Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't think of many other terms to describe a man who encourages extra judicial killings and seems to be above the law himself as anything other than corrupt. You can hardly claim the moral high ground when your entire platform seems to be about ignoring law and order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I can't think of many other terms to describe a man who encourages extra judicial killings and seems to be above the law himself as anything other than corrupt. You can hardly claim the moral high ground when your entire platform seems to be about ignoring law and order.
    When someone says "law and order", they've usually skipped 5 words.

Specifically, "I", "am", "the", "obey", and "my".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At some point this fucker needs to be taken out. Especially when his country supports him so much. When insane people like this are in power and have the support of the populace it rarely leads to good things.
    Why do you fear justice? Does your guilt eat away at you?

The guy is corrupt, he's also a druggie. Since he's not killing himself, it also makea him a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At some point this fucker needs to be taken out. Especially when his country supports him so much. When insane people like this are in power and have the support of the populace it rarely leads to good things.
    Or, better yet, leave them to it - you need only look at the Middle East to see how eliminating 'bad guys' often leads to even worse individuals stepping in to replace them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    i see nothing wrong with extrajudicial killings when applied to violent gangs everyone knows are guilty. the world will be a better place without them.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Some drug addict or drug dealer will eventually get to him. Maybe he can go up against El Chapo. I am sure Chapo is looking for a win after losing to Trump.
    Chapo is currently tapped to head the DEA under Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Trump, Erdogan and Netanyahu.
    World of Strongmen : Cold war 2 sounds like a cool game
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The man is clearly insane, but are his tactics actually working? I can't find much on the Philippines drug trade but it must be having an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why do you fear justice? Does your guilt eat away at you?
    Because killing people without evidence is not justice. Especially since it's much easier to accidentally kill innocents doing that. People support this because they don't think it could ever happen to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Should make a new pseudo-Axis with all the shit on the news these days.
    We've got Putin and Duterte. Who's number three?
    Russia, Phillipines, Turkey, Israel, USA, and soon to be France.

This Axis would have a much better showing against the rest of the world than the WWII Axis did.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The man is clearly insane, but are his tactics actually working? I can't find much on the Philippines drug trade but it must be having an impact.
    In the way that killing everyone stops them from doing anything, yes.

straight out of scarface

I love this guy, he's my kinda guy.

Deleted
    First thing that came to mind really:

I think Duterte is a pretty cool guy. Kills corrupt officials and doesn't afraid of anything!

Deleted
    It looks more like shock teraphy, than anything more. Won't say its acceptable, but still nothing compared to Saudi Arabia and killing horse because he had homosexual act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Because it's his definition of corrupt. If there was a trial, and the person found guilty, sure, I'm not above killing politicians to set an example, but as we've seen with his drug campaign, there's no need for proof. There's literally nothing in place to stop him, or anyone, from killing someone they don't like and claiming drug use/corruption.
    Layers are expensive and the usual rich criminals are not found guilty.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's corrupt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Corrupt people killing other corrupt people. Ah yes, the cognitively dissonant vox populi clamouring for a stronger ochlocracy, while signalling their new Führer that they agree with whatever immoral message he spouts, is nothing surprising and it seems to be a reoccuring theme among humans. They usually justify it with their conflicting morals being violated and thus he gets to do whatever he wants as long as he manages to keep up the facade. People these days, again, are more and more willing to compensate their own lack intelligence and inability to find and work for long-term solution with some radical short-burst problem-"solving" wannabe in charge. If throwing people from helicopters without any trial is okay for people then I guess the obsolescence of the rule of law is also okay for these people. Concerning? Not the least. If mankind wants to end up as a bunch of loin-clad club-swinging barbarians again, who am I to stop their democratically elected fate?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!