Silly people think they won something, you lost just like the rest of us.
    Well said.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    It's not a flawed system. But if you don't like it, amend the constitution or go somewhere that has an election system you don't find flawed.
    Oh, so you can mean I can tell all the Trumpets to fuck off to China where there are manufacturing jobs going?

Cool beans.

President Donald J Trump has a nice ring to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Very presidential.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Question: Do you remotely care about politics or society outside of election season.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Lol

Nope. None planned overseas. Enjoy your lies sheep. You're not even arguing the right thing. But I don't expect analysis from someone like you. Just follow your marching orders and then take it up the ass like a good boy.
    Yes, I will lived in a better America then what Obama has done to it.
    Sorry that you are still believing MSM and what it is telling you.

also !remindme 4 years

for when America is great again.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post

I wonder if I should take a break from these forums temporarily, because I feel like it's going to be a battleground.
    The whole country is going to be a battleground for a long time coming

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    The electoral votes are cast tomorrow. How can people already have electoral votes?
    We don't know the results until Jan 6th, but if people are expecting a historic moment where the electoral college defies the states and votes for Hillary, you're in for a bad time.

We can certainly PROJECT the winner and it will very likely be Trump, though as some posters have pointed out, it seems very easy to begin impeachment proceedings on him (well, as easy as that can be with all the red that got elected in congress). His conflicts of interest are insane as are those of all the billionaires he's picked for cabinet positions. I doubt it will go anywhere, but if he thinks giving his business to his kids is shedding conflicts of interest...well he's as dumb as he looks.

My one hope was that somehow we really would "drain the swamp" and pick real cabinet members that will do some good. Yet, here we are with conflicts of interest, science-deniers, etc. in incredibly powerful positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    The whole country is going to be a battleground for a long time coming
    The worse has been prevented. I feel like things would've been even more horrible had Trump not being elected.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Yes, I will lived in a better America then what Obama has done to it.
    Sorry that you are still believing MSM and what it is telling you.

also !remindme 4 years

for when America is great again.
    Exactly what point in history was America 'great' in that we should be striving for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The worse has been prevented. I feel like things would've been even more horrible had Trump not being elected.
    Lookie, I found the Harper voter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Oh, so you can mean I can tell all the Trumpets to fuck off to China where there are manufacturing jobs going?

Cool beans.
    I must say, seeing lefitst control freaks like you continually whine about Trump is by far the best result of this election by far, guys like you are just a gift that just keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.