Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Considering that earliest lifeforms were asexual and sex itself might possibly be a mutation or disorder, I fail to see your point.
    Sex isn't a fucking mutation or disorder lmao what are you even talking about? Holy fuck. Complete lack of basic understanding of biology. There are advantages to sexual reproduction such as greater genetic variance among a population than for an asexually reproducing species. Any sex chromosome variance besides XX / XY are literally just examples of nature fucking up, just like cancer, or my congenitally fused vertebrae, etc.

Most of the people that have a chromosomal makeup that deviates from XX / XY are fucking sterile
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2016-12-21 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Sex isn't a fucking mutation or disorder lmao what are you even talking about? Holy fuck. Complete lack of basic understanding of biology. There are advantages to sexual reproduction such as greater genetic variance among a population than for an asexually reproducing species. Any sex chromosome variance besides XX / XY are literally just examples of nature fucking up, just like cancer, or my congenitally fused vertebrae, etc.

Most of the people that have a chromosomal makeup that deviates from XX / XY are fucking sterile
    Never said sex wasn't beneficial, only that its origins might be nothing more than coincidence and then Darwin took over. On the other hand there's still plenty of asexual life on earth, possibly more than sexual species.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You do realize Rommel died because he tried to assassinate Hitler? If you're one of those people who think Trump is remotely comparable to Hitler, Rommel is someone you should be celebrating.
    No, he didn't.

Did you come from the alternate world from the Man in the High Castle?
    "The role that Rommel played in the military's resistance against Hitler or the 20 July plot is difficult to ascertain, as people most directly involved did not survive and limited documentation on the conspirators' plans and preparations exists.[259][260] The strongest evidence that points to the possibility that Rommel came to support the assassination plan was General Eberbach's confession to his son (eavesdropped by British agencies) while in British captivity, which stated that Rommel explicitly said to him that Hitler and his close associates had to be killed because this would be the only way out for Germany.[261][262][263] This conversation happened about a month before Rommel had to commit suicide."

"Before going to his death, Rommel denied involvement in the plot, declared his love for Hitler and that he would gladly serve his "Fatherland" again."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_...against_Hitler

Rommel never lifted a finger against Hitler.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is getting really off topic. Let's move it back to discussing the OP. Otherwise I'm going to have to close this because it's devolving into discussing sexuality/gender/gender identity.

Never said sex wasn't beneficial, only that its origins might be nothing more than coincidence and then Darwin took over. On the other hand there's still plenty of asexual life on earth, possibly more than sexual species.
    Ugh the lack of basic understanding of biology is actually cringe-inducing. Asexual species outnumber sexual reproducing species easily, but I fail to see what fucking point you're making. Equating evolution due to genetic mutation to gametes failing to divide properly when the offspring is usually fertile and therefore unable to pass on their trait of extra chromosomes is next level stupid. Maybe you have an extra 21st chromosome.

- - - Updated - - -

"The role that Rommel played in the military's resistance against Hitler or the 20 July plot is difficult to ascertain, as people most directly involved did not survive and limited documentation on the conspirators' plans and preparations exists.[259][260] The strongest evidence that points to the possibility that Rommel came to support the assassination plan was General Eberbach's confession to his son (eavesdropped by British agencies) while in British captivity, which stated that Rommel explicitly said to him that Hitler and his close associates had to be killed because this would be the only way out for Germany.[261][262][263] This conversation happened about a month before Rommel had to commit suicide."

"Before going to his death, Rommel denied involvement in the plot, declared his love for Hitler and that he would gladly serve his "Fatherland" again."

Hitler just had his favourite general executed for fun and games, right? Rommel was implicated in a plot to assassinate Hitler. You can't accept basic facts, you live in an alternate reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are suing the internet? What?

Ironically the "my free speech" people are the ones supporting the suit. 2017 - Welcome to Bizarro World.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post

Hitler just had his favourite general executed for fun and games, right? Rommel was implicated in a plot to assassinate Hitler. You can't accept basic facts, you live in an alternate reality.
    Rommel committed suicide. Maybe it's your reality that's alt.

Because he didn't want his family to end up like this.

Burgdorf informed him of the charges and offered him a choice: he could choose to defend himself personally to Hitler in Berlin, or if he refused to do so (which would be taken as an admission of guilt), he would either face the People's Court—which would have been tantamount to a death sentence—or choose a quiet suicide.

Hitler was a known supporter of Sippenhaft (kin liability) and if Rommel hadn't said these final words, his entire family would have been killed.

According to Himmler, this practice had existed among the ancient Teutons. "When they placed a family under the ban and declared it outlawed or when there was a blood feud in the family, they were utterly consistent.... This man has committed treason; his blood is bad; there is traitor's blood in him; that must be wiped out. And in the blood feud the entire clan was wiped out down to the last member. And so, too, will Count Stauffenberg's family be wiped out down to the last member."

Claus von Stauffenberg tried to assassinate Hitler and failed.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-21 at 06:42 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Claus von Stauffenberg tried to assassinate Hitler and failed.
    Precisely. Stauffenberg, not Rommel.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/r-orl...cebook-2016-12

I applaud them for standing up to these social media giants.
    A mountain sized pile of steaming horse shit.

Social media cannot be held responsible for their actions. The terrorists are to blame for terrorist activity. Don't place blame where it isn't due.

Precisely. Stauffenberg, not Rommel.
    Yes, that was the example what happens if you tried to do that. Rommel knew that his family would suffer if he did it. You can call him a coward, I call him a father that did not want his kids and wife in a gas chamber or shot.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they get laughed out of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Except in cases where these families involve children whose well being and financial security is dependent on an individual (clearly not a majority segment of a gay night club), I don't see where the moral argument to litigate money to these individuals comes in, especially from organizations who were certainly not the proximate cause of something like this.
    I'm not saying they're in the right, I'm just saying I don't really blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are gays also still mentally ill in your opinion?
    To ask a question would deserve an understanding of what is considered mental illness. Accepting a mental illness as is far different than redefining the term, which seems to be implied in a response as this. The acceptance surprisingly removes some symptoms that would provide a mental illness diagnosis, yet doesn't negate the existence of a mental illness. The problem now is we are in an era of the world where a vocal minority wants to try and dictate this knowledge by completely construing facts of what defines mental illness. Mental illness however does not mean I need to walk around X person with said illness in disgust or in some judgemental manner that would be categorized under that. However, does not change what is defined in the medical field.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...der-sex-change

Is a good read to understand possible more. Again though, this is just a simple understanding of what you bring up. Not that people should or shouldn't judge these people harshly etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    To ask a question would deserve an understanding of what is considered mental illness. Accepting a mental illness as is far different than redefining the term, which seems to be implied in a response as this. The acceptance surprisingly removes some symptoms that would provide a mental illness diagnosis, yet doesn't negate the existence of a mental illness. The problem now is we are in an era of the world where a vocal minority wants to try and dictate this knowledge by completely construing facts of what defines mental illness. Mental illness however does not mean I need to walk around X person with said illness in disgust or in some judgemental manner that would be categorized under that. However, does not change what is defined in the medical field.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...der-sex-change

Is a good read to understand possible more. Again though, this is just a simple understanding of what you bring up. Not that people should or shouldn't judge these people harshly etc...
    Don't you think that's a little long winded reply to a question, just to end up completely avoid answering said question? What was the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Don't you think that's a little long winded reply to a question, just to end up completely avoid answering said question? What was the point?
    I did answer it. I specifically said it and shared a link of why and how it is to maybe help understand more. I should of known it would of been futile however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I did answer it. I specifically said it and shared a link of why and how it is to maybe help understand more. I should of known it would of been futile however.
    If I ask you a question "are you a man?" Then I don't need a two hour lecture on gender scales and social studies, which end up not answering the question. You answer the question with either 'Yes' or 'No'.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I ask you a question "are you a man?" Then I don't need a two hour lecture on gender scales and social studies, which end up not answering the question. You answer the question with either 'Yes' or 'No'.
    You asked for his/her opinion. You don't get to dictate the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You asked for his/her opinion. You don't get to dictate the format.
    It was an extremely simple yes/no question.

Intelligent people understand that context matters without resorting to absurdity or moral relativism. We can have a discussion on whether people who are clinically diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria should be given special consideration without accepting that Bob with a 2 foot beard should also be able to walk into a women's restroom because he's self diagnosed himself as gender fluid for the day. We can accept that a very small population of people truly believe they are the opposite sex, despite undeniable evidence to the contrary. That doesn't mean we accept the 80 different pronouns or made up gender classifications created by people with no scientific background or logical argument supporting their position. If your end argument is "MY BODY" or "WHY SHOULD YOU CARE", I only ask that you apply that principle to other areas you demand conformity to in order to see the problem with that argument.
    This also has about nothing to do with the question I asked, that the other guy "answered" without actually answering it.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-12-21 at 09:48 PM.