Thread: Season 9

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the redone "The Barber" dagger for witch doctors. I've always wanted to run a build or have a Set dedicated to Spirit Barrage and finally thy time has arrived!

In regards to the seasonal Sets offered, aren't those the same one's offered like 3 seasons ago? I remember doing the season (forget which one) that was around the time Greyhollow Island was first added in and those are the same sets.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Looking forward to the redone "The Barber" dagger for witch doctors. I've always wanted to run a build or have a Set dedicated to Spirit Barrage and finally thy time has arrived!

In regards to the seasonal Sets offered, aren't those the same one's offered like 3 seasons ago? I remember doing the season (forget which one) that was around the time Greyhollow Island was first added in and those are the same sets.
    Pretty much season 7/8/9 are the same sets with very small changes. It wasn't like Season 2-6 that saw big shifts in the sets used.

I haven't played since season 6 but I am thinking of coming back for season 9 to do the anniversary event. Is there anything else to look forward too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I haven't played since season 6 but I am thinking of coming back for season 9 to do the anniversary event. Is there anything else to look forward too?
    Nothing much to be honest, season is easier to do but from 6 different sets have been boosted enough to make the "viable" so you have more options to choose from. Until you just look at top notch builds, which seems to have not shifted much.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

If I have the time I might try to complete Season 9 challenges, I remember in season 7 or 8 I was missing 1

This conquests setup is so fucking easy. Doing the Thrill and Avarice if i cannot spawn Curses fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between Crusader and DH, which of the 2 will have the hardest time downing SKT13 in 30 seconds? Going to go for another stash tab finally, given that I like both the starter sets on the classes this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post

Yea, its gone through all the sets per class now, so we are having repeats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Pretty much season 7/8/9 are the same sets with very small changes. It wasn't like Season 2-6 that saw big shifts in the sets used.
    \

He was mroe meaning the starter sets, not the meta. Season 7/8/9, and likely 10, possible even 11 if Necros are slow to release will be using the same meta. Blizz is working on whatever, not enough resources to divest into giving D3 some real nice balancing. Ima try to get stash done in time for Necros though myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know how far you'll have to clear to get the pet? I don't really care about Stash space, but I really want that lil rock bastard.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably chapter 4, as usual.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like every time I feel like going back to Diablo 3 it's right at the end of a season, making it pointless to start for another week Oh well.

Wish the anniversary was something better. I think sadly other games got better diablo events going on than diablo 3 itself.

Deleted

What to play in S9?

I am in doubt, I am not sure what to play in S9? WD or DH?? Maybe LON crusader? You guys who tested on PTR what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    I am in doubt, I am not sure what to play in S9? WD or DH?? Maybe LON crusader? You guys who tested on PTR what do you think?
    Depends on what you like more. Playstyles are really different and all three classes have at least one new competitive build to try. LoN crusader is considerably harder to gear for though (mostly because of LoN and full ancient gear - but you could run invoker for very similar results).

Havent played since season 3/4 and just got a urge to get back into Diablo with some friends for a while, need a break from WoW.
    We have started reading up on things that have changed since we last played but I've struggled to find out if Wizard will be good as DPS in 2/3/4-grp meta.
    As I understand, WD will be the strongest choice for DPS in 4man meta, but how far behind would the Wizard be?

To be honest, I'm just trying to find a way not to play WD. What other DPS will be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTee View Post
    competitive
    There is no such thing in D3. Yes, there are best builds but they are all in a really small gap between each other.

The point is - what do you aim to? If you're aiming for #1 on ladders, prepare yourself to 24/7 100% efficient play otherwise you won't stand a chance, period. What makes the late game is insane Paragon farming and getting the right spawns in the GRs.

If you aim to journey completion, any build/set can do it without many issues. Wizard is more than playable and definitely a solid choice for high end GRs.

4 man meta is something playerbase created and pidgeonholed itself. Also, it happened already multiple times that someone discovers some new combination that is actually working.

Again, it all depends on what you're aiming to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helltooth pet Witchdoctor is still decent right? As long as you have that ring which makes your garg tiny and gives you three of him.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Helltooth pet Witchdoctor is still decent right? As long as you have that ring which makes your garg tiny and gives you three of him.
    Yeah it should still be solid, I played a version of it in S7 with no troubles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah it should still be solid, I played a version of it in S7 with no troubles.
    Champion. I probably wont be playing a HUGE amount, mostly just want to get the Pet, so Helltooth should serve me well.

Also, ddaawwww, evil doggo.

Deleted
    So... anyone still playing? :P
    JK
    Im gonna try WW Barb again since they buffed him a little. But probably still it wont get high.