Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You realize the attack helicopter thing was a joke trying to make fun of trans people right?
    Just wait till 30+ year old men start identifying as 16 year old bi girls...i mean it does already happen on RP servers but Real Life is just waiting for that type of enrichment to culture.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Just wait till 30+ year old men start identifying as 16 year old bi girls...i mean it does already happen on RP servers but Real Life is just waiting for that type of enrichment to culture.
    The fact you could potentially find someone who believes this proves very little of significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But you're not correct. Many hunter-gatherer societies were incredibly egalitarian with little sex division of labor and no difference in status between various forms of labor. While most civilizations have been highly or even strictly patriarchal, in no small part due to early agricultural techniques and pregnancy, there is still variation with groups like the Iroquois providing a stark contrast to people like the Yanomani or many Arab cultures. Even in our own society, the division of labor has changed radically in the last 60 years or so, with women entering into the workforce and a continued push for the erosion of gender divisions.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't reject biology. I reject mythology conveniently constructed to prop up traditional beliefs.
    Citation needed on like, all of that. Maybe if you got a college education instead of making 28,000 posts on a forum you would be able to have intelligent discussion instead of just repeating shit you read on tumblr.

Two genders, exhibited in every single fucking sexual dimorphic species including humans, with males almost always being the bigger and stronger sex and performing more dangerous tasks.
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2016-12-21 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Take an anthropology class or two. I can't be bothered to go find online sources.
    Haha yeah as if you've taken an anthro class. No source no care. Your new-age "gender doesn't exist" bullshit isn't consistent with reality, sorry friendo
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

When will you morons realise that you damage the transgender acceptance movement and prevent people from taking them seriously?

Indeed, the entire purpose of that change was to not treat merely being transgender as pathological.
    Well, no. Invrlose says something else and APA actually agrees with them, somehow, so you're wrong. And so am I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Citation needed on like, all of that. Maybe if you got a college education instead of making 28,000 posts on a forum you would be able to have intelligent discussion instead of just repeating shit you read on tumblr.

Two genders, exhibited in every single fucking sexual dimorphic species including humans, with males almost always being the bigger and stronger sex and performing more dangerous tasks.
    It really doesn't matter what other species' do, there's some who have different gender roles like Hyenas.

Even in humans there's a lot of diversity of gender/sex behavior, but there's always these central tendencies based on hormonal differences (which in turn change the structure of the brain as well). If Nixx really disputes hormones influence behavior and cognition, I'd ask him to wait until his wife goes through menopause or pregnancy, or god even puberty.

- - - Updated - - -

When will you morons realise that you damage the transgender acceptance movement and prevent people from taking them seriously?
    Activists for Trans people (on the internet, tumblr) rarely seem to have anything to do with trans people, so I don't see why they should affect our judgement of trans acceptance, given we're already good people anyways who can see past this.

Some will never take them seriously regardless, because of blind prejudices. One example in the thread. Not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I've already explained to you that the DSM isnt infallible.
    I forgot the part where I cared about it. Or older versions of DSM that you used as a reason behind your explanation, for that matter. That not only have they been changed for obvious reasons, but also aren't applicable any longer. So relevant. And DSM not being infallible doesn't magically make APA that wrote it agree with you. Which, you know, is what you previously claimed. And what I linked isn't even DSM, yet still says something different than you. Even more "not disagreement" between you and APA
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-12-21 at 04:13 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Oh look, it's Raybourne yet again failing to have any fucking idea what I think, even as he trips over himself rushing to disagree with me.
    You have a hard time saying something intelligent and an easy time getting triggered so don't blame me.

Oh look, it's Raybourne yet again failing to have any fucking idea what I think, even as he trips over himself rushing to disagree with me.
    How about you say something of consequence instead of just random generalised "you don't know me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You have computer, and you have operating system. Both are brand new, both work as they should, but, those two specific pieces you have, do not work together. Why do you call the operating system mentally ill, when you put that into the wrong computer, instead of the one it's supposed to be used in?
    That analogy is terrible for trying to prove your point. In that case you would change the software (or mind) to match the hardware (or body). I don't think that's what you want to say.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying your analogy is.

So can the thread actually get back on the topic instead of being gender debate and insult slinging? Seems like it's the same people derailing every single thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That analogy is terrible for trying to prove your point. In that case you would change the software (or mind) to match the hardware (or body). I don't think that's what you want to say.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying your analogy is.
    The thing just is, that you can't change the software in humans, but you can tinker with the computer You just need to adapt the analogy to how humans work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    And from your source:

"According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), people who experience intense, persistent gender incongruence can be given the diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." and "A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability." So " Many other obstacles may lead to distress, including a lack of acceptance within society, direct or indirect experiences with discrimination, or assault. These experiences may lead many transgender people to suffer with anxiety, depression or related disorders at higher rates than nontransgender persons."

So yea, it's a mental disorder/illness. You can't change your sex and we've established that concept of gender is completely artificial and undefined. But men have penises and testicles and women have a vagina and breasts. So when Harvard passes a rule stating that men can have periods and we need to put tampons in mens bathrooms, we have left the realm of reality. Whatever construct you create and define for gender has no bearing on reality and other people. So trying to connect Title IX or pass laws that punish people for not using a madeup pronoun with no basis in science or the english language is incredibly stupid.
    Yeah, because you totally can't have a mismatch of gender identity and biological sex without intense and persistent gender inconcurgence. Totes. Even though the first paragraph, that you fucking dishonestly omitted, says something else. Get lost and come back only when you start arguing in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can they ban people who think we need 80 pronouns to label people and refuse to recognize the presence of the X and Y chromosome? That's more absurd than the most ridiculous climate change denier and isn't fake news, it's pure fantasy.
    This, for so many reasons, this

Yes, that's the problem here.
    Seems like you got triggered by me possibly disagreeing with you. Just for reference, this is me apparently tripping over myself rushing to disagree with you:

It really doesn't matter what other species' do, there's some who have different gender roles like Hyenas.

Even in humans there's a lot of diversity of gender/sex behavior, but there's always these central tendencies based on hormonal differences (which in turn change the structure of the brain as well). If Nixx really disputes hormones influence behavior and cognition, I'd ask him to wait until his wife goes through menopause or pregnancy, or god even puberty.
    It seems like you just have a personal grudge with me (about what I have no fucking idea), but maybe it's best to just let it go and have a reasonable discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    So can the thread actually get back on the topic instead of being gender debate and insult slinging? Seems like it's the same people derailing every single thread.
    Some people just look for excuses to pick a fight, I guess.

And yet there are some cultures, like certain Native American tribes, that divided people into three genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The thing just is, that you can't change the software in humans, but you can tinker with the computer You just need to adapt the analogy to how humans work.
    It's a horrible analogy on the simple fact that you are changing mentally ill, to incompatible. They actually have similar intended meaning, but with mentally ill being pejorative.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet there are some cultures, like certain Native American tribes, that divided people into three genders.
    Hey, here's an exception to the overwhelming norm! Therefore everything is totally wrong!