Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    He doesn't need to support his argument. His intention is to troll those who disagree with his presented views. The flamebaiting seems all too obvious.
    Why do you expect me to repeat myself every single time someone can't be assed to review the million arguments made against flying?
    Lmao.

I have better things to do than type the same thing over and over, like actually idk playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Why do you expect me to repeat myself every single time someone can't be assed to review the million arguments made against flying?
    Lmao.

I have better things to do than type the same thing over and over, like actually idk playing the game
    Clearly not, since you're here trolling.

And yes, we do expect you to repeat yourself if you make a definitive statement about something in question. I've seen all the arguments against flying and personally dissected them and rebutted them. The only ones that actually hold up under scrutiny are this:

WoW is a subscription based game. Therefore anything which gets players to spend more time on the game(good or bad) translates into potential profit for Blizzard. Flying is a very fast method of getting around the game world, thus removing it slows players down and makes them take longer to reach content or be more efficient in a general sense. So Blizzard not only removes flying to slow players down, but locks it behind a wall of content which must be cleared at the slower pace of ground movement. They not only get players to spend more time doing the content, but also potentially get players to consume more of the content while working towards the unlock, which results in more time /played.

and:

It's Blizzard's game and they can design it however the damn hell they please, and your only choice is to sub, and thus support every change they make, even the ones you disagree with, or quit.

EVERY other argument against flying is based entirely on bullshit. And neither can be refuted, because ultimately Blizzard is a business out to make money, and they literally CAN do whatever they want with the game if they so chose. They could shut down WoW tomorrow and no player would have any say in the matter.

But here's the thing that most Ground-Only people refuse to admit: Just because Blizzard decides to do something doesn't make it good. In fact, Blizzard themselves have often admitted they screwed up. Look at the legendary issue. Look at "No flying ever again". The only reason people jumped on the bandwagon with No-flying is because it gave them a little jolt to be in agreement with Blizzard, and it was easier than being critical.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-21 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Clearly not, since you're here trolling.

And yes, we do expect you to repeat yourself if you make a definitive statement about something in question. I've seen all the arguments against flying and personally dissected them and rebutted them. The only ones that actually hold up under scrutiny are this:

WoW is a subscription based game. Therefore anything which gets players to spend more time on the game(good or bad) translates into potential profit for Blizzard. Flying is a very fast method of getting around the game world, thus removing it slows players down and makes them take longer to reach content or be more efficient in a general sense. So Blizzard not only removes flying to slow players down, but locks it behind a wall of content which must be cleared at the slower pace of ground movement. They not only get players to spend more time doing the content, but also potentially get players to consume more of the content while working towards the unlock, which results in more time /played.

and:

It's Blizzard's game and they can design it however the damn hell they please, and your only choice is to sub, and thus support every change they make, even the ones you disagree with, or quit.

EVERY other argument against flying is based entirely on bullshit. And neither can be refuted, because ultimately Blizzard is a business out to make money, and they literally CAN do whatever they want with the game if they so chose. They could shut down WoW tomorrow and no player would have any say in the matter.
    So you used your headcanon to explain why you want flying? I've seen you dissect absolutely nothing, lol. It all boils down to you crying that you want flying back. And as long as your tears flow as freely and your brows remain furrowed, you'll "dissect" every argument you see.

Anyway again, enjoy your wait. 8 months is a good estimate. Flying by August after you do the 2nd part of the achievement means that there's so much more complaining for me to savor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I actually feel like Suramar's a step in the right direction with the portal hub in Shal'Aran. More than flying I really want Blizzard to adopt waypoint travel. I've always viewed flying as a band-aid for their archaic transit system. When I play WoW I have to actually plan my activities for the day (including managing hearthstone usage) to try to minimize the amount of time I spend traveling whereas MMOs with teleportation, and without flying, I can instantly get to any content from anywhere. As it is, I very frequently choose not to do content in WoW because of it. Flying would help that, but it's not my ultimate ideal solution.

Waypoint systems could be a possible Pathfinder tier reward
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-12-21 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I actually feel like Suramar's a step in the right direction with the portal hub in Shal'Aran. More than flying I really want Blizzard to adopt waypoint travel. I've always viewed flying as a band-aid for their archaic transit system. When I play WoW I have to actually plan my activities for the day (including managing hearthstone usage) to try to minimize the amount of time I spend traveling whereas MMOs with teleportation, and without flying, I can instantly get to any content from anywhere. As it is, I very frequently choose not to do content in WoW because of it. Flying would help that, but it's not my ultimate ideal solution.
    Waypoint system is not a replacement for flying and flying is not a band-aid for it. Flying is not meant for long range travel. Waypoint system for long range hops and flying for zone travel (not restricted to the zone though) together would make wow a better game to experience. But it requires more effort on blizzard's side - so we are not gonna see it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Waypoint systems could be a possible Pathfinder tier reward
    Isn't the flight path system just a series of teleports with a delay built in? They're little better than long loading screens. An especially cynical person would attribute them to filler/time wasting done on purpose to extend the time needed to reach content in the same way removing flight did, just on a larger scale.

But mostly I think they're just a relic. The game is rife with instant teleports to places. Suramar itself is basically what you're describing with waypoints being unlocked via a pathfinder-like achievement.

Now imagine every zone unlocking slowly, quest by quest, in the same way as suramar. That's what we SHOULD have for all future zone design if Blizzard refuses to relent on the flying issue. It would be an acceptable second choice to fully capable flying mounts. But instead of that we have the half-measure of flight paths and the flight master whistle.

Edit: "Teleports" auto-corrects to "elephants". I love it!
    Isn't the flight path system just a series of elephants with a delay built in?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-21 at 09:09 AM.

Well if you are complaining now just w8 until we arive at argus cus there u will not be able to mount your flying mount at all just in azeroth maybe even azeeroth type of ground mount wont work there to and u will have to farm new special ground mount

Enough of the bickering and personal attacks. Keep your posts constructive and on topic.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The biggest pain in the ass in this game is doing shit zones like Suramar city where you have to walk on egg shells and RP that you're Solid Snake ever 5 seconds to avoid the "HNNNGHHH WHO GOEZ THERE?" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING GUYZ" bullshit, but once we get our artifact power and upgrades and shit why would I ever want to return ehre anyway? Why would i even do daily quests anymore anyway, expect for your rare upgrade and what not?

Why not give us lfying now? It won't change anything most the world is dying in activity now anyway since people finally realize the world quest logo is just another fancy word for "more daily quests that sound different but aren't that different overall"

Hell even the exploration argument is moot since there's exploits to fly around just enough for you to see the unreachable places in the game, so even if i get flying i've already seen everything that i couldn't as a ground mount peasant.
    Mmm salty flier tears. Go play something else if you REALLY can't handle it. By this point you should know you way around zones, they're easy to get around if you pay any attention at all. It's actually designed well right now, from point A to B you find mats, quests, rares/chest etc. You can glide from high elevation. You can be dropped at the nearest flight path from anywhere... and you still feel like you should have the same abilities as a bird 24/7. You can set up a world based expansion like Legion and just let everyone fly over it.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-12-21 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Mmm salty flier tears. Go play something else if you REALLY can't handle it.
    Why is it that every time someone points out a complaint with an actual problem with the game, it is immediately turned into an issue of skill? What if I told you that a person could have an absolutely overpowered character and massive skill at the game, but still find parts of it irritating and annoying?

By this point you should know you way around zones, they're easy to get around if you pay any attention at all. It's actually designed well right now, from point A to B you find mats, quests, rares/chest etc. You can glide from high elevation. You can be dropped at the nearest flight path from anywhere... and you still feel like you should have the same abilities as a bird 24/7. You can't(?) set up a world based expansion like Legion and just let everyone fly over it.
    Circular logic. "You don't need flying because everything is on the ground, so why would you need flying when the world is designed without flight?"

The entire point of view of most people who want flying is for Blizzard to actually take it into account when designing the game. Sure, some people just want EZ mode, but those opinions are legitimately dismissable.

But look at the opposite end of the spectrum: People who HAVE cleared Suramar and gotten the Good Suramaritan achievement and completed Pathfinder Part 1. At that point, what purpose is there to restrict flying in zones they've already cleared? All so it will MAYBE not screw up content which won't even be available for another 6 months during 7.2??? In the meantime we're burdened with a bad system of ground travel which doesn't actually improve the game in any meaningful way.

This is all assuming that flying, while leveling or progressing through content the first time, isn't a legitimate choice a player should be able to make in the first place. If players want to focus solely on progression and don't care about the lore, or the story, or the RP, or the artistic experience, then why is Blizzard telling them that they can't play that way? If players want to "ruin their own experience", shouldn't they be able to if that's what they want from the game? What are they really ruining: A part of the game they didn't care about in the first place? It's like telling someone they're ruining pet battles by skipping past them to go to a dungeon. Imagine if Blizzard required everyone to do pet battles before they could enter raids, or PVP, or even reach level cap? Would people defend that decision as much as they're doing with the ground-only design? I think not.

And what if Blizzard actually built the game to include flying and it was GOOD? Would ground-pounders still complain? I KNOW most pro-ground players have admitted that they'll use flying if it was available. So what if the game world was made with all of Blizzard's normal skill and experience, and it turned out to be amazing? Has no one besides me ever considered that it might be possible?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-21 at 09:55 PM.

Mmm salty flier tears. Go play something else if you REALLY can't handle it. By this point you should know you way around zones, they're easy to get around if you pay any attention at all. It's actually designed well right now, from point A to B you find mats, quests, rares/chest etc. You can glide from high elevation. You can be dropped at the nearest flight path from anywhere... and you still feel like you should have the same abilities as a bird 24/7. You can set up a world based expansion like Legion and just let everyone fly over it.
    people complain about wanting a beautiful world, then complain about not being able to fly over it and completely disregard it

wow player logic

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion's world design and flight path grid is a huge improvement from any previous continents imo, plus the fact that there's 4 zones to entry/progress in.

Gliding from high points toward other zones or areas never been so much fun.

Sure the zones are still seperated by mountains and elevation, but it feels a lot more natural then anything previously which was basicly a world walled off by impassible (on foot) mountains, sea or twisting nether used as zone bordering.

The closed designs certainly served their purpose as vanilla wow zones vary widely in levels, less now then pre-cataclysm.

As well as flying was never intended originally for Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, so the closed designs were a good way to isolate zones with the lower tech standards and view distances back then.

Out of all continents this continent feels the least like a "grid with borders" as there's so much elevation freedom that flying will be a bonus instead of a design plan.

Burning crusade, lich king, pandaria clearly were designed with flying at max level in mind, and while they changed flying ,pandaria is still even the only "restricted" continent where you can't fly till max level for that area. They changed the policy on flying for Outland and Northrend in Cataclysm, but never changed the level of pandaria flight, however you can buy tomes for that via black market AH.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-21 at 10:02 PM.

people complain about wanting a beautiful world, then complain about not being able to fly over it and completely disregard it

wow player logic
    Thats because after 6 months everything about the world has become irrelevant, mobs, mob packs and rares are of no threat and havent been since a week or 2 after launch. Nothing new added to the world in that time frame except a few Suramar quests and a couple in Stormheim otherwise its all instanced stuff. Besides look at what the anti-flyers do. Ride thru mobs training everything, kill the mob and whistle out.. That's just as big of a disregard as flying to the spot and then flying off.

30 stacks of Gliders, a whistle and 10 different hearths and yet cry flying disregards the world

Wow Fanboi logic...

wow player logic
    Generally if I'm flying somewhere I'm likely going to a specific objective, but if something else happens to be found along the way, be it resource nodes I could harvest or some sort of rare mob, I could opt to go on a detour from that specific objective and check out whatever I was zooming over. This requires me not to have my head in the clouds (figuratively speaking), and it's definitely not something I can do if I'm on an automated flight path.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There's a staircase on the other side of the canal and a bit west.
    Thank you so very much!!!!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

When you all getting sick of seeing same exploring stuff areas time to time, you will want to fly. Trust me, i have been there and goddamn it i just want to get over with it for mere seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats because after 6 months everything about the world has become irrelevant, mobs, mob packs and rares are of no threat and havent been since a week or 2 after launch. Nothing new added to the world in that time frame except a few Suramar quests and a couple in Stormheim otherwise its all instanced stuff. Besides look at what the anti-flyers do. Ride thru mobs training everything, kill the mob and whistle out.. That's just as big of a disregard as flying to the spot and then flying off.

30 stacks of Gliders, a whistle and 10 different hearths and yet cry flying disregards the world

Wow Fanboi logic...
    People complained from day 1.
    don't pretend like that didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Trapmastery View Post
    When you all getting sick of seeing same exploring stuff areas time to time, you will want to fly. Trust me, i have been there and goddamn it i just want to get over with it for mere seconds.
    Completely agreed. Usually leveling up through the content twice is enough for me to be satisfied with the world and leave it as is. For end game content, I'd rather have freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Why don't you people play a different game?
    Quit WoW.
    Which game shall I go play now then?

Wow, a whole lot of people that should probably unsub.

So much salt.

Seriously, if the game irritates you, walk away. It's game, as in it's supposed to entertain you. If you are that infuriated by it that all you have is piss and vinegar for it, then unsub and play something else.

Nothing more absurd than hating on a game and still playing it.