Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But these districts were re-drawn in 2010, at the literal height of Democrat power in the state legislatures. How do you square that fact with your accusation?
    The republicans actually did a huge push back then, as a resident of North Carolina, we got a huge example of it and are one of the states where the districts were recently ruled to illegally favor them. They actually got the districts in many states back then.

In North Carolina for example due to their fuckery, with a 50/50 split in the popular vote, our 13 seats are split 3 to democrats and 10 to republicans. Had one election where our vote was splitting something like 55/45 in favor of the democrats still have the seats only get split 4 to 9 in favor of the republicans and are also one of the states where they have been caught trying to disenfranchise minority voters with ID laws where they had records where they were pulling up the IDs each race statistically lacked the most and were surgically requiring the ones minorities most lacked.

Using

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lections,_2010

as a source just for quick reference, the Republicans held 51.7% of the seats back then and gerrymandered the living fuck out of the states they owned.

Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look, another "you don't agree with me or my views so that makes you an incompetent moron" post. Also, a "my opinion is fact and your opinion is shit" post. It's shit like this that helped Hillary lose the election. When will liberals ever learn?
    I've said many times that Trump won because conservatives are thin skinned crybabies who can't take criticism. Trump is a reflection of them.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    You've been doing exactly that for the better part of 100 years. The rights just stooping to your level now. Nether of us speak for anyone beyond us tho. I mean, we get worked up and use hyperbole or whatever, but no. Noone truly speaks for anyone. I guess it would be better to say that people like that are who im opposed to and dont want in power. Whatever they call them selves.
    Yep, "us" vs "them". People demonizing the "other side" when really there isn't much of an "other side". People are diverse and hold diverse opinions on how things should be in the country. The constant push by both extremes to label half the country as some evil racists or the other half of the country as censoring snowflakes gets us nowhere.

Everyone should acknowledge that painting so many people with an extreme brush is outright disingenuous. People are people. Some extremely tiny amount of those people on the fringes of their particular party have been doing extreme things for a long time. Let's not claim "you've been doing this" -- no, some fringe, extremist handful of people that identify with the same political party as someone else have been doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The republicans actually did a huge push back then, as a resident of North Carolina, we got a huge example of it and are one of the states where the districts were recently ruled to illegally favor them. They actually got the districts in many states back then.

In North Carolina for example due to their fuckery, with a 50/50 split in the popular vote, our 13 seats are split 3 to democrats and 10 to republicans. Had one election where our vote was splitting something like 55/45 in favor of the democrats still have the seats only get split 4 to 9 in favor of the republicans and are also one of the states where they have been caught trying to disenfranchise minority voters with ID laws where they had records where they were pulling up the IDs each race statistically lacked the most and were surgically requiring the ones minorities most lacked.

Using

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lections,_2010

as a source just for quick reference, the Republicans held 51.7% of the seats back then and gerrymandered the living fuck out of the states they owned.

[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/2010_House_elections.svg/1920px-2010_House_elections.svg.png[IMG]
    We just need to modernize and use all this lovely technology we've developed. Let a computer figure out how to make equal population districts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Uh, wrong on, like, every account?

Experience: Obama had it, Trump does not. "Golly gee wiz, Barry, I didn't know the job was this hard, herp-a-derp!"
    Temperment: Obama had it, Trump does not. "Whaaa I'm going on Twitter and having a temper tantrum!"
    Wisdom: Obama had it, Trump does not. "<Trump opens his mouth>"
    Charisma (only applies for non-racist douchebags): Obama had it in spades, Trump does not. "I only get to grab them in the pussy cause I'm famous, and the only wives I can get are practically mail-order!"
    I always have to /facepalm every time I see a liberal say that Obama was experienced, wise, and qualified for the job. He was anything but that in 2008 when he was first elected in. He simply knew how to give a good speech and used what little experience he did have as a Senator to work his way in.

Because let's face it. If we are talking about experience and qualifications for the job, McCain blew Obma out of the water in those areas at the time. But of course, liberals will never admit that, because then it would defeat their entire argument against Trump at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I've said many times that Trump won because conservatives are thin skinned crybabies who can't take criticism. Trump is a reflection of them.
    Thin skinned crybabies. I think you confused "conservative" with "liberal" on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    The people of New York go into the polls on Election day and vote for a Governor. The result is recorded and the person with the most vote wins. Voting for the President is no different. The people of New York place their votes, the one with the most votes wins New York. If you look at it on the level of States like "We the People of New York voted the Majority for Candidate A so New York as a State votes for Candidate A" it makes more sense. I suppose each state could have just received one Electoral Vote in which case you would want to divide that up into fractions too.
    Big difference, the Governor was elected by popular vote which was the collective will of the people in that area. That is doing it right. The Electoral College removes the will of the losers of each state and removes their will entirely from the process of electing the president which allows the majority party in each state to completely shut out the minority from having any impact outside their borders on the issue.

Imagine if we redid the Governors race were instead of going by popular vote, we instead did a popular vote in each district and then the winner of that district got to send a single vote for the Governor and then he was decided by the individual votes of the districts. Even if candidate A won had 80% of the vote in district as and only 47% of the vote in district B and 49% of the vote in district C, he would lose because even though the people collectively chose him, the districts were setup in a way that stole that from him.

A proportional electoral vote is no different then a popular vote since the Electoral Vote is based on Congressional representation which is based on population.
    Which is exactly how it should be the collective will of the people within that state imposed into the process for president instead of Tyranny of the Majority on a state-by-state basis where only the winner of each state gets a voice regardless of margin of victory.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yep, "us" vs "them". People demonizing the "other side" when really there isn't much of an "other side". People are diverse and hold diverse opinions on how things should be in the country. The constant push by both extremes to label half the country as some evil racists or the other half of the country as censoring snowflakes gets us nowhere.

Everyone should acknowledge that painting so many people with an extreme brush is outright disingenuous. People are people. Some extremely tiny amount of those people on the fringes of their particular party have been doing extreme things for a long time. Let's not claim "you've been doing this" -- no, some fringe, extremist handful of people that identify with the same political party as someone else have been doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

We just need to modernize and use all this lovely technology we've developed. Let a computer figure out how to make equal population districts.
    There was a whole election year and change to decide to abandon this. Instead, I heard about Nazis and how dangerous it's going to be for me as a black person now that Trump won.

No one is going to stop. It's too easy to get votes if you work to convince people the opposition party will be coming for your guns or your gay husband/wife.

7+ Year Old Account

Thin skinned crybabies. I think you confused "conservative" with "liberal" on that one.
    Well which one needs nap time, crayons, and hot cocoa to cope? Lets get to the bottom of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Agreed and I have proposed that before using open source software to draw all districts using openly available census information to draw the districts from and a single seed number used for all states to be drawn lottery style on national TV and streamed online so all people around the world can see and have access to both verify the software and the census data used and to be able to use the seed along with it to verify the official results.

Only way to really do it impartially.

Agreed and I have proposed that before using open source software to draw all districts using openly available census information to draw the districts from and a single seed number used for all states to be drawn lottery style on national TV and streamed online so all people around the world can see and have access to both verify the software and the census data used and to be able to use the seed along with it to verify the official results.

Only way to really do it impartially.
    Software? Computers? What about Russia?!
    (The election Russia, not the email Russia)

7+ Year Old Account
    I always have to /facepalm every time I see a liberal say that Obama was experienced, wise, and qualified for the job. He was anything but that in 2008 when he was first elected in. He simply knew how to give a good speech and used what little experience he did have as a Senator to work his way in.

Because let's face it. If we are talking about experience and qualifications for the job, McCain blew Obma out of the water in those areas at the time. But of course, liberals will never admit that, because then it would defeat their entire argument against Trump at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Please:
    Trump: waaah Hamilton cast was mean
    Trump: waaaah, steelworker union boss dared to call me out on lies. I'll atrack him!
    Trump: waaah vanity fair gave my restaurant bad review
    Trump: I won the popular vote despite evidence because THEY CHEATED
    Trump: I didn't even want that drone so there

Conservatives: waaah the liberals are calling us mean names!

Nope: pretty sure I didn't get them confused.

I always have to /facepalm every time I see a liberal say that Obama was experienced, wise, and qualified for the job.
    A lifetime spent as a community leader, a Constitutional attorney, and a Senator. Yeah, no experience whatsoever. Certainly not as much experience as ol' Trumpy.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yes sir. I apologize for speaking on a slightly different topic, or in slightly different terms than you. I won't let it happen again.

It's a weird stance to take though, considering you were discussing what I said, not the opposite.
    No, I wasn't. Multiple voting isn't ballot stuffing. Ballot stuffing happens on the poll worker end, multiple voting on the voter end.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabies View Post
    Software? Computers? What about Russia?!
    (The election Russia, not the email Russia)
    Luxury of open source, can't really hack too much. You have the official source code released online for all to verify and check at least 6 months before the districts are to be drawn. The census information it is to use is also released with a minimum of 6 months before that date. Then on the chosen day, the seed number is drawn.

With that all in the open outright, the results are impossible to hack unless you either managed to falsify the original census data it is drawn from or manage to hack the seed number it is drawn from which is why I mandated that all states had to use the same seed number to prevent preferential seeds being drawn per state and what might be best for them in one state might not be the best seed in another state but even then, with opensource drawing by the rules we have, the overall impact on delegate counts regardless of seed chosen would be minimal.

Kinda hard to hack the results when the results can be verified on any PC, Smartphone, Tablet or hacked game system on the planet.

Edit: Also, I have had Scabies before, they suck.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2016-12-20 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another "you don't agree with me or my views so that makes you an incompetent moron" post. Also, a "my opinion is fact and your opinion is shit" post. It's shit like this that helped Hillary lose the election. When will liberals ever learn?
    So true, they seem to want to find any reason on why she lost but the ones that make sense.
    1) Money doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.
    2) TV spots don't matter so much anymore, either.
    3) Celebrities don't count
    4) Outrageous statements aren't disqualifying.
    5) Polling and big data don't automatically generate the right moves.
    6) Not being able to understand how the opposition thinks is hugely dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    A lifetime spent as a community leader, a Constitutional attorney, and a Senator. Yeah, no experience whatsoever. Certainly not as much experience as ol' Trumpy.

/facepalm
    LOL sounds like ur describing pound scum.. "community leader" really.. please... dont even go down that road. Lawyer. yea, we all know how honest and great a lawyer can be. Senator.. only actually work are have to be at work .. almost never. just get paid to make speaches and make promises u cant keep... heck my kids do that. /facepalm lol exactly..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wager The Jabberwock doesn't agree that pi should be rounded to 3, that the earth is 6000 years old, that evolution is fake, and global warming is a fraud for the benefit of middle-class professors and the Chinese, either - and yes, holding those view does make the person holding them "an incompetent moron" (broadly speaking - it's quite possible to hold all the above to be true and be quite good at, say, tiddlywinks; but such a person is still typically a failure as a human being) .

The thing that "conservatives" (which they aren't) don't seem to grasp is that facts aren't actually things that change depending on which drugs Rush Limbaugh is on this week - Trump is manifestly unqualified; he may muddle through anyway, or people may feel the damage that he is likely to do is a worthwhile trade-off for something else; but pretending that he is fit for the office (which he is not) is simply running one's own ignorance up the flagpole and demanding everyone salute.

As for when liberals (real and pseudo-) will learn... probably not until a great many of them have died as the consequence of "conservative" (aka Trumpublican) actions - at which point they'll learn that stupidity is fatal, and ones only choice is who dies: the idiots themselves, or their victims. (At least for now, fleeing the stupid is a viable alternative for many, although global warming is going to make that problematic, until/unless the US crashes really hard - which is certainly possible, but hardly likely.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    So true, they seem to want to find any reason on why she lost but the ones that make sense.
    1) Money doesn't seem to matter so much anymore.
    2) TV spots don't matter so much anymore, either.
    3) Celebrities don't count
    4) Outrageous statements aren't disqualifying.
    5) Polling and big data don't automatically generate the right moves.
    6) Not being able to understand how the opposition thinks is hugely dangerous.
    1) The main reason Trump spent so little is he got a ludicrous amount of free press. It's too early to determine if this will be a trend.
    2) I don't know of any way to determine this.
    3) Both sides had celebrities swinging for them.
    4) Both sides had outrageous comments, and have had for years.
    5) Polling and big data had one bad go. Again, not indicative of a trend.
    6) This has been true forever. Hillary flubbed it harder than most, obviously.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Last "hope" for the losers... A desperate wish, that was never supposed to come true... Poor bastards, defeated by the Russian hackers (lol) and the damn electors doing their jobs

No.

/10chars

P.S. They will be defending a historic amount of seats in two years. Fingers crossed no changes to party before then.

Luxury of open source, can't really hack too much. You have the official source code released online for all to verify and check at least 6 months before the districts are to be drawn. The census information it is to use is also released with a minimum of 6 months before that date. Then on the chosen day, the seed number is drawn.

With that all in the open outright, the results are impossible to hack unless you either managed to falsify the original census data it is drawn from or manage to hack the seed number it is drawn from which is why I mandated that all states had to use the same seed number to prevent preferential seeds being drawn per state and what might be best for them in one state might not be the best seed in another state but even then, with opensource drawing by the rules we have, the overall impact on delegate counts regardless of seed chosen would be minimal.

Kinda hard to hack the results when the results can be verified on any PC, Smartphone, Tablet or hacked game system on the planet.

Edit: Also, I have had Scabies before, they suck.
    And as soon as someone loses, fraud and hacking will be blamed.

See: Every election in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And as soon as someone loses, fraud and hacking will be blamed.

See: Every election in recent history.
    They could blame hacking or fraud or any of that crap, but they couldn't blame gerrymandering like they legitimately can now.