Ok, here's a good one actually.
    1. I've grinded Mimiron's Head for a veeeery long time. I mean all of my friends who has this mount got it in maximum 100-150 kills. But I got when I was around 280-300 kills or something and I was farming it with 10-15 characters. But still I'm at more than 350 kills on Invincible and more than 550 kills on Deathcharger's Reins which is annoying as...
    2. The mount I didn't expect to get is easily Elegon mount. So here's the deal. I was buying raid lockouts back in Draenor for LK and Yogg to save time, and the guy who sells the lockouts asked me to help him get the lockout for Elegon, so that I can the lockout for free. I tried to get the mount for a couple of times back in Pandaria with my guildies, but it didn't go ok. So whatever, my lockout seller and I went to the Mogushan Vaults, killed the bosses up to Elegon, and he left so that I can kill Elegon. And boom! It dropped! I was literally shocked that I couldn't even react to it. It was the most awesome moment for me.
    3. And for this one -apart from Elegon-, I stopped raiding back in Draenor, and started to farm gold and mounts and stuff with loads of characters. And then I decided to buy Felsteel Annihilator, but I was definitely not gonna pay 1.5m gold for that, so I decided to give up. But just the day before pre-patch, I saw an on tradechat that says, "WTS Archimonde mount, cheaper than everyone else," by one of most popular guilds in my realm. I thought whatever, and asked him the price, and he said... 800k. And I didn't miss it, so now I'm so happy for being not have to farm it over and over again!

Thanks to the wonderful helpful people on the discord <3.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Aha yes, yes they do!
    There's the people that are obviously joking around that are like 'I hate you, you lucky bastard'.
    But there's some that will get mad because they think you don't deserve it, people that will say it looks like shit and rant on about that, or people that abuse you because they think you got it off the BMAH. And of course the /spits. It's been a while since anyone has said anything, last one was some guy a a month or two ago. I was waiting at Nalak and he kept whispering my alts on different characters (he was probably waiting for Nalak too) just calling me rude names and saying Sha mount was shit and that I 'probably bought it'. So many /ignores that day haha.
    But that happens with other stuff too. Anyone with the spider mount can justify that if someone thinks you dropped 1-2mil + on a mount they will happily tell you you are an idiot and it's a waste of gold and yada yada. My guild still gives me shit (jokingly of course) about dropping 1.5mil on the Archi mount.

Personally I prefer dropping gold on mounts rather than spending gold on gear that will become useless come the next raid tier (unless it's actually good for tmog).
    The amount of hate I've gotten for buying sha is insane. I had 5k+ attempts, I worked just as hard if not harder than most people who looted this damn thing, but I'm being told all sorts of crap that I'm not a real collector cause I probably just bought everything else anyway, my sha mount doesnt count cause i didn't loot it blah blah on top of being called names. It's really pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Misspirate View Post

1. Which mount you have grinded the most for and have attained at last.
    2. Which mount you were shocked and didn't expect to get.
    3. Which mount out of your collected you are most happy to have.
    1) Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, 5200+ attempts.
    2) I looted the time lost proto drake at the start of 2016, I spent 5-6 weeks camping it each day on a 2nd account and missed the first tag on it once, killed it but died after and was unable to get the GM to give it to me and then finallllly killed it and didn't die and looted it and was shocked and ecstatic it was finally over.
    3) Swift Zulian Tiger. Thanks Jrammy. <3

Geez, thats a bit sad :/
    had it since mid mop, never had any whispers aside from the few "nice mount" but even they are rare. don't even use it anymore because it's annoying on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Alliance targetting my low-levels while waiting for Nalak and killing them.
    I've definitely done that before... No regrets.

Got this baby, about a hour or two ago. I was so hyped, because as i was running back from being dead, I was watching the loot window. Saw someone get a item, saw two other urns drop, and im like "Dude, its totally mine, its coming" Sure enough, I loot the body, and lo and behold!
    Last edited by Brohoof; 2016-12-30 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    I've only seen Invincible drop once and that was on an Openraid run, so of course, I lost the roll... /sigh. My gear still sucks too much to start soloing, so knowing me I won't be able to start until next expac...Ugh.

Deleted
    Got Horridon but yet to get Ji Kun.

Would have liked it to be the other way around - less time consuming.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OakWillow View Post
    I've only seen Invincible drop once and that was on an Openraid run, so of course, I lost the roll... /sigh. My gear still sucks too much to start soloing, so knowing me I won't be able to start until next expac...Ugh.
    which class are you running and which xpac do you mean by?

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    which class are you running and which xpac do you mean by?
    You can solo easy LK with even green gear from legion expansion. best way I did it was to tank him even with none tank characters right next to the throne just in case one of those spears that knock you back hits you then you dont go flying. I did this with every class its easy and this was done back in draenor expansion.

Well, with the year drawing closer to an end, I thought it would be nice to us look back on our mount adventures! I think it would be nice to post the following things:

1 - Poundfist, camped weeks for it, and almost lost my sanity
    2 - Infinite Timereaver, got it on the second day after it was introduced, on my 10th dungeon
    3 - All the TCG mounts I bought when they were cheap. Argent Charger is my favorite. Still regret not buying the Magic Rooster.

Mount# 356. Honestly don't think it's that rare, but whatever.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

1.Swift Zulian Tiger. Farmed it on 8 chars every week, got it 2 weeks before it was removed
    2.Experiment 12-B. Dropped on a transmog run, we had around 10 people in raid and i won the roll.
    3.Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher. It might sound weird since it's easy to get now but ever since WC3 i though frost wyrms are the coolest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by OakWillow View Post
    Do you not have Legion? lol

10+ Year Old Account

1. Probably Mimiron's Head. I admit I did scream when it finally dropped.
    2. Horridon, it was the first mount in my wow life I really didn't grind at all and won it in a transmog run with a couple of friends.
    3. Ironhoof Destroyer. Best 200k gold spent ever, on my tauren warrior looks massive as hell.

Happy new year all!

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    Happy new year all!

Gratz!!

How I envy you at the moment. I got 3870 kills with bonus roll since MOP expansion release and still have yet to see this mount drop for me. I have a friend of mine that got the mount drop for him 3 times doing the runs with me. still have the mount in his bag till this day.

Omg! This thing dropped from FIRST attempt! This is my first looted raid mount in game (aside from black war mammonth I looted back in Wotlk). Happy af.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post

Omg! This thing dropped from FIRST attempt! This is my first looted raid mount in game (aside from black war mammonth I looted back in Wotlk). Happy af.
    Gz.

One of the few mounts never dropped for me.

Rough streak is finally broken for mount #314. Counter is a bit off, my count is closer to about 120. Just need 2 each from DS and ToT to have every raid mount in the game. Feels great!