Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mental break down or not, Tsecric said what probably every CM is thinking on a daily basis having to deal with the constant shitlords parading as customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Mental break down or not, Tsecric said what probably every CM is thinking on a daily basis having to deal with the constant shitlords parading as customers.
    Problem is that's why he got fired. CMs/community reps are kind of supposed to keep their cool. I mean sure some of the playerbase really does need to be told to just shut the fuck up now and again but well CMs can't really do it. Professionalism and all.

firstly the patch is not even out yet.
    Secondly, how short have you been playing for this to be the worst patch rollout in history?

They messed up some patch notes? Thats it?
    There have been patches that made the servers unstable for over a week.

Worst patch evah!!!

damn 8 year olds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Can't blame him though, cuz he's quite right

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This patch fixed alot about alt leveling, so that is an outright lie.
    Not exactly.

In short they made the power gap worse for various reasons (eg new legendaries and ways to upgrade them).

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Not exactly.

In short they made the power gap worse for various reasons (eg new legendaries and ways to upgrade them).
    The hoops you just jumped through.

Deleted
    Can someone actually confirm whether they pulled this 35+ trait in PvP change out of nowhere when writing the patch notes or if they mentioned it in advance and I'm just blind and can't find anything about it? It has to be one of the top 5 worst changes for PvP in the entire history of the game and doing it with no warning whatsoever would probably make it #1 but I'm giving them some credit.

No.

This patch fails to fix things.
    I'm guessing you probably mean "the patch isn't changing things the way I want so my class is OP"

Sometimes I wish the internet was like a car. People are required to pass a test and get a license before they are allowed to use it.
    Then again. Even people with licenses can still drive like utter maniacs...

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    The hoops you just jumped through.
    I am done defending Blizzard. If they are this incompetent to release this patch tomorrow while ignoring PTR testers they deserve the whirlwind that is coming tomorrow.

I personally am going to redirect my energies to another game, because they clearly have given up caring about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    Can someone actually confirm whether they pulled this 35+ trait in PvP change out of nowhere when writing the patch notes or if they mentioned it in advance and I'm just blind and can't find anything about it? It has to be one of the top 5 worst changes for PvP in the entire history of the game and doing it with no warning whatsoever would probably make it #1 but I'm giving them some credit.
    No one knows for sure at this point but it is looking very grim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I'm guessing you probably mean "the patch isn't changing things the way I want so my class is OP"
    Nope it is worse.

They are changing the game to the point of being no fun.

No one knows for sure at this point but it is looking very grim.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope it is worse.

They are changing the game to the point of being no fun.
    How so? What have they specifically done that YOU don't find fun? Just you here.

What did they supposedly leave out of the patch notes?

okay imma be real for a minute. The only reason someone would get butthurt and make a topic about this is one of two reasons.

Reason #1 - You're a bleeding edge mythic raider playing wow 60hrs+ a week , you are unemployed , single and lack social empathy for anything other than yourself. You enjoy trolling at its most vile. You are the best raider on your server and enjoy showing off your high ilvl and top warcraft log parses.

Reason #2 - You have way too much free time on your hands and are part of the "old guard" of wow players starting in vanilla-TBC (even me ) but you still feel as if this game is created to be your only game 10hrs a day. Times change, blizz wants you to chill out bro sip a drink and relax.

For those of us who aren't triggered by a few typos or patch notes missing the combustion nerf... you realize at the end of the day wow is a game created by humans like us. Some of those said humans make mistakes, some of them work really hard and others probably hardly work but hey so be life.

When you pause and zoom out from your M+ DHT/MoS/CoS spam for AP and realize the bigger skinner box you are inside, you will notice this. At which point we just chill, read the stuff on mmo-champion and continue on our next +10 M+ or heroic/mythic raid when its time without worry or strife.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    With the Mage Bracers going from 300% to 200% to 250% to 275% and back to 300% with reduced proc chance, this is the very first time I've considered that maybe the team really isn't completely in control of this living animal called WoW. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, they know what they're doing, but I'm really curious now.
    TEST realm... They obviously wanted to adjust the item, TESTED something and then decided on a better solution.. If that's not what the test realm is for then what is it for ? Does it really matter how they get to their solution provided the solution works ?

Would it have been better if they'd had an idea and just stuck with it regardless of the outcome ?

The OP talks like past patch changes that have gone live have all been great and have all worked out well when in hindsight we know this obviously isn't true. Lets see if this patch brings improvements to what we have currently before we decide it's bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Selfi. Camera.

/thread
    I think people would prefer a bullshit patch like the selfie camera to all these unjustified nerfs going out.

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    What did they supposedly leave out of the patch notes?
    A lot actually.

Damage auras %, damage coefficients, changes to secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Thats a pretty bad way of looking at it. You think because they like to frequently try and change things on the ptr instead of slapping a class with a nerf and calling it a day is a bad thing? Blizzard have historically been horrible at balancing things by slapping big nerfs or terrible changes and then not listening or changing them later on. Now they are dealing with it in a far better fashion ON THE PTR (not on live servers where it would actually mean something, but on the test realms which is what they are designed for) and you think they are not in control?

Very strange logic.
    I don't know, for some reason having the bracers undergo 5 changes, only to end up right back where they were to start with, but with a -5% proc chance now, all within about a month, it really struck me that they really aren't sure how to balance the darned thing, and I start entertain thoughts that maybe this kind of uncertainty is reflected in the rest of the game's balance.

I mean, you gotta admit, going from 300% to 200% to 250% to 275% right back to 300% but with reduced proc chance really seems to indicate that they're struggling to balance those bracers. I get what you're saying, and I think if they had gone from maybe 300% to 200% to 250% and kinda left it there, I'm not saying that's a good place for the bracers to be, but it would definitely make it appear that they are adept at dialing in balance changes. The balance changes that they ended up doing? Does not leave me with that feeling.

And I should mention, it isn't just the bracers that make me feel that way, but they are the most glaring example.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I don't know, for some reason having the bracers undergo 5 changes, only to end up right back where they were to start with, but with a -5% proc chance now, all within about a month, it really struck me that they really aren't sure how to balance the darned thing, and I start entertain thoughts that maybe this kind of uncertainty is reflected in the rest of the game's balance.

I mean, you gotta admit, going from 300% to 200% to 250% to 275% right back to 300% but with reduced proc chance really seems to indicate that they're struggling to balance those bracers. I get what you're saying, and I think if they had gone from maybe 300% to 200% to 250% and kinda left it there, I'm not saying that's a good place for the bracers to be, but it would definitely make it appear that they are adept at dialing in balance changes. The balance changes that they ended up doing? Does not leave me with that feeling.

And I should mention, it isn't just the bracers that make me feel that way, but they are the most glaring example.
    Yup they did the same with with Rogue (Outlaw) Bracers.

It shows a level of irony that even though they are privy to all the numbers that they can't even fine tune properly the DPS specs given the large variations. And then they have the gall to berate players for using player created DPS simulations or dismiss them for not being "accurate" enough compared to their internal sims. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    There has been numerous changes across specs with spells being buffed/nerfed and then said changes being reverted indicating a lack of direction and improvement processes in place to ensure classes are balanced and fun.
    What? That is not an indication of a lack of direction. It is an indication that they wanted to try something and they decided they didn't like it. Either due to other things they implemented or perhaps they simply changed their mind. People like you that talk about these "indications" are why Blizz stopped communicating release dates.