Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post

I usually do if they are winning and already bming, or if they are going to win soon (though if I enjoyed the game I'll leave it on). I honestly find it surprising how many players actually do bm emote you at the end when they win even if you weren't bming them or using a deck like aggro or something. If I did squelch them, but I then turned it around I will unsquelch them just to hear them bm. Honestly I take some amusement if people are angry about losing and are trying to use the emotes as some unofficial revenge tactic to throw out there or something. I mean it is just a game, are there really that many people who get angry over video games & people who may beat them? lol xD
    It's bad enough that often enough I have to sit there waiting till the last second because I get those kind of people who don't play their turn till the last second in hopes I will just forfeit so they get a free win. Usually I would get hello but I would normally only ever be GG'ed when someone won...when I won no one ever gave my a GG...so I figured there was no point to the emotes except as a pseudo bragging mechanism. Also got a lot of thank you's when I play a card which played right into their hand.

I'd just rather not have the distraction...bad enough I have to deal with the millionth person who copies some cheese deck off a website and often wins because of the cheese and no actual skill.

Deleted
    I joined the dark side of the force today for the first time. I BM'ed spammed threaten.

In the season before this one i played pirate warrior and went easily to rank 8...but only recently i realized i was being cheap and dirty so i stopped playing it.
    So pretty much nowadays i hate every single pirate warrior so today i decide to spam the "threaten" button on one pirate with my aggro Shaman.

LoL i just realised that i hate pirate warrior but i'm playing aggro pirate shaman that is basically the same thing or even worse...damm i really joined the dark side of the force today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I joined the dark side of the force today for the first time. I BM'ed spammed threaten.
    Spamming emotes is lame.

One emote every once in a while is fine. Even if it's BM at the end of the game, who cares. People in this thread seem to be taking things quite seriously...but spamming emotes is only for losers. THAT's childish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Spamming emotes is lame.

One emote every once in a while is fine. Even if it's BM at the end of the game, who cares. People in this thread seem to be taking things quite seriously...but spamming emotes is only for losers. THAT's childish.
    Pirate warrior man. 10 damage to the face at turn 3.

Balanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking disproportionate amounts of time over easy plays or game turnarounds is a more potent way to be an arsehole than by using the built in emotes. The emotes alone don't phase me as long as you play at a respectful tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Does everything you post have to be an essay good lord man. I'm going to start a poll asking if people actually read this crap.
    I don't feel bad that you get annoyed that I type a lot. Guess I prefer to actually use my higher education, which required a lot of typing, as opposed to the low attention 'text-talk' or brilliant Snapchat one-liners.

Btw, it is amusing that for someone who dislikes my posts on the forums so much that you have such a compulsive need to quote me regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    In my experience, and I've actually paid some attention to it, the number is close to 9/10 will BM at the end. It's kind of staggering actually.
    Yeah I don't get it. Makes me wonder if all of those people really do enjoy playing the game if they feel like they have to commit almost as much time trying to find an opponent that will get triggered by emotes as much as they actually are playing the card game.

Deleted
    Yeah I don't get it. Makes me wonder if all of those people really do enjoy playing the game if they feel like they have to commit almost as much time trying to find an opponent that will get triggered by emotes as much as they actually are playing the card game.
    Not a clue, I imagine it is partially because of the strange internet culture where BM is seen as the cool thing to do, and it doesn't help that we have online celebrities on twitch and youtube, with huge followings and who are little more than professional trolls. There is just something petty about people who get satisfaction from being douches, instead of growing up and being well-adjusted adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry (when opponent says it) - I'm a total douchebag and I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this match.
    I'm sorry (when I say it) ) I'm sorry for taking too long to finish my turn, I was watching a movie on my other monitor.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

I only use greetings before I play Reno. Insta squelch if oponents doesn't behave. Doing any 'BM' one time a match like my Reno doesn't annoy me, I even laugh. But spamming or using more than one emote a match is a no no.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks - Either you just did something silly, or I'm responding to a "well played" (either sincere or sarcastic)
    Well Played - Game's over.
    Greetings - If someone greets me at the start of a match I greet back. If it's not the start of a match:
    First time - "Hey buddy, you might not have noticed it's your turn, please make your move."
    Second time - "No seriously, make your damn move."
    Third time - "FOR FUCK'S SAKE STOP ROPING EVERY TURN!"
    Wow - Something extremely unlikely happened, or the opponent pulled off an insane combo, or used a card in an unusual way to great effect.
    Oops - I made a misplay or (rarer) recognised my opponent made a big one.
    Threaten - I regard this as a sign of weakness :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    I'm sorry (when opponent says it) - I'm a total douchebag and I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this match.
    I'm sorry (when I say it) ) I'm sorry for taking too long to finish my turn, I was watching a movie on my other monitor.
    ? That emote doesn't even exist.

Technically it still does and you play Noggenfogger. His random emotes will also proc the removed "I'm sorry" emote.

Deleted
    With the amount of retarded kids on low ranks spamming emotes when they got a lucky draw, i just always squelch at start of game now, would love an auto-squelch option.
    Don't really see the point of emotes in a cardgame anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks - I'm a dick
    Well Played - I'm so a dick
    Greetings - Dick is short for Richard
    Wow - I am a HUGE dick.
    Oops - Just dicking around
    Threaten - DO YOU SEE THE ENORMOUSNESS OF MY DICKNESS?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Image if they allowed chat between players, LoL wouldn't have shit on this. HA!

10+ Year Old Account
    It did, but I've just read that 'I'm sorry' was replaced with 'Wow' since the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion. I only play a little these days, just enough to get my cardback every month, so I kinda forgot they replaced it.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Deleted
    Greetings: to answer if they greet me.
    Oops: I made a mistake (when I use it myself).
    Well played: I use this rarely but in arena to let the enemy know that next turn will be my last as I will be able to end the game.
    Other emotes I don't care for.

[QUOTE=Pantalaimon;44082549]I don't feel bad that you get annoyed that I type a lot. Guess I prefer to actually use my higher education, which required a lot of typing, as opposed to the low attention 'text-talk' or brilliant Snapchat one-liners.

Btw, it is amusing that for someone who dislikes my posts on the forums so much that you have such a compulsive need to quote me regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

You have got to be kidding me right? My point is, This is a simple game. It doesn't take miles of information to get your point across. You come off as pompous and idiotic. Has to be absolutely terrible to talk to you in person. This you describing a home run to me. Pantalaimon: First, The pitcher looked at the catcher for the type of pitch he would like him to throw. He turns his head saying no to the first call. Second attempt is a success though. He checks the bases. He winds up, looks like a 4 cost slider coming at the left handed batter. The batter swings hard after using innervate to increase his power and Dr Boom! That dude has to be juiced up. That hitter was way to imbalanced to play such a pitcher. The ball is now sailing but the fielders have no taunts in the gloves and that thing is outta here!

Everyone else. That dude just knocked that fucker outta the park. Home run!

Edit: I thought of another! Professor tells the classroom that they have a 1000 word essay due by Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and everyone hands theirs in. Here comes Wednesday and the professor stops Pantalaimon and says, Son, This was only a 1000 word essay and you turned yours in with 5,634 words. I'm sorry professor says Pantalaimon, I'm just higher educated. I could do this all day long!
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2017-01-09 at 02:27 AM.

[QUOTE=Faint^;44095251]
    I don't feel bad that you get annoyed that I type a lot. Guess I prefer to actually use my higher education, which required a lot of typing, as opposed to the low attention 'text-talk' or brilliant Snapchat one-liners.

- - - Updated - - -

You have got to be kidding me right? My point is, This is a simple game. It doesn't take miles of information to get your point across. You come off as pompous and idiotic. Has to be absolutely terrible to talk to you in person. This you describing a home run to me. Pantalaimon: First, The pitcher looked at the catcher for the type of pitch he would like him to throw. He turns his head saying no to the first call. Second attempt is a success though. He checks the bases. He winds up, looks like a 4 cost slider coming at the left handed batter. The batter swings hard after using innervate to increase his power and Dr Boom! That dude has to be juiced up. That hitter was way to imbalanced to play such a pitcher. The ball is now sailing but the fielders have no taunts in the gloves and that thing is outta here!

Everyone else. That dude just knocked that fucker outta the park. Home run!

Edit: I thought of another! Professor tells the classroom that they have a 1000 word essay due by Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and everyone hands theirs in. Here comes Wednesday and the professor stops Pantalaimon and says, Son, This was only a 1000 word essay and you turned yours in with 5,634 words. I'm sorry professor says Pantalaimon, I'm just higher educated. I could do this all day long!
    You just keep proving my second point in the post you quoted. I'm touched that you wrote that just for me

Whether Hearthstone is simple or not I'm not changing my typing for some rando on the internet.

They are all bms to me. Especially when you get that early game greetings. It simply means that the opponent has an Op hand and is boasting about it. Auto squelch every game.