Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Just wanted to see if you seriously meant what you were saying.

Someone had better go tell Rosetta Stone and all those language teachers we have in schools/etc that they are entirely wasting their time, and that all you have to do to learn a language is to go to the country of whatever language is in question
    I mean I don't know if you are impaired or what. I mentioned that the internet and teachers are modern methods that people will use.

I mean what, you think history extends back 20 years only? Because right now this is possibly the stupidest attempt at an argument I've ever seen.

Deleted
    I live in a neighborhood where probably 70-80% of the people living here are muslims, and at christmas time there's christmas decorations in pretty much every window. That is a pretty good sign I would say, christmas here has nothing to do with religion and is more of a cultural thing.

I think a bigger problem is that european societies tend to drop all the refugees and immigrants into one area and hope they assimilate into the rest of society, it just slows it down because they got people all around them speaking their language and none speaking the countrys language as a first language. And language is just the most visible thing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    "all three groups agreed that society lacked guiding ideals (37-40 percent)".

I have been saying this for a while... and my main thread about multiculturalism a while back was exactly about this issue.

The best way to integrate immigrants, is to not have them live in ghettos, and have them fall in love with the ideals the country stands for. In the US that is not too hard... in the EU it seems people dislike the idea of any kind of national identity, even as generic as "Western" or "Humanistic" values.
    I find its usually the Multiculty Native Liberals who want to stop integration.

If for some reason I were made Queen of Wales, I think so far as people respected the laws, the customs and more importantly the Language, I wouldn't give a crap if they prayed to a brick or had purple skin. ..... I mean Furries maybe I'd put out ad campaigns against but thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean I don't know if you are impaired or what. I mentioned that the internet and teachers are modern methods that people will use.
    Which I'm not disputing.

You're the one that's called it "a giant waste of fucking time" though. Twice.

So on the one hand, you're saying people will use those modern methods. On the other hand, you're saying it's a waste of time.

Why would anyone bother learning a language at home or at school nowadays then? Whether out of personal interest or moving country/etc.

You've said it's a waste of time.

The way I took that was Western/Humanistic ideals... or the ideals of the country... but I guess they could have meant that... now that you frame it that way... lol...
    It's right up the alley of conservative Islam - western society is decadent and needs to be guided back to Allah and all that shit. Muslim immigrants trend towards the conservative side of Islam, so it's a safe connection to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Let's not forget that 31% of Republicans support the bombing of Agrabah.
    If they get Jafar it's all worth it.

Assimilate to what? If you take in immigrants then country and culture will change over time. Whatever you consider typical now isn't going to be 50 years from now.

Doesn't matter if the new people learn the language and customs. It would be like trying to pretend 1820-1920 USA could be exactly like 2017 USA if only the irish, chinese, jews, catholics, italians and others had assimilated better.

One of the weird excuses I hear about the Pew polls is that they (the people polled)are lying due to peer pressure.... I am not exactly sure how that is better, or why they would lie about stuff like that.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how, "well, they don't believe it, it's just what all the cool Islamists say" improves the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Why is it a problem speak their own language with each others?
    Only thing I can think of is often they don't even bother learning the native language and expect everyone around them to cater to them. A lot of that in the US, Spanish people who have lived here for decades and still couldn't be bothered to learn English.

Call me racist or whatever you will, I still think you should learn the native language of the country you're living in if you plan to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's pretty racist to call another language gibberish. Wow!
    How do you figure? Levantine dialect definitely sounds like gibberish if you don't understand it. Even native Arabic speakers from other countries will tell you that.

And this is coming from someone who speaks Lebanese

In my experience, it has been the foreign born British that know a lot lot more about our histroy and culture than the natives who merely live it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Aren't you a immigrant? And if so, why would your opinion matter?
    Ad hominem

/10char

[QUOTE=primalmatter;44080974]That begs the question. How do you kill a god?

How do you destroy a belief system drenched in blood with fanatics willing to give up their lives?

If you can not give a timely solution we are better off without them.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont make any sense.

[QUOTE=psyquest;44081809]
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    That begs the question. How do you kill a god?

How do you destroy a belief system drenched in blood with fanatics willing to give up their lives?

If you can not give a timely solution we are better off without them.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont make any sense.
    If you don't understand you sadly lack the knowledge to debate or talk about this subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You should learn it before you come to a new country. Not only is it dumb not to do this but incredibly disrespectful to the natives.

If I moved to Japan (something I'd like to do) I'd learn Japanese beforehand, know their customs so I could use them properly and respect the country I go to.
    This is just some grade a bullshit. I didn't speak a word of the language when we moved here. That doesn't mean I was disrespectful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    The one thing your type seemed to never understand is that you cannot convince people the things they see daily and their real experiences of the world arnt "real".
    It never gets old watching you try tho. your losing the common people. Your messaging has become so disconnected with them.
    Nobody see the things he said daily. It's just made up bullshit.

And this is why you will always lose. My cousins in Italy are saying its getting really bad. That they know all Africans on the street at night are selling drugs. They watch it happen daily. You will NEVER be able to convince the masses we dont see what we see. This will always being a losing fight for your ilk.
    The goal is never to convince people that what they see isn't real. That's lunacy. Much like the statement "All Africans on the streets at night are selling drugs."

The goal is to get people to realize that there's a bigger picture, and that maybe their perspective on something isn't the way it is for everyone, everywhere.

It's trying to get people to understand the basic idea that if you have a small sample size, the conclusions you draw aren't very valid because of the sheer amount of confounding information. The larger you make your observations and the more subjects you involve, the more confounding variables shrink away and you're left with actual truth.

But yes, it does seem more and more a hopeless cause to get people to think outside of themselves. Which is unfortunate; it would be nice to believe that the majority of people want to grow and expand their horizons, not be fettered by myopia. But if you really 'get a big kick' out of watching logic and intellect run into blind self-centrism and lose at times due simply to sheer magnitude of ignorance...... good for you?

Tl;dr: Don't ruin progress and the rest of the functioning world by imposing the thought that your daily observations are the way the universe operates because "ME #1." Or do, screw it. Time to drank!
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-07 at 10:24 PM.

[QUOTE=primalmatter;44081904]
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

If you don't understand you sadly lack the knowledge to debate or talk about this subject.
    you still dont make any sense. you response has nothing to do with the OP. killing a god? what are you smoking? Are all people from the same religion the same? should we put all Christians regardless of denomination in the same basquet? How about those calling themselves christians from the past, should we really need to look at our own past or have we forgotten.

you are the kind of person whose opinion cannot be swayed, you have deeply entrenched ideas that cannot be changed regardless of how far remote they are from reality.

welcome to my blacklist. no need to respond, sadly

You must have not read the post I responded to. He said this literally wasn't happening and was a lie. I was countering that and made no implication of a large scale anything.
    No, I read it. No changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    This is just some grade a bullshit. I didn't speak a word of the language when we moved here. That doesn't mean I was disrespectful.
    It's pretty disrespectful to go to another country, waste their time and money by having them teach you their language, or to move there and be pretty well useless and out of your element. It shows you didn't prepare ahead of time or take your move very seriously. That's disrespect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's pretty disrespectful to go to another country, waste their time and money by having them teach you their language, or to move there and be pretty well useless and out of your element. It shows you didn't prepare ahead of time or take your move very seriously. That's disrespect.
    No, it's not disrespectful in the slightest.