Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah yes, the people, apparently a large % of player base, who only play to progress there gear level, power w/e. There are so many other ways to progress and have fun...Achievements, mounts, titles, fun is 4-ever, AP grind is not.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    The fact that a player can be better geared than a mythic raider simply by doing nothing but mythic + dungeons is not a good system in my eyes.

I honestly feel like they swung too hard the other way. If you're not running Mythic + for that Titanforged trinket, or coining Nightbane for that relic you desperately need, or doing LFR for a legendary chance, you feel like you're falling behind. There's hardly a point anymore where you feel satisfied with your progression, because you could always be gaining a little bit more of an advantage if you just run a +12 Maw just one more time.
    I had never considered that point! That is indeed wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Did you even read his post?

He said he's casual. If you're casual then you don't need to farm the 35 traits. And a casual guild will absolutely not bench you over that, considering they're casual for a reason.

So his way of playing doesn't even make sense with what he said in his OP or what you've said in your post. He's casual, but feels the need to grind? That's the exact opposite of casual..

Also, it's hardly a grind at AK 25.
    Sorry but your logic is flawed in assuming +35 should not matter to a casual player .. Casual today raider tomorrow .. People are casual for many reasons .. New job .. Taking a few weeks off .. Many reasons that dose not mean for ever and a day casual!

Adding a +35 grind to the game is just pure time sink .. The Artifact talents at least added some new abilities all be it passive ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Yeah, and the choice he made is forcing him to play this way, so shut the fuck up about "not being forced to". Forced by choice, yes, still forced nonetheless.
    I made this choice! It is all Blizzards fault!

I bought a sports car! Fuck the insurance companies for higher rates. Fuck the oil companies for my gas mileage. I just wanted to be bad ass and turn heads on the highway. I was fucking forced by that choice to pay more. Fuck this world.

Jesus man.. kids these days are so entitled and whinny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Yeah but replacing "nothing" with more nothing in the form of getting AP trickled into you by doing the random shit you got bored of doing isn't really adding something to do. Know what I mean?
    Ya Mythic+ isn't real content right? Guess you're going to devalue those in a single sentence with something along the lines of "Omg now we have to endless farm different difficulties in 5 mans to get welfare epics that are better than raiding items, omg and legendaries which are completely unbalanced that never drop for me!".

Here's a tip, stop focusing on your AP like it's some kind of job, it's not going to magically down that raid boss or get you an invite to a top guild with that extra 1% added on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

I bought a sports car! Fuck the insurance companies for higher rates. Fuck the oil companies for my gas mileage. I just wanted to be bad ass and turn heads on the highway. I was fucking forced by that choice to pay more. Fuck this world.

100% this.

Deleted
    I don't have 35 traits due to heavy slacking / altoholic and I still do competitive dps for my class/ilvl in mythic en... On 33 traits I beat people of same class on 40 with equal gear, so it's not all about the traits..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    Endless cycle of repeating something is not content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

yeah, you're supposed to take everything up the ass like a low testosterone cuck, hope you remembered to prep your gf/wife's bull, if you even have one to begin with.

I don't know what game you're playing but you don't need to play hardcore at all to get 35 traits these days, even doing a few world quests and emissary quests everyday will get you there easily, 54 is a long grind but it's not like it's required unless you're going to do early progression

My main spec artifact have now 6/20 in the last trait. But I consider artifact as finished when it has 1/20. First point give you 5%, anything more is just small bonus. So 35+ does not suck. The problem are the people who think they must have already all traits while Blizzard said it will (and should be) long proces. Just chill, play the game and you will finish your weapon anyway.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2017-01-12 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!
    you have 6-9 months to slowly gain it during progressing in nighthold - there is 0 reason to grind it now unless someone suffer from sever ocd issues

10+ Year Old Account
    People should not separate casual and "hardcore" as much as they do.

Sure, many guilds require 35+ for the +5% dmg/heal etc.

But being casual doesn't necessarily mean what it sounds like. I was hardcore-casual previous expansions. Meaning I played more than most guild raiders and worked extremly hard to get gear and to do achievements etc. And of course you want to do everything, including maxing your weapons.

Hardcore means to me to guild raid and actually schedule time to play. Casual means you play when you want/can but not that you don't care about the game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but your logic is flawed in assuming +35 should not matter to a casual player
    It should not matter to a casual player in the sense that it must be completed urgently.

Adding a +35 grind to the game is just pure time sink
    Yes, but not in the bad sense you seem to imply. The idea is that you continue to progress and get rewarded for doing stuff even after you hit level 35, but that the reward is not so compelling that you feel forced to do it at maximum possible speed.

AP is obtained by doing anything in this game. The more stuff you do, the more AP you will get. Now you can choose to go mental and do everything you can to maximise your AP or you can choose to do the stuff you enjoy doing in the volumes you enjoy doing them and you'll get AP according to how much or how little you are doing. If you're choosing to do more than you find fun and you're not competing in a top 200 raiding guild then honestly, you are making a bad choice.

As for those in the top 200? Achieving that position requires hard work. If you want to be in the top 1% you need to put in more effort than the other 99%. That doesn't even have anything to do with this game specifically, it's a general principle of not just games, but life itself. And even for the top 1% of raiders out there, they still aren't really forced to do any specific thing. There are a myriad ways to get AP in this game, and the only real limiting factor is how much time you are prepared to invest in chasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    I don't have 35 traits due to heavy slacking / altoholic and I still do competitive dps for my class/ilvl in mythic en... On 33 traits I beat people of same class on 40 with equal gear, so it's not all about the traits..
    you would be doing more with more traits, but if you like to compare yourself with mediocrity that's your prerogative.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    At 35+ playing extremely casually you can make over 1M ap per day so thats 1 point every 2 days or roughly 3-4 per week. Thats like around a month or so to complete an artifact its pretty fast if you ask me.
    Your definition of "extremely casually" must be quite different from mine. Sure, there are days where you get tons of easy AP World Quest and can indeed grab that million within an hour. Couple that with AP granting World Boss (there's a grant total of one, I think?) and it might seem trivial. Except for the next few days you're spammed with resources/gold quests, no AP missions, nothing. I guess you farm Maw of Souls - which is of course very easy for said "extreme casual" player - to reach your average of one million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    you would be doing more with more traits, but if you like to compare yourself with mediocrity that's your prerogative.
    You managed to miss the point entirely, good job fucknugget.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-12 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    You managed to miss the point entirely, good job fucknugget.
    whats the point?

that you're slightly better than people with downsyndrome?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-12 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    you know that you literally have time until ~september to get this traits, right? or whenever 7.2 releases.
    Sept 2018 sounds about right to me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    whats the point?

that you're slightly better than people with downsyndrome?
    edit so i dont get banned
    Last edited by mmocffe5ed6b2e; 2017-01-12 at 12:59 PM.

The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!
    ok so ...at AK 25 i barley have played this week...and still will go from 48 to 49. I mean i played less then 5 hours this week ...

also...if your a casual player ...it has 0 impact on you.

I stopped using AP on a main speak weapon after I've reached +5% damage trait and started to upgrade offspecs in case I want to play them. I think there's no need to kill myself with grinding over 0,5% increases