10+ Year Old Account
    It sure became a good day to have stuck with Fury.

Just the fact that we're above Arms for a rare change is making it a good day.

Deleted
    Stop comparing all bosses Fury in ToV is only better on Helya. Btw. And watching 75 percentile is pure bs.

Ps. U checked 7.1.5 as well which is here for 1 day... xd
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-01-11 at 04:22 PM.

Was trying out frothing berserker on Odyn tonight and it got me thinking, does it sim higher when it's only activated with RA capping rage or is it better to also cap rage before each rampage outside RA as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Was trying out frothing berserker on Odyn tonight and it got me thinking, does it sim higher when it's only activated with RA capping rage or is it better to also cap rage before each rampage outside RA as well?
    As far as I know you should only Rampage at 100 rage. I tried a lot of different SimCraft Rotations and this is the best I came up with:

Code:
    actions.single_target+=/use_item,name=draught_of_souls,if=buff.enrage.remains>=3&buff.battle_cry.remains>=3
    actions.single_target+=/battle_cry,if=target.health.pct>=20&rage<100
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=buff.battle_cry.remains>6&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=buff.enrage.up&buff.battle_cry.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/odyns_fury,if=buff.battle_cry.up&buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=rage=100&buff.enrage.down&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=buff.enrage.down&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react&buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=rage=100&buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/furious_slash,if=target.health.pct>=20

actions.single_target+=/battle_cry,if=target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=rage<=90&target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=target.health.pct<20
    With Nighthold gear I was doing almost the exact same DPS with Frothing Berserker as Massacre. So I think I'll take Frothing Berserker over Massacre once I got the NH trinkets + set
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2017-01-11 at 11:46 PM.

Nothing like linking stats from two weeks for a patch that has been out one whole day. No way those numbers could be skewed right?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastronaut View Post
    Nothing like linking stats from two weeks for a patch that has been out one whole day. No way those numbers could be skewed right?
    By that logic Fury would actually be performing much better than it shows as it's been performing much less the last 2 weeks.

That said if you notice on the right it says "7.1.5". Even though it's listed under 2 weeks it's only showing the logs parsed after the patch went live. You'll get the same results when you choose the past 1 day:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...mount&sample=1

That said I feel like it needs more days for a more accurate average.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    As far as I know you should only Rampage at 100 rage. I tried a lot of different SimCraft Rotations and this is the best I came up with:

Code:
    actions.single_target+=/use_item,name=draught_of_souls,if=buff.enrage.remains>=3&buff.battle_cry.remains>=3

actions.single_target+=/battle_cry,if=&rage<100&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=buff.battle_cry.remains>6&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=buff.enrage.up&buff.battle_cry.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/odyns_fury,if=buff.battle_cry.up&buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react&buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=rage=100&buff.enrage.down&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=buff.enrage.down&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/rampage,if=rage=100&target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=target.health.pct>=20
    actions.single_target+=/furious_slash,if=target.health.pct>=20

actions.single_target+=/battle_cry,if=target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.stone_heart.react&target.health.pct<20
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow,if=target.health.pct<20
    With Nighthold gear I was doing almost the exact same DPS with Frothing Berserker as Massacre. So I think I'll take Frothing Berserker over Massacre once I got the NH trinkets + set
    Interesting, it certainly looks to be a strong option in low execute window environments.

Deleted
    Simming in full heroic NH gear, Frothing Berserker takes over by about 16k (with the right traits). So I assume with some gear it will be the go to talent since Frothing Berserker syngergizes extremely well with the Gul'dan and Elisande trinkets

In the new patch is the execute ring better or the legendary cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by stalker226 View Post
    In the new patch is the execute ring better or the legendary cloak?
    I'd be very surprised if it's still the ring since it rarely procs anymore. It's almost not even a factor right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    I'd be very surprised if it's still the ring since it rarely procs anymore. It's almost not even a factor right now.
    I'm asking because in 7.1.5 simcraft, the ring shows like a 20k dps increase compared to the cloak for my char.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker226 View Post
    I'm asking because in 7.1.5 simcraft, the ring shows like a 20k dps increase compared to the cloak for my char.
    If you are running Maassacre, the ring is still powerful, otherwise, not so much.

Deleted
    Anyone in the higher end of gearing (like 890++, especially people with helmet) tested out a RA / Frothing berserker rotation ?
    I tried it out for a bit sitting at 31% haste, and I had to delay something everytime to get the FB buff : either I'd just be waiting for like half a GCD for an auto attack to bring me from 97 to 100 rage, or wasting a lot of rage hitting something that would bring me up to 100 then losing a whole GCD from FB duration.
    Either way it felt really clunky to play around and it didn't feel worth dropping execute to play around, even tho I was doing around 5% more damage on a dummy in the non execute range.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll have 7 coins going into Nighthold next week, (4 now and 3 I get after reset)
    My guild plans on clearing Normal on wednesday, EU reset, and then on Sunday and Tuesday to run HC. (We're 7/7M, 2/3M average ilvl 887).
    Since I have crappy trinkets(870 Appendages and 865 Nightmare Eggshell) plan atm is to use 1 of my tokens on Normal Guldan or Elisande, for a chance at the trinkets and also the tier even on normal is better than what I have atm, and then use the other 6 on HC tier bosses.
    My question is who should I use it on Normal? Both Guldan and Elisande have 3 items on their loot table that are an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'll have 7 coins going into Nighthold next week, (4 now and 3 I get after reset)
    My guild plans on clearing Normal on wednesday, EU reset, and then on Sunday and Tuesday to run HC. (We're 7/7M, 2/3M average ilvl 887).
    Since I have crappy trinkets(870 Appendages and 865 Nightmare Eggshell) plan atm is to use 1 of my tokens on Normal Guldan or Elisande, for a chance at the trinkets and also the tier even on normal is better than what I have atm, and then use the other 6 on HC tier bosses.
    My question is who should I use it on Normal? Both Guldan and Elisande have 3 items on their loot table that are an upgrade.
    You will have 8, not 7. Theres a Timewalking event coming and you should easily be able to do those 5 TWs between your raids. You could also get a 9th if you time your raid Order Hall mission properly :]
    So just roll away on Guldan/Elisande.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    You will have 8, not 7. Theres a Timewalking event coming and you should easily be able to do those 5 TWs between your raids. You could also get a 9th if you time your raid Order Hall mission properly :]
    So just roll away on Guldan/Elisande.
    Oh, didn't notice the Timewalking event at all, will be easy to do it since I can tank too, so just do fast queues with guildies. As for the OH missions, you mean get the weekly one to 200%(what im already doing always) or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh, didn't notice the Timewalking event at all, will be easy to do it since I can tank too, so just do fast queues with guildies. As for the OH missions, you mean get the weekly one to 200%(what im already doing always) or something else?
    Exactly that, dont take the reward until youve coined in NH week and you'll have one extra :]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Anyone in the higher end of gearing (like 890++, especially people with helmet) tested out a RA / Frothing berserker rotation ?
    I tried it out for a bit sitting at 31% haste, and I had to delay something everytime to get the FB buff : either I'd just be waiting for like half a GCD for an auto attack to bring me from 97 to 100 rage, or wasting a lot of rage hitting something that would bring me up to 100 then losing a whole GCD from FB duration.
    Either way it felt really clunky to play around and it didn't feel worth dropping execute to play around, even tho I was doing around 5% more damage on a dummy in the non execute range.
    This is similar to my experience from time to time. I managed to sustain a really high uptime of the buff though. Its not happening all the time, but once every 30s or so I feel the need to delay something to let rage cap for a moment.

I have helmet and like 28.5% haste

Really hate that the legendary ring was nerfed to the ground and how it affected our rotation with Massacre.

If you guys didn't have the ring pre-patch, then you really missed out on a ton of fun.

Since right now the consensus is that it's still better to use Massacre over FB if you have the ring, I'll continue using that combo, but I'm really not looking forward to dropping it one day if I get the helmet or cloak.

Sadly i do not have the helmet but at 890 ilvl i definitely do have problems with frothing berserker. It's definitely a dps boost from before the patch but damn it really does just feel like shit to play. You have to waste rage by doing an extra bloodthirst/raging blow or two to force yourself to reach the cap and it just feels really weird and wrong to do that. I have an inner conflict with myself almost every single time i have the option to rampage but stop myself from pressing it.

I had to make a weak aura that just puts an indicator on the middle of my screen when i am at 100 rage and i just try to focus on that. I actively have to try ignore the glowing rampage button and just keep doing my rotation as normal until the big indicator on my screen shows up. It feels horrible and i really don't like it at all.