10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue One

Honestly? It was a 10/10 for me. I found the movie engrossing and I admit that I did get teary-eyed at the last half of the movie. Probably the best Star Wars movie I've ever seen. The pacing was so, soooo much better than The Force Awakens, even though I really did like that movie, too.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Just watched Marvel's "Civil War" on netflix last night. Saw it the first time in the theater and thought it was pretty good. But watching it again on the small screen, all I can really say is "Meh".

I will give them credit for actually showing off how people with super-powers would move and use different tactics than conventional wisdom would suggest. But overall the plot was just boring.

I give it a 7 out of 10 despite that, simply for being a VERY high-quality production, and not screwing up the super-hero formula. Needs better writing in the future, however.

Hpw Civil War Should have ended (Not just funny, but some of the things said made so much more sense that it made me look at the movie differently, in a more negative light)

Passengers 6.5/10
    Kinda dull.
    Fortunately the talents of Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence made this watchable. They wrung the script out for what it was worth, which I didn't think much of...
    The predictable blah ending didn't do any favors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Siren (2016) 6/10

Lower budget horror movie. Okay story. Decent acting. Kept my attention.

Rogue one: 9.5/10

Loved everything about it. Loved the background added to the Rebellion. Loved the unexpected returning characters. Loved the connection to the rest of the universe and the universe building. Really enjoyed the droid character, felt like he lived up to R2 and 3PO, really enjoyed the rest of the cast. Thought the acting was well done, and loved the space battles. The feels got me super hardcore at the end, and I was thoroughly surprised in a movie whose outcome was already known from A New Hope.

Blew The Force Awakens by far and away out of the water for me, which I felt was mediocre at best.

Your name: 10/10

Movie blew me away, i hope for international Dub soon. Saw it a second time, had to show it to my mother for christmas with the subs. She was tearing up the entire 3rd act heh. Its the kind of animated story that would only interest teenagers and adults. Its a love story, but it works. One of those anime that you can actually show people. Also its all digital animation and yet its one of the best visual i have ever seen in an anime, the backgrounds are ridiculously realistic in details.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Siren (2016) 6/10

Lower budget horror movie. Okay story. Decent acting. Kept my attention.
    Film was made out of a short film from the Anthology film V\H\S

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Pete's Dragon 3/10

Not great. Only for children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dentastic Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 8/10

One of the better Harry Potter/Wizarding World movies since the 3rd one. Did not suffer from "OMG, LET'S COVER EVERYTHING WITH A BLUE/GREY FILTER IN POST BECAUSE REASONS" that the other movies suffered from.

Deducted some points for the overuse of Apparition. Like, seriously. No need to Apparate to move 5 feet, guys.

Train to Busan: 8/10

"A man (Gong Yoo), his estranged daughter and other passengers become trapped on a speeding train during a zombie outbreak in South Korea."

Fantastic and original zombie movie. South Korea does it again with some incredible camera work, and impressive visuals. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend this movie if you're looking for a unique horror experience.

Also, skip the trailer if you can. Unnecessarily revealing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I gotta give this one a go, I keep hearing great things. Even though the premise doesn't sound that attractive to my taste, I'm still extremely curious to sit down with it. Might try tonight.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-01-03 at 01:54 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted

Movie blew me away, i hope for international Dub soon. Saw it a second time, had to show it to my mother for christmas with the subs. She was tearing up the entire 3rd act heh. Its the kind of animated story that would only interest teenagers and adults. Its a love story, but it works. One of those anime that you can actually show people. Also its all digital animation and yet its one of the best visual i have ever seen in an anime, the backgrounds are ridiculously realistic in details.
    Thanks for the suggestion i enjoyed it very much because the movie gives you imense *feels* to the heart.
    I only don't give it a 10 because it's not my kind of favorite movie BUT it's definitely a 10 for people who enjoy the genre.
    This movie is a roller coaster of feeling. *feels good* *suspense* *feels bad* suspense* *feels good* *feels bad* etc
    I enjoyed it a lot but my number 1 anime movie is still "The Boy and the Beast".

Your Name (Kimi no na wa) - 8/10

Florence Foster Jenkins 10/10

I won't reveal the plot too much but it's about a woman who can't sing and everyone tells her she can because she's rich. The best part of the movie is how when she finds out everyone was laughing at her, her husband tells her "I never laughed, yours was the purist voice I ever heard." It was a truly beautiful and innocent movie.

Sing 6/10

Pretty charming. Not quote a musical though and as such the movie kinda lacks courage. Many gags are lame and many more rely on poor pop songs contrasted with certain archetypes- which gets old kinda fast. But the main characters are actually very likable and zip with a lot personality despite being shoehorned into awkward musical gags. Fairly enjoyable actually.

Hidden Figures 4/10

TV movie stuff. Directed in no remarkable manner, acted poorly, lots of has-been gags and 'um-hmm girlfriend.' pursed lip & head shaking. Ugh.Super over rated movie based on subject matter and the story is no doubt highly sensationalized for 'cinema'. This is low hanging fruit. Could have been so much better given that this is a genuinely interesting and mostly forgotten aspect of the 'space race' and civil rights movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Your Name (Kimi no na wa) - 8/10
    Sounds like I'll have to give this a watch. I've been wanting a new stand alone anime movie to watch, it's been years.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Assassins Creed 7/10

Bone tomahawk 8/10

Some scenes were pretty fucking crazy, those 2 women in the cave for example..
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Bone tomahawk 8/10

Some scenes were pretty fucking crazy, those 2 women in the cave for example..
    I give it a 7/10 - I'm docking a point because of two scenes in particular that really messed up with my suspension of disbelief.

First, when two members of the rescue group were taken captive by the cannibals. One of them managed to overpower Sheriff Franklin and then proceeded to strangle him, before shoving some kind of sharp bone totem down his throat as if the intent was to kill. However, the other cannibal then came in and harmlessly knocked the sheriff out with a stone before any real harm could be done. At first I had assumed that this was some kind of ritual (for flavor maybe?), but that does not make any sense either since the savages did not use the same bone contraption on the other prisoners.

The other scene that bothered me a little happened when the man on a mission to rescue his fiancé was trying to find his way to the cannibal lair after being left behind by the rest of the group. Two hunters got the jump on him while he was in the middle of a nap, but the one with the bow fired an arrow and [I]missed[/I]. Wow. This was a blunder coming from a highly trained, deadly hunter of the kind that had no problem decapitating a moving target's hand with a tomahawk thrown from a couple dozen yards away in an earlier scene. As much as I wanted Arthur O'dwyer to rescue everyone at that point in the movie - the amount of plot armor in that scene was too damn high.

I still enjoyed the movie a great deal, so I looked up the director and am thinking of watching The Incident next.

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10

Fucking loved this movie and really got me in the feels, Good acting and great special effects all whilst being a true story

rogue one

6/10

really cool story, boring acting, bad casting choices