Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb Does It Not Concern You That You Cannot Control Your Dreams?

Lucid dreamers aside

Are you not bothered by the fact that every night, when you go to sleep, another being (used in the loosest of terms) takes over your consciousness entirely.
    And that every morning, due to influence totally out of your control, whether you recognize it or not, your actions the following day are directly affected, effectively making that person not you anymore?

Do you ever wonder what purpose other entities within your dreams actually serve? Sure they seem harmless to the sleeping mind, but if you really think about it, they seem to be literally harvesting information from your unprotected, unaware mind.

It's quite literally a dog and pony show put on for you in order to determine how you react to certain situations. And what I assert, is that these entities are often quite demonic in nature- if you let your guard slip up that much.

For example, last night I dreamt I was among 3 or 4 other regular human beings, seemingly having a friendly discussion. Suddenly, for whatever reason, my dream instantly became lucid, and whatever illusion it was that they had used to contact me began to fade. I suddenly was able to see their true forms as their faces began to morph. Totally malicious. They all just stood there as I looked upon them in confusion, and they looked back with huge, sinister grins. They seemed to have gotten what they came for, and almost seemed to have pity for such a simple creature. The scary part is, I couldn't remember what we had been talking about or what information I had divulged to them. Next thing I know (or rather don't), they are gone and I am dreaming totally unaware again.

You can't tell me this wouldn't bother you.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

What the hell are you on man?

So is it folk like you who get visited and anally probed by aliens?

What else do you believe in?

Chemtrails? Flat Earth? Demon airplanes?

In Ned Flanders voice; Just trust in the Lord and he will protect you from the evils of Satan and his henchmen. Though I walk through the Valley of death, I fear no evil, for I am the baddest Motherf*cker here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Lucid dreamers aside

Are you not bothered by the fact that every night, when you go to sleep, another being (used in the loosest of terms) takes over your consciousness entirely.
    And that every morning, due to influence totally out of your control, whether you recognize it or not, your actions the following day are directly affected, effectively making that person not you anymore?

Do you ever wonder what purpose other entities within your dreams actually serve? Sure they seem harmless to the sleeping mind, but if you really think about it, they seem to be literally harvesting information from your unprotected, unaware mind.

It's quite literally a dog and pony show put on for you in order to determine how you react to certain situations. And what I assert, is that these entities are often quite demonic in nature- if you let your guard slip up that much.

For example, last night I dreamt I was among 3 or 4 other regular human beings, seemingly having a friendly discussion. Suddenly, for whatever reason, my dream instantly became lucid, and whatever illusion it was that they had used to contact me began to fade. I suddenly was able to see their true forms as their faces began to morph. Totally malicious. They all just stood there as I looked upon them in confusion, and they looked back with huge, sinister grins. They seemed to have gotten what they came for, and almost seemed to have pity for such a simple creature. The scary part is, I couldn't remember what we had been talking about or what information I had divulged to them. Next thing I know (or rather don't), they are gone and I am dreaming totally unaware again.

You can't tell me this wouldn't bother you.
    Well, I rarely remember my dreams, and those that I do are generally not very pleasant. So i'm a bit ok with not being able to control them.

As for your experience, I have no idea where you get the idea that dreams are inhabited by actual entities. That is quite a bit far fetched. I don't believe there is any supernatural behavior going on. Just your brain going wild while you are at rest.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    What the actual.. no it doesn't. My dreams have a purpose. They serve as sort of virtual simulations to find the possible outcomes of solutions to real life problems.

I always find dreams very helpful, even though they can get a bit surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have no idea where you get the idea that dreams are inhabited by actual entities.
    Like I said, in the loosest of terms. What else would you consider these other people in your dreams, totally separate from yourself and often seemingly with their own agenda.

If you sort your life out, you get better dreams, find someone to love.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

None of my dreams make any sense and are rarely grounded in any coherent form of physics or science my subconscious should have an understanding of. I think my subconscious dreaming self has been too damaged from video games to develop any dreams that may confuse me for being real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, in the loosest of terms. What else would you consider these other people in your dreams, totally separate from yourself and often seemingly with their own agenda.

They aren't beings, they're projections of your subconscious.

Yes. It bothers to me to point of losing sleep over it.

I have never been able to dream or recall what I dreamed about if I do.

It is pretty much like blinking for me... one second its night then the next it is morning so I don't really know what I am missing out on I guess.

> Are you not bothered by the fact that every night, when you go to sleep, another being (used in the loosest of terms) takes over your consciousness entirely.

Scary framing. How about, are you not bothered by the fact that you lose access to so much of yourself when awake? You aren't just your conscious mind, after all.

My mind can wander onto unrelated subjects while I am fully awake, so why should I be worried that being less conscious would offer less control.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Why would it bother me? It doesn't affect my actual life. Worst dream I've had, I had 2 times maybe 8 years apart. I fell asleep on my couch and dreamed someone breaks in and starts stabbing me, then I dream I wake up and go "ah just a dream" but then it repeats, about 4-5 times. That one was pretty scary when you actually woke up for real and hoping someone didn't open my door in the coming 5 seconds :P

Doesn't affect me at all 1 minute later tho and dreams are most likely some form of your thoughts that are not constrained by our reality checking stuff because it's very much offline to rest during our deepest sleep.

From the way you seem to view dreams you have some sort of mental issues and that's probably why you get fucked up dreams and have a hard time handling them, making you look for strange explanations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you had what we call a nightmare OP.

I don't even remember my dreams 99% of the time. The few I do are crazy vivid and I lucid dreamed a few of them but nothing fun ever happens it's basically just a warped dejavu-esque scenario I've already encountered.

I look forward to my dreams honestly. It's the type of escapism many people crave - so real you can hardly tell what is and isn't true. LSD's hallucinogen effects make it a popular drug for a reason. Reality sucks and has laws, dreams don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont really give a fuck, sleep for me feels like 5 minutes of non existence.
    then BAM! back into life the next morning.

Formerly known as Arafal

I once had a dream that I stole Dave Guetta's car, avoided a BLM riot at the Santa Rosa Mall, got chased by police, and found a "hamster farm" that was R&D'ing hamster poop as fuel.

It was entertaining, and I doubt I could have come up with it on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    Why would it bother me? It doesn't affect my actual life. Worst dream I've had, I had 2 times maybe 8 years apart. I fell asleep on my couch and dreamed someone breaks in and starts stabbing me, then I dream I wake up and go "ah just a dream" but then it repeats, about 4-5 times. That one was pretty scary when you actually woke up for real and hoping someone didn't open my door in the coming 5 seconds :P

Doesn't affect me at all 1 minute later tho and dreams are most likely some form of your thoughts that are not constrained by our reality checking stuff because it's very much offline to rest during our deepest sleep.

From the way you seem to view dreams you have some sort of mental issues and that's probably why you get fucked up dreams and have a hard time handling them, making you look for strange explanations.
    I had a night terror about a year ago where I experienced sleep paralysis, I was awake, in my bedroom and I recall only able to move my eyes. I couldn't move my body no matter how hard I tried, I yelled to my wife that something was wrong with me and to help. Then a figure was standing in the corner of my bedroom. He lights a candle on a sconce, starts repeating something I can't really remember fully anymore, but paraphrasing it was something like "welcome to the other side, you have until this candle dies to make it back to yours". I started sweating really heavy, scared shitless. Then the candle dies, and the figure screams the most bloodcurdling sound I've ever heard in my entire life. Then I woke up. It was so bloody scary and real, I often looked around for the next few days looking for clues of if I had entered some kind of near-identical copy of what I thought was reality. Looking back it sounds dumb to think I dreamed and entered a different dimension, but at the time it was so damn horrifying and felt so real I couldn't help myself but to think that way.

You're all being deceived. Wake up.

You're all being deceived. Wake up.
    So these "beings" are hoping into billions of people's heads, every time they close their eyes and sleep? They don't have anything better else to do? Seems there has to be a better way to suck brain juice out of people.