Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Never have been successfully claimed as false, endorsed by several countries and intelligence all over the world. Better?
    Not sure why this is anyone's burden but Assange's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you asserting, that the evidance presented here by CNN, is responsible for causing Wells to make a false assertion? Due to the way it was presented and not any assertion made?

Dude... as someone defending Wikileaks... you are walking some dangerous grounds... You do realize you are accusing CNN here, with the same exact argument used against Wikileaks of DNC and Podesta emails?
    Stop assuming and ask instead. I've tagged you. I'm not pointing Wells personally as being the sole perpetrator.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

1. CNN has been in hot water. I'm not in Wells head, but I deplore the timing of this piece of "evidence".
    2. The lighting, the context of the picture make people believe that the documents contains nothing.
    3. The comments on the twitter back my claim that it is made with that purpose.
    No, the photo makes people believe there is nothing. You're just rambling about clouds and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But the truth exists independent of your effort, either as a consumer or a provider.

So a poorly presented truth is still the truth, and a brilliantly presented lie is still a lie.

What was released by CNN was pretty damn close to the truth, but when you add in the assumptions made ABOUT their report from other sources (Buzzfeed, 4chan etc) then you find that CNN's report ended up poorly received, but still the truth.
    This isn't what I was talking about though. My point was: Wikileaks, as an information provider claiming its information to be truth, should provide some kind of proof of that information being truth. Taking everything they publish as truth by default, just because they have never been caught in providing false information, is logically fallible.

Again, no one has ever proven, for example, Scientologists to be wrong, or David Icke to be wrong. This isn't an argument in support of their words meaning anything and being worth paying any attention to.

They may be publishing genuine documents, for all we know. Or they may be publishing ingenuine ones. Truth exists, but we can't deduce it merely from their documents and the fact that they have never been proven to be wrong.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-01-12 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Because doing that is indeed a good desicion... amirite? I cant understand the furious blowjobs thar trumpistas does to putin. Its sad and hilarious at the same time. HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE US! his ideal scenario is the downfall of your country and you people are so stupid that you cant see that
    It's better for the US to have amicable relationships with Russia than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop assuming and ask instead. I've tagged you. I'm not pointing Wells personally as being the sole perpetrator.
    I didn't say you did, that's you assuming. I only said Wells, because he is the example here. He is the one in this thread, making an assertion. As you can see in my Wikileaks comparison, it's not just Wells. So... touché?

With that cleared up, care to take another shot at my questions?

WTF is 'I tagged you'?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Don't panic folks - TOTUS has this under control:

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say you did, that's you assuming. I only said Wells, because he is the example here. He is the one in this thread, making an assertion. As you can see in my Wikileaks comparison, it's not just Wells. So... touché?

With that cleared up, care to take another shot at my questions?

WTF is 'I tagged you'?
    I've linked your name on a post where the point I was making was literally made by another user on these boards.

That is so you can receive a notification with your name on the post.

Like this. @Felya
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-01-12 at 04:18 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've linked your name on a post where the point I was making was literally made by another user on these boards.
    Thanks for the explanation. Now that even this part is cleared up. Take another shot at my questions?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Not overly surprising, but apparently the stacks of paper and envelopes on the table during Trumps press conference, the 'proof he is divesting himself of any conflict of interest regarding his businesses' was all blank.
    Fake news. No wonder you didn't include a source it's one "news outlet" that wrote an article apparently sourced from one twitter pic by CNN who don't seem to have ran the story.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...98681643995136

One can argue that they may well be blank but there is no proof either way and letting people take photo's could leak personal information.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. CNN has been in hot water. I'm not in Wells head, but I deplore the timing of this piece of "evidence".
    2. The lighting, the context of the picture make people believe that the documents contains nothing.
    3. The comments on the twitter back my claim that it is made with that purpose.
    The photo is just a photo. It doesn't make anyone believe anything. Stop trying to take peoples' agency away.

The comments on Twitter are much more indicative of peoples' beliefs and assumptions RE: Trump than they are the photo or CNN in general.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    @BloodElf4Life Just to make it abundantly clear. I am saying that your accusation of CNN putting out real information, presented in a way that could result in anyone making wild assertions... should sound very familiar...

If Russia has something on Trump - it won't be some lewd sex acts, he has already been shamed for downright illegal sex acts with no repercussions.

No - Trump's soft spot is his financial status, that's where the real meat would be on Trump.

That's why I doubt the leaks as they don't seem to show any strong suggestion on what Russia might REALLY have on him, just some vague dirt much less harmful than Trump himself has said.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    Fake news. No wonder you didn't include a source it's one "news outlet" that wrote an article apparently sourced from one twitter pic by CNN who don't seem to have ran the story.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...98681643995136

One can argue that they may well be blank but there is no proof either way and letting people take photo's could leak personal information.
    What part is fake? The stacks of unlabeled folders? The papers with no ink on them where we would expect to see even a little bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    @BloodElf4Life Just to make it abundantly clear. I am saying that your accusation of CNN putting out real information, presented in a way that could result in anyone making wild assertions... should sound very familiar...
    I'll answer soon(ish) I'm conversing with a friend and typing at the same time is not very great for that.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What part is fake? The stacks of unlabeled folders? The papers with no ink on them where we would expect to see even a little bit?
    Should I buy Trump a surface?

15+ Year Old Account
    Shills will always call others something they aren't for shits and giggles.

See?

But no.

Wikileaks is not comparable. You cannot possibly compare a publisher that posted during 10 years documents that has never been proven as false. Wikileaks has a lot of publishing ethics. You may criticize its head, you may criticize the people who leaks, but the documents released are a 100% genuine.

The only irony here is people being unable to make the difference between a publisher who has a pristine reputation and another which has not. And the first is Wikileaks. Guess which comes for the second definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what accusations? I'm speaking that you chose to use a CNN picture. The claim is yours.
    Yeah, you certainly have made yourself out to be a top notch shill for Trump. Tons of apologism, no desire for "truth", just a want to hide it.

Nothing has necessarily proven wikileaks TRUE either. There's no verification that anything hasn't been altered. You also have no proof that everything the entire intelligence community is saying is fake either.

So keep on shilling.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-01-12 at 04:33 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No one was allowed to look in the folders to tell if they're real or not. They very well could be blank then again seeing as no one was allowed to look in them there could be real. Like I said CNN didn't even run the story that they're fake one source did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If Russia has something on Trump - it won't be some lewd sex acts, he has already been shamed for downright illegal sex acts with no repercussions.

No - Trump's soft spot is his financial status, that's where the real meat would be on Trump.

That's why I doubt the leaks as they don't seem to show any strong suggestion on what Russia might REALLY have on him, just some vague dirt much less harmful than Trump himself has said.
    Yeah, but we live at a time of Pizza rats molesting children. People want sensationalism... I bet what ever he has to hide is in his tax returns... simple as that...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah, you certainly have made yourself out to be a top notch shill for Trump. Tons of apologism, no desire for "truth", just a want to hide it.
    Am I a Trump shill for wanting to see actual evidence before coming to a conclusion? You know, positive claims and all that.

Because so far, the evidence which *has* been provided does nothing to directly link the Russian government to these hackings. And beyond that, why aren't we asking our own government how much hacking they do of other countries? We should know by now they aren't innocent in that regard.