Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Ford to scrap Mexico plant, invest in Michigan; CEO cites Trump policies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-policies.html

Before he's even taken office, President-elect Donald Trump has proven to be quite the job creator.

Ford Motor Company announced Tuesday it will cancel a $1.6 billion plant planned for Mexico and will instead invest $700 million in a Michigan assembly plant, directly tying the decision to “pro-growth policies” championed by President-elect Donald Trump.

Trump had previously been critical of Ford’s plans to build in Mexico. After the announcement, Trump tweeted a link to a story about the Ford decision and then added in a subsequent message: "Instead of driving jobs and wealth away, AMERICA will become the world's great magnet for INNOVATION & JOB CREATION."

“We’re doing this decision based on what’s right for our business,” Ford CEO Mark Fields told Neil Cavuto on Fox Business Network. “As we think about the investments here in Michigan, as you can imagine, Neil, we look at a lot of factors as we make those. One of the factors that we’re looking at is a more positive U.S. manufacturing business environment under President-elect Trump and some of the pro-growth policies he said he’s going to pursue. And so this is a vote of confidence.”

Fields said Ford would have gone ahead with the decision whether or not Trump was elected president, however, he did say that he alerted both Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence ahead of the announcement on Tuesday.

The Ford news was the latest in a string of pre-inauguration successes for Trump in the manufacturing sector.

In early December, air conditioner and furnace maker Carrier agreed to stay in Indiana after weeks of negotiations headed by Pence. The decision reportedly saved about 700 jobs that would have been shifted to Mexico.

Later in the month, wireless provider Sprint and Internet company OneWeb announced they would be adding thousands of jobs in the U.S. Both companies are controlled by SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son, who had previously met with Trump.

Earlier Tuesday morning, Trump took aim at another auto giant: General Motors.

"General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A. or pay big border tax!" Trump tweeted.

GM, however, quickly pushed back on Trump's assertions.

"GM builds the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback for global markets in Mexico, with a small number sold in the U.S." a statement said.

The investment in the Flat Rock Assembly Plant is set to create 700 jobs, according to Fields. The money, which was taken from the $1.6 billion earmarked for the Mexico plant, will be used to open a new factory that will build high-tech autonomous and electric vehicles as well as the Mustang and Lincoln Continental, the company said in a press release.

"I am thrilled that we have been able to secure additional UAW-Ford jobs for American workers," UAW Vice President Jimmy Settles said in the release. "The men and women of Flat Rock Assembly have shown a great commitment to manufacturing quality products, and we look forward to their continued success with a new generation of high-tech vehicles."
    A victory for the American workforce.

Witness the MAGA.

Trump doing more for workers in a few weeks as the President-Elect than Obama did in eight years as the actual President.

And its not only jobs its high tech jobs too, damn, what a fucking WIN.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

You're going to get tired of winning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So I mean...
    Yeah I mean if you wanna believe them, that's fine I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So I mean...
    It was funny then it was sad and I'm hoping it goes back to funny again.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    When choosing between Ford as a company or Trump, I believe Ford, every time. They lie a lot less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Why wouldn't we believe the company? You know the ones actually in charge of where the factories are going to be and such...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this actually goes through and we see an uptick in well paying jobs from this company? Fuck it, I'm a big enough man to give credit where it's due even if I don't like the guy.

They were going to do it anyways. This is like Trump claiming responsibility for the Sprint deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    If this actually goes through and we see an uptick in well paying jobs from this company? Fuck it, I'm a big enough man to give credit where it's due even if I don't like the guy.
    He is taking credit for what is happening under Obama. It's still 3 weeks before the words 'Trump's policy' have any remote justification. The same way Obama inherited the largest recession since the Great Depression, Trump is inheriting Obama's success. You know, that horrible economy that Trump ran as the crux of his campaign, is what he is now taking credit for.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    They were going to do it anyways. This is like Trump claiming responsibility for the Sprint deal.
    Trump is like ISIS. Calling dips on anything that will get him into the news.

"Yeah, I totally did that!...woops, wrong news, not Istanbul, I mean the Ford thing, my bad folks!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    ... or the economy... the Christmas spending... the Dow hitting 19000... the carrier deal... all before he has any ability to change existing policy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

"Yeah, I totally did that!...woops, wrong news, not Istanbul, I mean the Ford thing, my bad folks!"
    That's a stretch... I think Trump is a lot like John Barron or John Miller...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is taking credit for what is happening under Obama. It's still 3 weeks before the words 'Trump's policy' have any remote justification. The same way Obama inherited the largest recession since the Great Depression, Trump is inheriting Obama's success. You know, that horrible economy that Trump ran as the crux of his campaign, is what he is now taking credit for.
    Good point, actually. I hadn't actually taken the time to think of it in that context and I'll recant my statement for now and go back to being wary/sceptical.

... or the economy... the Christmas spending... the Dow hitting 19000... the carrier deal... all before he has any ability to change existing policy...

- - - Updated - - -

That's a stretch... I think Trump is a lot like John Barron or John Miller...
    Or even influence it. He's just stamping his name on Obama's deals and relevant news stories and giving that smug ass "mission accomplished" grin he even stole from Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    The fan boys are being awfully quiet all of the sudden

If Trump claimed that he is responsible for the sun rising in the morning, people would believe it.

And what is baffling is that the usual suspects managed to be brainwashed into believing that of all sectors of manufacturing, automobile was threatened by globalisation (when virtually all single car bought in the United States is assembled there, with the exception of some plants in Mexico.

(You do know, isn'it, that a Toyota and a Volkswagen you buy in the USA is assembled by American workers ? You [I]do[/I realize that dwindling marker shares of the big three is because they are making bad cars that are unsellable in countries where manhood is not tied to gussling 10 gallons per mile ?) ]
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-01-03 at 09:37 PM.

Yeah, but it's the promise of his greatness that's making all these things magically happen. Just like the promise of Obama's greatness made the GOP crap itself, and shut down congress for 6 years.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

I guess trying to compare him to Hitler got you guys no where, Better compare him to the next boogeyman!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    If Trump claimed that he is responsible for the sun rising in the morning, people would believe it.
    I mean, enough Liberals believed Hillary would be a good President. So no need to point fingers at other people being delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The fan boys are being awfully quiet all of the sudden
    Chances are they just got bored of arguing against brick Walls. they just rather them get built.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I guess trying to compare him to Hitler got you guys no where, Better compare him to the next boogeyman!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, enough Liberals believed Hillary would be a good President. So no need to point fingers at other people being delusional.
    So, nothing about the topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when is Trump going to take credit for the Geico Gecko saving us 15% or more on car insurance?