Page 10 of 206 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    First of all streaming those is against the rules of Twitch. Second of all, you really think that is a challenge? Hahaha geez man. The challenge would be to stay awake with that slow ass grind.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmip7p3rKk

There. Proof. You cannot argue with this.

A single mob one level below him cost him almost 50% of his health. (the first one, the later ones take about ~40%. Doesn't change anything about my argument, tho)
    Now maybe you're smart enough to comprehend that TWO such mobs would deal double the damage in the same time frame (the time it takes him to kill ONE of them), leaving him with maybe 10% health at the point in time where he kills the first one.
    So he got ~10% health to kill the second one - which to any person with a brain is obviously impossible as we learned that killing one single mob 1 level below you takes a little less than 5 times that much health off you.

But apparently I'm just bad and you're so good that you can forego the basic math in classic WoW.

You're just such a pathetic lying loser and it's so fulfilling to have video evidence that so clearly debunks your bullshit.

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by mmoccdde410f5d; 2017-01-09 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The one and only thing vanilla has over current is how interwoven the community was.

No name changes and no server transfers.

While I understand adding these things was needed from a business model perspective, it absolutely destroyed the community of a server and also allowed those who wanted to be douche flutes to proceed with little danger.

People (generally) were careful to safeguard their reputation of their character.

Other than that, WoW is far superior now than then.
    What made Classic arguably better than present? Nothing, barring the content of this quoted post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be nice. You can refute without insults

Deleted
    Sure I get infracted. He just straight out lies and calls me a bad player but I get infracted for proving that he's wrong. Fantastic moderator work.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, right after mods closed that shitty thread about private servers, you decided to create this one?
    What is the point of it? To bait legacy manchildren and retail zealot crusaders to another shitposting contest?
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    To You (tm).

To me it's not. I've played classic and it was clunky. Perhaps it's just the software engineer in me. A big part of my creative design is improving and streamlining everything. Every application, every game I play I am constantly thinking of how I would make it better myself.
    Game design is not synonymous to software engineer. From my perspective there's no perfect version of WoW, and Vanilla WoW is certainly one of them. I do like the updated graphic models, I do like 25m raids over 40, and I do like how classes are balanced today over Vanilla. That being said, that's not enough to dismantle what Vanilla did right. Epics were epicly hard to get, and raids had one difficulty with no LFR. Leveling is an experience of itself, and not something you push away in just a week. Walking into the world meant you could really die, and the world was bigger, though obviously right cause Vanilla has two continents to explore. No instant level whatever, and no renaming characters or server transfers. No switching between horde or alliance unless you make a whole new character. And of course no new talent system.

To me the game was better back in Vanilla, and this is coming from a player who plays exclusively a Ret Paladin. No version of WoW had a worse Ret Paladin than Vanilla and yet Vanilla is still better. Blizzard could learn what made Vanilla appealing and apply it to modern WoW, but I feel it's too late for Blizzard to undo the things that people hate about modern WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Sure I get infracted. He just straight out lies and calls me a bad player but I get infracted for proving that he's wrong. Fantastic moderator work.
    You got infracted for calling him a fat hairy loser.

This is my last warning. Be nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absolutely. Constant danger.

Whenever you were actually playing and questing (not idling on the capital cities inspecting other players or alt tabbing), you had to be careful, or you would easily die.

Of course you 'wouldn't' if you paid attention... or maintained focus on what you were doing, but if you didn't, you were penalized for it, in comparison to today's WoW where you can actually leave your character afk whilst getting attacked by mobs, or handle 10 mobs at a time with aoe.

Don't pretend it was a cakewalk, it wasn't. Of course good play or awareness was rewarded, but it was very easy to die... often, on regular mobs, no point even going into the group questing stuff, like lakeshire elite orcs or hinterland trolls.

Hell, some of the deadliest mobs on WoW (according to their infographs) were Defias Mages on Duskwood and freaking lvl 3-5 kobolds in elwynn's mines. Those had such a quick respawn rate and would just swarm the shit out of you.

So yea, even if the penalties were 'non-existent', you died a lot.
    Thank you.

Also I wouldn't say penalties were non existant. Corpseruns were pretty long back then. I pretty distinctly remember leveling a char in redridge on a private server lately and dying in the eastern parts of the map made you respawn at a graveyard pretty far in the west. That was a 5 minute corpserun every time. Not even close to the luxury of having 20 GYs in a zone like nowadays. Dying was like 20 times more punishing than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    So, right after mods closed that shitty thread about private servers, you decided to create this one?
    What is the point of it? To bait legacy manchildren and retail zealot crusaders to another shitposting contest?
    I prefer childman. Manchild sounds too much like a derogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Pros
    -The entire world was filled with people doing stuff
    -Aggro management
    -Mana Management
    -No LFR, LFD made server communities
    -Epics were in fact epic and VERY hard to get
    -Gurubashi Arena and Dire Maul arena full of people
    -Eating, drinking and first aid were mandatory while leveling for the majority of classes #hard leveling experience
    -Class diversity
    -A lot of flavour stuff for the sake of roleplay value. Nowadays everything is the same for the sake of "game balance"

Cons
    -Game Balance
    I had to reply to you, since what you are describing is just absolute horse shit you read some where that it existed.

- Sadly I don't have a screenshot of people in Legion doing stuff_ALL_THE_TIME since I'm not a screenshot kind of guy. But believe me the only time the "World" felt filled with people was in front of raid instances where you lagged out for 10 minutes before you get disconnected and reconnect finding yourself dead. (Or AQ sessions where there was a different goal but same end result)
    - Aggro management was a thing because tanks (and by tanks I mean Warriors) had 2 abilities to keep aggro with the occasional rage spender, wowzie hard stuff.
    - Mana management? Don't make me laugh I used to FD and drink on my Hunter, furthermore Nelfs Melded and drank, such management, game was so retarded it actually allowed you to sit down drink for 20 secs and everything was coolio.
    - No LFD made you rage cause you sometimes it took up to 2-3 hours to get a group for 5 man content (Which then devolved into a shit show 5 minutes in)
    - Epic is just a color, similar to green, blue, but its more shiny wowzies. Instead of that categorization look at it this way, whos more impressive, item from Mythic Helya or HC Helya Titanforged, or even Normal, yeah sure the color is the same but you know that the dude that has a M Helya loot is quuuuuuuuite good.I'm not a fan of the titanforged system I agree there but otherwise its the same feeling.
    - Gurubashi arena was full because there were level 60 gods ready to gank lowbies every 3(?) hours. I don't even remember anyone going to Dire Maul for the "Arena"
    - While I do agree those added a nice touch, BUT it was so unnecessary I'm glad they got rid of it
    - I actually agree with this to a certain degree, I'm actually not sure when they came up with the "Bring the player not the class" mentality but I personally hate it. All though, as an Alliance player back then if you didn't have Dwarf priests, you were fucked, we didn't have Lust, and there were baaaaaaaaaarely enough paladins on the server to recruit in your guild for 5 minute blessings.

But to sum up, I honestly even though I raided_alot_., which inherently lead to farming a lot, gold, pots, flasks, scrolls, resistance gear. I didn't kill Kel'Thuzad but i was off by 3 bosses, I got to Commander rank (That was my goal, to get the PvP mounts) which means I basically witnessed most of vanila and I never ever want it back. It sucked and people are just driven by nostalgia.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Acting like you have been in all your posts is why.. Also acting like you have been during when Vanilla was current you would have been ostracized right off the server.. Also proving someone wrong is one thing but resorting to insults to do it is another..

*more than 2 mobs

And yea if you claim that a lowlevel warrior could handle more than 2 mobs at the same time, go proof it. You're full of shit. Doesn't matter what game you came from, the mobs would tear you a new one.

It's really sad how badly all those anti-classic people remember classic ... almost like they didn't play it at all.
    Gee it is almost like people are trying to remember things from 12 years ago or something.

And I said classes I felt could handle 2 mobs or in this case 2+, warriors isn't one I listed. I listed hunters, warlocks and druids. There may have been others but I don't remember 12 years ago that well. No one can prove anything to you by the way. Know why? Vanilla was 12 years ago. You love claiming people are full of shit when you are referring to stuff we aren't allowed to talk about on this website.

- - - Updated - - -

*more than 2 mobs

And yea if you claim that a lowlevel warrior could handle more than 2 mobs at the same time, go proof it. You're full of shit. Doesn't matter what game you came from, the mobs would tear you a new one.

It's really sad how badly all those anti-classic people remember classic ... almost like they didn't play it at all.

It also doesn't matter how good a player you are when a low health enemy starts running in fear and aggroing an entire gnoll camp. You're not going to fight your way through this. In fact most casters didn't even have the mana pool to kill 3 mobs without drinking in between.
    Snares, roots, stuns, etc. *yawn* And so what if it runs into stuff. You either run away from the fight or die. You don't lose much. I mean you may not know how to CC properly but that is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    Just so I'm clear, how many expansions back am I allowed to talk about? Is talking about Wrath alright, or is that too close to private server talk? How about MoP, or was that too long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmip7p3rKk

There. Proof. You cannot argue with this.

A single mob one level below him cost him almost 50% of his health. (the first one, the later ones take about ~40%. Doesn't change anything about my argument, tho)
    Now maybe you're smart enough to comprehend that TWO such mobs would deal double the damage in the same time frame (the time it takes him to kill ONE of them), leaving him with maybe 10% health at the point in time where he kills the first one.
    So he got ~10% health to kill the second one - which to any person with a brain is obviously impossible as we learned that killing one single mob 1 level below you takes a little less than 5 times that much health off you.

But apparently I'm just bad and you're so good that you can forego the basic math in classic WoW.

You're just such a pathetic lying loser and it's so fulfilling to have video evidence that so clearly debunks your bullshit.

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Pirate servers aren't proof of anything since they aren't using blizzards code and thus aren't using the same HP or damage that original vanilla would of. The larger server that got shut down mentioned they watched old videos to roughly do hp or damage. So these pirate servers are likely way out of whack to actual reality.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    I don't know if it was better, but what I liked by the game back then was this:
    1: The journey mattered - it wasn't just "play 10 hours and be ready to raid"
    2: Every piece of gear mattered as the enemy was harder
    3: You needed to be social as you couldn't just solo every quest
    4: You was just a random hero and not "THE ONLY HERO"
    5: Slower and more expensive mounts meant that not everyone had a fast one.
    6: Epic gear was cool - ppl would hang around at hotspots to show off
    7: Resistance gear farming / to help the main tank.

As it is right now, all specs and classes don't need each other for anything but M+ / raiding. And even then you can always just PUG it, if you want.
    People don't need each other in the same way as back then, and most players can be easily replaced, which I think is a big part of why the community went rather toxic at some point ...

Deleted
    1. The experience. It was new.
    2. The community.

Gameplay wise classic WoW wasn't that great. That's not was nostalrius fanboys will want to admit though.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    I had to reply to you, since what you are describing is just absolute horse shit you read some where that it existed.

- Sadly I don't have a screenshot of people in Legion doing stuff_ALL_THE_TIME since I'm not a screenshot kind of guy. But believe me the only time the "World" felt filled with people was in front of raid instances where you lagged out for 10 minutes before you get disconnected and reconnect finding yourself dead. (Or AQ sessions where there was a different goal but same end result)
    - Aggro management was a thing because tanks (and by tanks I mean Warriors) had 2 abilities to keep aggro with the occasional rage spender, wowzie hard stuff.
    - Mana management? Don't make me laugh I used to FD and drink on my Hunter, furthermore Nelfs Melded and drank, such management, game was so retarded it actually allowed you to sit down drink for 20 secs and everything was coolio.
    - No LFD made you rage cause you sometimes it took up to 2-3 hours to get a group for 5 man content (Which then devolved into a shit show 5 minutes in)
    - Epic is just a color, similar to green, blue, but its more shiny wowzies. Instead of that categorization look at it this way, whos more impressive, item from Mythic Helya or HC Helya Titanforged, or even Normal, yeah sure the color is the same but you know that the dude that has a M Helya loot is quuuuuuuuite good.I'm not a fan of the titanforged system I agree there but otherwise its the same feeling.
    - Gurubashi arena was full because there were level 60 gods ready to gank lowbies every 3(?) hours. I don't even remember anyone going to Dire Maul for the "Arena"
    - While I do agree those added a nice touch, BUT it was so unnecessary I'm glad they got rid of it
    - I actually agree with this to a certain degree, I'm actually not sure when they came up with the "Bring the player not the class" mentality but I personally hate it. All though, as an Alliance player back then if you didn't have Dwarf priests, you were fucked, we didn't have Lust, and there were baaaaaaaaaarely enough paladins on the server to recruit in your guild for 5 minute blessings.

But to sum up, I honestly even though I raided_alot_., which inherently lead to farming a lot, gold, pots, flasks, scrolls, resistance gear. I didn't kill Kel'Thuzad but i was off by 3 bosses, I got to Commander rank (That was my goal, to get the PvP mounts) which means I basically witnessed most of vanila and I never ever want it back. It sucked and people are just driven by nostalgia.
    Yeah I remember when you had to give tanks enough time to gain aggro before you could unload on the target.. I still remember when in Stormwind and reading trade and the constant spam for dungeon runs.. About the best sense of achievement I had back then was getting enough gold to buy my first epic mount.. Back then I was still fairly new to the game and never knew all the tricks of getting gold.. lol

I still have my Corporal title I got from PVP before I stopped doing it, even though I started playing in September 2006.. I didn't start raiding till TBC so I did miss out on a lot even though I was still in the 50's on my Fire Mage when Burning Crusade was released.. Can't even remember when I started doing dungeons been so long ago.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Aggro management was a thing because a lucky crit would make you the tank. Ever see the famous video of the guy that says "DPS VERY VERY SLOWLY"? That's to prevent someone from pulling aggro off the tank.

If you ran out of mana as a Hunter, that means that you didn't manage your mana.
    - Epic is just a color, similar to green, blue, but its more shiny wowzies.
    Epics were given to players to make them happy, but then other players now go by ilevel which is making people angry again. The color system was meant to make it easy for people understand that this person is a bad ass, but now we go by ilevel. Colors don't even matter anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Acting like you have been in all your posts is why.. Also acting like you have been during when Vanilla was current you would have been ostracized right off the server.. Also proving someone wrong is one thing but resorting to insults to do it is another..
    I don't remember asking you for your opinion on this.

When someone straight out lies and calls me bad for not agreeing with his lies I don't think it's out of the ordinary to get frustrated with the discussion, especially if the person in question does not get called to order for calling everyone bad who doesn't agree with his clearly wrong statements.

I should have reported him instead of playing the vigilantee but this disussion is so exhaustingly old ... it's always the same type of person trying to tell everyone how shitty vanilla was and then spreading nothing but false information on how it actually was... it's frustrating. I wonder what kind of person that is IRL who spends his days on forums spreading lies about classic wow. I mean WHY would you do that?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember asking you for your opinion on this.

When someone straight out lies and calls me bad for not agreeing with his lies I don't think it's out of the ordinary to get frustrated with the discussion, especially if the person in question does not get called to order for calling everyone bad who doesn't agree with his clearly wrong statements.

I should have reported him instead of playing the vigilantee but this disussion is so exhaustingly old ... it's always the same type of person trying to tell everyone how shitty vanilla was and then spreading nothing but false information on how it actually was... it's frustrating. I wonder what kind of person that is IRL who spends his days on forums spreading lies about classic wow. I mean WHY would you do that?
    One question then when did you first start playing WoW? Was it back in 2004 when it was released or did you come in later? Or have you actually never played WoW, or is your only foray into the game come from private servers?

And well you post on these forums expect other people to reply if you can't hack that well that is your problem..