Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

2017 Golden Globes

List of nominees and winners.

How the hell does The Crown beat out Westworld?

How does Deadpool not win anything?!

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    How does Deadpool not win everything?!
    Fixed that for you.

G.G. was boring. except...

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool to see Atlanta won something

The Crown beat GoT, Westworld, and Stranger Things? Actually I've never seen it so I can't say if it was better than them or not. Almost might have to check out This Is Us

I've done with award shows anyway. Its fun to see how my predictions pan out though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    G.G. was boring. except...

She was pretty awesome.

But still . . . Westworld with only three nominations and no wins. Ridiculous.

Nice to see The Night Manager won a couple awards,if you haven't watched it yet,you should, Hiddleston and Laurie are fantastic.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Nice to see The Night Manager won a couple awards,if you haven't watched it yet,you should, Hiddleston and Laurie are fantastic.
    I had heard of it before from random ads/previews but hadn't looked into afterwards. I love Laurie from House - looks like I've got another binge round set.

I just thought it was funny that the networks barely made it, getting one show in, to be nominated for best TV Series (drama). Netflix & HBO had 2 each.

I was hoping that Arrival would win best picture and Amy Adams to win best Actress :\

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I was hoping that Arrival would win best picture and Amy Adams to win best Actress :\
    That was never gonna happen.

The Golden Globes are a fun show if you are into that kind of thing, but the awards are absolutely meaningless, especially compared to the Oscars. We're talking 40 or something journalists who decides the winners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing for Orphan Black? after it gave us probably the finest season of TV in 2016?

GTFO.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    How does Deadpool not win anything?!
    Thank God. That movie shouldn't be rewarded with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Didn't watch it, but I read about her anti-Trump speech. Look, I'm not a fan of his, but I also recognize that a privileged millionaire, wouldn't know what the average, every day hard-working American goes through everyday.
    I definitely recall one shooting his mouth off just about "what the average, every day hard-working American goes through everyday".

It certainly got him elected.

But what does all this have to do with Meryl Streep?

The order (or more accurately, the complete clusterfuck that's in place instead of order of any kind) IMDB used to list the categories is bothering me more than it should.

Anyway, some of the choices, both for winners and some of the nominations, are rather weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Meryl Streep at least came from a middle class background once upon a time in her life. Not very low middle class, but more middle class than the man she was commenting on has ever been.

Otherwise, Golden Globes were boring.

Didn't watch it, but I read about her anti-Trump speech. Look, I'm not a fan of his, but I also recognize that a privileged millionaire wouldn't know what the average, every day hard-working American goes through.
    As much as I dislike Streep, she wasn't born into millions...unlike Donald Trump who has had tons of money from the day he was born, yet who also spends a great deal of time acting like he's in touch with the average, every day hard-working American.

Labeling her as out-of-touch doesn't make much sense considering who she's criticizing, though, and she worked like 2 jobs to get through Yale for her MFA (not undergrad).

I suppose it's your opinion, though. Most of Hollywood comes from even humbler backgrounds than Meryl Streep, what would your response be if one of them used such a platform to make such a speech?

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved the guy from the office & the girl from SNL. their sketch was amazing, so funny!

bob odenkirk was robbed for best actor imho as well. Billy bob thorntron is pretty garbage.
    Hi

Didn't watch it, but I read about her anti-Trump speech. Look, I'm not a fan of his, but I also recognize that a privileged millionaire wouldn't know what the average, every day hard-working American goes through. Celebrities don't really live in the real world, yet it's easy for them to run their mouth about politics? Yeah, no. She's out of touch.
    Geezus Christ! You know when people like you say this you are not in the real world.

First off Meryl gave examples of people who group up as "average" as anyone can be and then came to Hollywood to become a star. Second, and more importantly the morons who spew Hollywood elitism, just elected a guy who became famous in the 80's and then used that to market his name and host a reality tv show. In the end didn't Apprentice just fucking feature celebrities, with no business sense and the end game was for charity.

Yes, rich famous people are full of themselves and do not know how the average American lives. I bet today most turned to Fox News or whatever to listen to some pundit like Bill O'Reilly, who makes $15 million a year to tell you about the Hollywood elite. There are hypocrites all around.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!