Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    To what extent? Yes I'd hope that members of an immigrant community would, for example, cooperate with authorities; not make a fuss etc. But I don't know that I would "expect" them to police their own community; that seems a little extreme... So yeah what exactly did you mean, or to what extent should this "keeping each other in line" go?

I don't think you're wrong; just when it comes down to it; except in clear cut examples like that Belgian slum hiding the Bataclan organiser or at least probably knowing more than they were letting on immediately; where is the line drawn. I'm trying to put myself in the same shoes, and I can't see myself going out of my way to police other expats; keep myself to myself and let the local authorities do their jobs. Then again, I have a very hard time putting myself in the shoes of a minority migrant (England to Wales hardly counts :P)
    It means that when they know a crime has been committed, they drag the child down to the police station and have him confess to the police. They make sure their children excel at school, they work hard, they participate in local community projects.

They left their countries to escape intercommunal violence and poverty, not carry it around the world with them. They became more British than many of the British.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    I honestly never seen such behaviour in christian, hindu or jewish community.
    It just seems a little odd I mean, aren't we (Europe) supposed to ahve had upwards of a million of these muslim refugess over the last few years. They can't *all* know about the double handful of terrorists among thier number. They couldn't even all know each other if ten thousand of them were terrorists. I guess I can't speak for other communities around the world; in urban UK I don't think many people know their neighbours by name, let alone what they might be planning. Out in the suburbs sure its more friendly but city?

Throw in being thought of as the guy who 'calls the police on you because you bought 6 window boxes for your flat but they only saw you taking the bag of fertiliser in and assumed you were making bombs' might have negative ramifications. As I said in my post, in the clear cut cases fine, it's obvious what how members of these communities should react. I just think the idea that they are all some kind of social hivemind in communication with each and every one of themselves is a bit weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It means that when they know a crime has been committed, they drag the child down to the police station and have him confess to the police. They make sure their children excel at school, they work hard, they participate in local community projects.

They left their countries to escape intercommunal violence and poverty, not carry it around the world with them. They became more British than many of the British.
    Ymmv, in the netherlands we have imams actually preaching that it's always wrong to report a fellow muslim to the police, even for shit like human trafficking.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Fair enough. I had just got the impression that they should be reporting on each other for crimes that haven't even been commited yet and that just seems a little cloak and dagger.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Yeah, there's a big drive in immigrants (in particular those from the old east-bloc states) to make sure their kids have a better life than their parents did. In particular the Polish parents of kids at school were extremely strict about getting bad grades.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Islam is only peaceful if you are also Islamic too.
    Actually, this is false. If this were true, IS wouldn't have garnered such a reputation beyond the terrorist attacks. The first ones to fall are those in their close proximity, meaning other Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

. I just think the idea that they are all some kind of social hivemind in communication with each and every one of themselves is a bit weird.
    Indeed. I lived next to a man for 2 years, we said hello to each other if we met outside and he seemed to be a nice guy.

Then one morning, the police was banging on the door and ordering everyone to evacuate as they'd found a bomb... in the apartment of my "nice guy" neighbour.

Even when living wall-to-wall next to one another, people tend to go by superficial/fleeting moments of interaction. What's being said, planned or done between those walls can be anything from dancing to MLP:FIM-music wearing a tutu to building bombs and planning terrorist attacks.
    Our neighbour wasn't a terrorist, but I sure as hell would never have guessed that he'd be building bombs in the apartment he brought his kids into...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, there's a big drive in immigrants (in particular those from the old east-bloc states) to make sure their kids have a better life than their parents did. In particular the Polish parents of kids at school were extremely strict about getting bad grades.
    Mine was the Cypriot (both Greek and Turkish variants), as well as Greek and Turkish communities. As you say, it was all about making a life for yourself so that your children could grow up to be whatever they wanted.

It was different for me than for some of my cousins and friends, as my mother is English, so I didn't have issues fitting in, but I saw the effort those others put into it and it works.

This was back in the 70s and 80s, the assistance with integration was nowhere near the level it is today, e.g. I don't ever recall seeing any leaflets written in Greek or Turkish to help people understand what was going on, or what you might be entitled to, you had to find out for yourself and that meant learning English.

Deleted
    Reports say that the driver was a refugee entering Germany in february.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Said the dirty racist, who probably lives somewhere in some gated community.
    Reals, not feels.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Putin isn't a meglomaniac compared to his predecessors. His goals are explicitly obvious in that he wants to expand his sphere of influence, but it it still to remain regional. This is in line with traditional Russian methodology of regional sphere of influence.

Soviet methodology was hell bent on global sphere of influence and even decided to park missiles on Cuba to use as leverage against the U.S.....why shouldn't Putin be angry at a missile defense system near his country when the US was also justifiably angry about the missiles in Cuba?
    well the missiles sent to cuba were not a defensive weapon while the missile defense system is (it's right in the name) the only damage they can do is stopping the missiles Putin keeps telling us he'll use.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Reports say that the driver was a refugee entering Germany in february.
    Sleeper cell working solo but who knows as this point...

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    well the missiles sent to cuba were not a defensive weapon while the missile defense system is (it's right in the name) the only damage they can do is stopping the missiles Putin keeps telling us he'll use.
    Wasn't MAD the defensive weapon?

Deleted
    Sleeper cell working solo but who knows as this point...
    If it is true than Merkel should brace for impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Exactly, the US are hypocrites.
    can you see the difference between a missile defense system and actual ballistic missiles? or does your hatred for the US have you that brainwashed?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

If it is true than Merkel should brace for impact.
    Intelligence agencies warned of this a year ago.

At this point there is not much they can do...what are they going to do watch every person on every street corner in Europe? Impossible.

The damage or future potential damage has been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't MAD the defensive weapon?
    MAD is the policy, if the two sides can annihilate each other then neither side will attack. Missile defence usually refer to systems that stop the enemies misslies from impacting and therefore negates MAD.

Deleted

At this point there is not much they can do...what are they going to do watch every person on every street corner in Europe? Impossible.

Yea it is true and a lot of people still do not realize it. What happened in 2015 will fuck Germany up, forever.

I'm 100% convinced 2017 is the year when Sweden feels the effect of this as well... We can't hope to be as lucky next time as we were the last time...

Yea it is true and a lot of people still do not realize it. What happened in 2015 will fuck Germany up, forever.
    "Brown people have made our all-white utopia a hellhole"

Get bent.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

3 terror attacks this year in germany done by refugees. And many many were stopped/caught planning one. Its a really sad year.