Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Wow should become f2p for the casuals

I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off , they can simply remove access to normall-mythic raids and maybe some other features to from f2p players , that way everyone would enjoy this game on a fair price.

I personally play semihardcore atm raiding mythic etc and thats because it wouldnt justify the cost otherwise but real life and other responsibilities make it harder to keep up , i would like to play casually just to see the story and kill some time but the price is way too much.

Deleted
    Wow should become pay2win for the Asians.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off , they can simply remove access to normall-mythic raids and maybe some other features to from f2p players , that way everyone would enjoy this game on a fair price.

I personally play semihardcore atm raiding mythic etc and thats because it wouldnt justify the cost otherwise but real life and other responsibilities make it harder to keep up , i would like to play casually just to see the story and kill some time but the price is way too much.
    Get a job.

Or you could get a job.

7+ Year Old Account

4 lfr? your getting another 4 in a few weeks
    and casuals do MUCH more then lfr, there is normal and heroic dungeons, there is world quests, old mog runs, tons of things, if a player is playing just to do lfr then log off ,they shouldent be playing if they dont see it worth their money

hate to break it to you, but you arnt being forced to pay... if you dont see your money as worth, then dont pay
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    WoW isn't expensive, find a means to support playing or don't play.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Casuals already get enough as is.

with huge wow population decline, i see why not.

Deleted
    There is a massive downside of f2p games - lack of moderation. People don't care about their accounts because they'd just get a new one, so banning f2p players is pointless. That results in players caring even less about their behavior than they do in WoW, which results in skyhigh levels of toxicity.

Not that Blizzard moderates WoW anymore, because they barely do. Everything has been replaced by automated systems that don't work. However at least subscription and occasional bans keeps the most toxic people out. f2p would make game even more toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    There is a massive downside of f2p games - lack of moderation. People don't care about their accounts because they'd just get a new one, so banning f2p players is pointless. That results in players caring even less about their behavior than they do in WoW, which results in skyhigh levels of toxicity.

Not that Blizzard moderates WoW anymore, because they barely do. Everything has been replaced by automated systems that don't work. However at least subscription and occasional bans keeps the most toxic people out. f2p would make game even more toxic.
    I'm amused that you're actually answering this seriously

Get a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

10+ Year Old Account

It is already F2P. I've been playing ever since the beginning of the expansion without a single dollar. I just take the time to complete a few world quests per weeks/do my class halls missions religiously on a single character and I get by really easily.

EDIT: Before I get yet another quote of people misunderstanding this, F2P is being used the way OP has used it. More accurately, World of Warcraft use a B2P with an optionnal subscription, funded through an "offer and demand" fluctuating market. It is entirely possible to play without spending a single dollar for several months - if not continually - minus the expansions that you have to pay for, no matter what.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-12-30 at 08:51 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I'm amused that you're actually answering this seriously
    I think some people are genuinely asking for f2p, not just for trolling. They need to be educated on downsides of f2p path. It has been happening every few months since beginning of WoW.

If it's worth your time then it's worth your money.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you don't think its worth it then don't pay simple as that, theirs no reason for it to go f2p.

If casual wont pay to play WoW this is going to be the end of WoW serioulsy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    with huge wow population decline, i see why not.
    please provide your data and statics how much has the population deiced exactly how many people are playing right now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Uh, if you can't make the required hold for a token each month, you're doing something majorly wrong. Roll an herbalist and go farm for 2 hours.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It's 12 euros.
    If you have problems paying that you should probably play less and focus more on getting a job.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, this thread again..

No game, in the history of games, have EVER benefitted from going from pay2play to free2play.. NOT A SINGLE ONE...

Free2play is the last step, before the game dies, speeding up the process..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/