Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IMHO its sad that people are getting all salty over this.

As the same with racism, woman's right, etc Americans are to held up on the past. That is why we constantly repeat our mistakes. Until this country can let go of the past and move to the future as human beings we will continue to be to be plagued socially by these issues. We should be at a point in evolution where color and sex dont matter anymore but as long as there are people out fighting for gay, black, woman's right etc we will move further and further away from being equal. The day Americans stand up and fight for HUMAN RIGHTS is the day we will all be equal. Until then, these organization will keep us separated to feed their own agendas.

Whos to say the writer or writers know or have family that LGBT. This may effect them in their life so they chose to write about it. They also may not and could be doing it to save face. Honestly tho, it doesnt matter to me. They chose to write the story this way and its not up to me to decided if its right or wrong but it is up to me wither i chose to read the content or not. It is not being forced on me in game and even if it was its was the writers choice which give me the choice to play or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This analysis is a bit off - just to quickly note: they aren't "fighting" in any meaningful sense in the video games. It's not really much time or effort wasted to include a picture of Tracer kissing her girlfriend. Or to post on Twitter that you'd like such a thing. Maybe 5 seconds. Oh no.

On the story note, the story of Overwatch (there is one???) wasn't compromised at all by having Tracer kiss her gf for one slide.
    I'm more referring to games in general. People have shown outrage when Warcraft didn't define sexuality and even Blizzard said they wouldn't because it's not necessary for their universe. Forcing them to write in new characters just to satisfy people would be dumb.

For Overwatch if they defined Tracer as being lesbian or bi-sexual then that's great. There's shouldn't be anything wrong with it as that was the intended part of the story. Now if they redacted it due to outrage I'd think that's stupid but it wouldn't stop me from playing the game. I don't play Tracer myself because I suck with her. I prefer Mei.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not being represented isn't necessarily due to ridiculing, judgmental views, etc. It's because the creator of the story didn't have that in their vision. When you're writing a story you don't go out of your way to add characters to appease specific groups of people. That compromises your story. You write it because you're inspired to write a story. That hasn't exactly sank into the brains of most SJW's.

This is completely separate from the other comment. The LGBT advocates that throw it in people's faces do so because they are ridiculed, judged, attacked, etc in an effort to bring attention to that problem. Creating a game with a LGBT character has no bearing on things in real life. That's the problem. They are fighting these video game battles instead of focusing on the real problem. Life. It's a big deflection which doesn't help their cause at all. They should be fighting against the people creating laws to discriminate against them!
    Lack of representation has more to do with the type of stories companies choose to invest in, but your example doesn't make sense here. The creators of Overwatch wanted the character to be gay. That's why they... made the character gay. The only thing that would have compromised their story would have been if the potential nerd-rage stopped them from doing so.

Why can't you advocate for more representation in video games and also fight against discriminatory laws? Obviously, you can. I'd also say that LGBT characters in video games absolutely affect real life. LGBT kids seeing characters that are like them has a real social impact. Can you imagine growing up without a single straight/white/male character to look up to or root for?

It's seeming more and more like you just don't want characters like these in your games. Saying they should focus on real problems, saying it doesn't help their cause... that's all just deflections and excuses. Sorry, but it is.

My first reaction to seeing it was just, that's annoying. I'm not annoyed because Tracer is gay, but because of the huge reaction it's gotten. I just don't see it as a big deal. It's something you see and them simply just say, so that's a thing, and then move on. Zennyatta could be a monkey fucker and I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Leave it to Overwatch to make their franchise mascot the multiple-minority one.

Must have focus grouped that one. What a better way to virtue signal than that?!

Incoming complaints about the attractive, skinny, white one being the lesbian. My popcorn is ready.
    C...can I have some..too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Seems like anything that isn't default straight white male seems to be accused of being forced these days.
    Well hasn't everything blizzard been heteronormative up to this point?

I mean, why is it a big deal that tracer is homosexual? why was it an announcement? An unveiling? Like oooh big surprise soon, one of our heroes is gay!

Being gay is normal, right? So why is it so special?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard trying to capitalize on another popular theme/movement/cultural thing. Nothing new to see here, folks. Continue as normal, Blizzard Sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

I mean, why is it a big deal that tracer is homosexual? why was it an announcement? An unveiling? Like oooh big surprise soon, one of our heroes is gay!

There was actually no announcement that she's gay. It simply appears in the latest edition of a comic.

I'd ask you the same question: why is it such a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Blizzard trying to capitalize on another popular theme/movement/cultural thing. Nothing new to see here, folks. Continue as normal, Blizzard Sheeple.
    Boom! There you go.

Anduin will be next, I bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Boom! There you go.

Anduin will be next, I bet.
    No... you gotta take this thing next level. Calling it now: Sylvannus.

Deleted
    Reason why this created such a huge uproar is not really because of Blizzard but other factors that have been attempting to force down something trivial which most people don't really care about down their throats. LGBT is only about 3% of the total population yet mass media tries to portray it as something much more, they use it like a weapon.

Newtons law. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Divide and conquer, the oldest trick in the book, a divided people are a people that are easily controlled and that's why i am annoyed by Blizzard pulling a stunt like this. It was a bad timing, and you dont pour oil into a fire if you want to put it out.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-12-22 at 09:29 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck does the sexual orientation of a CARTOON CHARACTER spark an 87 page discussion? Seriously, get a fucking life with some actual problems already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny to watch the people complain about it being pointless or overblown are the ones who feel the need to talk about it all the time. Was a couple of panels in a comic, not forced or hyped by Blizzard and yet... people forget OW has always been about a diverse cast.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    implying anything is being discussed! this entire thread is shit posting
    Fair enough. The "get a life" part stands though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Kind of offtopic, but no. In the Enchanting quest chain in Legion there are two ghosts, one priestess and one female druid, who were lovers in life. Blizzard is quietly slipping LGBT characters into their games.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    I cant understand homophobia in this topic.

Why are you so angry ppl?

Homosexuality is a normal thing.

You have to accept it. We live in 21st century. wake up.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    There was actually no announcement that she's gay. It simply appears in the latest edition of a comic.

I'd ask you the same question: why is it such a big deal?
    It's the latest incarnation of homophobia.

Since it's no longer socially acceptable to be outright homophobic, the homophobes now lose their collective shit if they have to be subjected to anything LGBT. This gives them the plausible deniability of "well, I didn't say anything was WRONG with it, I just don't want to have it forced down my throat!", while at the same time still voicing their disdain.

They SAY they don't care about it, they CLAIM that they have no problem, but their actions speak loudly enough to indicate that both of these are lies.

The same goes for the, "I don't care what they do behind closed doors, but I don't want to see that shit!" crowd. It's homophobia wrapped in the suggestion of tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I fail to see why this is a big deal. I mean, do you see the two of them making out every time you start the match playing as one of them?
    I wouldn't mind seeing a hot redhead making out every time I started a match.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It's the latest incarnation of homophobia.

Since it's no longer socially acceptable to be outright homophobic, the homophobes now lose their collective shit if they have to be subjected to anything LGBT. This gives them the plausible deniability of "well, I didn't say anything was WRONG with it, I just don't want to have it forced down my throat!", while at the same time still voicing their disdain.

They SAY they don't care about it, they CLAIM that they have no problem, but their actions speak loudly enough to indicate that both of these are lies.

The same goes for the, "I don't care what they do behind closed doors, but I don't want to see that shit!" crowd. It's homophobia wrapped in the suggestion of tolerance.
    Look up at the sky! Its a bird! Its a plane! No its ...

Captain PC-boy! (sorry for identifying your gender)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    No... you gotta take this thing next level. Calling it now: Sylvannus.
    The banshee queen is a whole different category of WTF. Especially if you read War Crimes where she tried to seduce her sister, Vereesa.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    How the fuck does the sexual orientation of a CARTOON CHARACTER spark an 87 page discussion? Seriously, get a fucking life with some actual problems already.
    Stories clear away everything that is routine and mundane, leaving only what matters. In the context of what reasonable people should talk about, stories are every bit as relevant as real life.