Page 86 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Hit combo is easy as hell, I can't believe someone just said it's hard... and in fact there are only two possible ways to break it...namely double TP and double BoK
    Serenity is fine as long as u do two RSK, one FoF and SWL in it without wasting too much SWL/FoF cd
    Outside of serenity u just use RSK FoF and SWL as soon as they come off CD
    That's pretty much 99% of our rotation, how on earth does that make us the hardest spec to play
    I think you are underestimating the ability to fuck up of your average random player.

But yes, WW is far from a hard class. Probably not the easiest tho (remember BM exist)

Has there been any word about the Serenity change/bug on PTR from Blizz, or a fix? If that's an intended change from them, I'll have to seriously consider rerolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Has there been any word about the Serenity change/bug on PTR from Blizz, or a fix? If that's an intended change from them, I'll have to seriously consider rerolling.
    It's intended, to bring it in line with other CD reduction effects. However, they do intend to buff it in other ways to counteract this.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    It's intended, to bring it in line with other CD reduction effects. However, they do intend to buff it in other ways to counteract this.
    Thanks.

This is very depressing... with this Serenity change and buffs/fixes to SEF, I'm not sure I will enjoy that more simple playstyle as much. Maximizing Serenity is the fun complexity with WW imo; Hit Combo is pretty simple, SCK is just an annoyance due to how tab target works atm, and making the most of EE barely seems to have any effect on DPS.

Serenity is pretty easy once you get used to the halved CDs. It's mostly just a weird barrier of entry to people who want to try out Windwalker.

Deleted
    Does anybody Else greatly prefer PowerStrikes to EE?. i know i know on single target they are both mega close but what about Aoe? Does EE pull Ahead by far compared to Power strikes? I much prefer Powerstrikes, not because its easier but i feel the rotation feels more dynamic. Im just wondering if im nerfing myself to much on Aoe using Powerstrikes.

Merry Xmas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Does anybody Else greatly prefer PowerStrikes to EE?. i know i know on single target they are both mega close but what about Aoe? Does EE pull Ahead by far compared to Power strikes? I much prefer Powerstrikes, not because its easier but i feel the rotation feels more dynamic. Im just wondering if im nerfing myself to much on Aoe using Powerstrikes.

Merry Xmas.
    If we're talking bracer+WDP, then EE is just flat out better for what should be obvious reasons.

Being able to pool chi for big AoE SCK packs between Serenity AoE packs seems huge, though. Tag a bunch, then FoF/TP/SCK/TP/SCK/EE/Chi Wve/SCK/TP/SCK/TP/SCK. The smoother Chi gen of PS loses out here as you'll hit 5 chi earlier (so less tagged mobs, if the group is huge), and you don't get anywhere near as many SCKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post

Merry Xmas.
    EE is much better when it comes to AoE, the on demand 5 chi gives you huge SCK bursts when u have high stacks

- - - Updated - - -

i feel like blizz is going in the wrong direction on PTR, our fundamental issue is that our artifact traits are too lackluster and we dont scale with stats properly, a flat damage boost would only make monks below 860 iL OP and those above 900 iL suck
    hopefully thats not how they plan to adjust our damage

They said:
    "In addition to some changes that are visible normally in the client (damage of most Windwalker abilities), a recent hotfix included one change that won't be noticeable until you try it, which is a very large increase to Xuen's damage."

Can comeone check it out? If its close to hit combo or so?
    Sorry for my english.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razios View Post
    They said:
    "In addition to some changes that are visible normally in the client (damage of most Windwalker abilities), a recent hotfix included one change that won't be noticeable until you try it, which is a very large increase to Xuen's damage."

Can comeone check it out? If its close to hit combo or so?
    I would love it if Xuen became mathematically equal to hit-combo. I guess it would be better in myth plus for the additional burst on bosses.

But realistically this is a rare blue post on WW but I fail to see how this fixes any of the issues with WW

- lack of scaling
    - lack of single target dps

Making Xuen a viable talent choice still does not make WW viable.

Raising dmg on our abilities by 4% does not bring us up to par and does not fix our scaling issues, especially when they hard nerf Serenity, hard nerf the bis legendary and take away 5% crit chance.

They said they will Fix/Buff SEF and buff Serenity to be equal of SEF(w/o bracers I hope).

Xuen can't be mathematically equal to hit-combo. As its 3 min cd that last 45sec. So he must be slighty better on fights that last for x-use Xuen full durations and ends shortly after. So hit-combo should be better on fights that last for x-use Xuen duration and end just before x+1-use is rdy to use ;p

But making him with current duration/cd equall to hit combo will give us even more burst. And then lack of dmg phase longer.
    Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Razios View Post
    They said they will Fix/Buff SEF and buff Serenity to be equal of SEF(w/o bracers I hope).

Xuen can't be mathematically equal to hit-combo. As its 3 min cd that last 45sec. So he must be slighty better on fights that last for x-use Xuen full durations and ends shortly after. So hit-combo should be better on fights that last for x-use Xuen duration and end just before x+1-use is rdy to use ;p

But making him with current duration/cd equall to hit combo will give us even more burst. And then lack of dmg phase longer.
    I don't think we are too burst relied, rather, we suck too much when we're not bursting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    I would love it if Xuen became mathematically equal to hit-combo. I guess it would be better in myth plus for the additional burst on bosses.

But realistically this is a rare blue post on WW but I fail to see how this fixes any of the issues with WW

- lack of scaling
    - lack of single target dps

Making Xuen a viable talent choice still does not make WW viable.

Raising dmg on our abilities by 4% does not bring us up to par and does not fix our scaling issues, especially when they hard nerf Serenity, hard nerf the bis legendary and take away 5% crit chance.
    Hard nerf BiS legendary? Did I miss something in the notes? Seen no changes to the boots, and the only changes I've seen to the belt was a buff to work until 85%, which was then removed. Some comments on official forums say that Xuen is getting 600% of player AP instead of 100%, and thus is actually a huge burst tool. We shall see.

EDIT - Oh, you mean the cloak, don't you, for the legendary? Thought that was worse DPS than the belt/boots, honestly.
    Last edited by mmoca3e4aa7234; 2016-12-23 at 12:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard nerf BiS legendary? Did I miss something in the notes? Seen no changes to the boots, and the only changes I've seen to the belt was a buff to work until 85%, which was then removed. Some comments on official forums say that Xuen is getting 600% of player AP instead of 100%, and thus is actually a huge burst tool. We shall see.
    That is what happened to Xuen, it gets 600% AP, up from 100% of your AP. It makes it useful for short bursts and priority target burst, but not sustained over HC. So it has a use, just not a frequent one.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    The cloak is still the BIS legendary both as defensive and offensive tool, not the boots.

They nerfed the damage potential of the cloak and completely took away the defensive aspect of it.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-12-23 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    The cloak is still the BIS legendary both as defensive and offensive tool, not the boots.
    Really? My bad, thought the boots were a bigger DPS increase.

Does Xuen scale with haste? on PTR the DPS from Xuen and hit combo seems pretty similar (and the burst with Xuen is insane), but that's from my limited training dummy tests. I'm even doing more damage with Xuem it seems.
    Last edited by Syld; 2016-12-23 at 02:39 PM.

They nerfed the damage potential of the cloak and completely took away the defensive aspect of it.
    While the cloak did see a defensive nerf, you are forgetting that the increased ToK damage also increases the healing you get from the artifact trait.

Really? My bad, thought the boots were a bigger DPS increase.
    Boots will become more valuable when we get the RSK cd reduction from our tier set in Nighthold.
    Last edited by Weriik; 2016-12-23 at 02:58 PM.

On PTR Serenity is 40% dmg not 45% like live. You think they bump it back to 45% to make up for that CD change?

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    On PTR Serenity is 40% dmg not 45% like live. You think they bump it back to 45% to make up for that CD change?
    The extra 5% comes from the artifact weapon. There's a trait that increases the damage of SEF/serenity by 5%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Does Xuen scale with haste? on PTR the DPS from Xuen and hit combo seems pretty similar (and the burst with Xuen is insane), but that's from my limited training dummy tests. I'm even doing more damage with Xuem it seems.
    Is he cleaving to 3 targets when you're training on the dummies? Or is that purely ST testing?
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.